What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

A Sheep's Dilemma Over Her Passion & Mission: Hand Me Your Words of Wisdom.

Hey soulies, I'd love your opinion on something.
So this is a real life matter, before we get into it, here's a couple things Abt me.

During my younger years, I used to play badminton like a passionate maniac. A husk for the sport. From morning till dawn. I used to play it till my legs went noodly alongside my father. But ever since my parent's divorce. I've wasn't able to play consistently since my dad went to another country and came back infrequently after their separation. That and my dad's job before the divorce.
He had to work in another country to support the fam. So during those rare visits when my dad came back, those golden opportunities for uncompromised badminton time with him were always divine. He also visited a couple of times after separating with my mother too.

But as the years passed, I gradually stopped playing badminton since my chances were always compromised by half hearted souls. Or they didn't stay due to other life matters. My family doesn't share and don't want to share the passion that I have for the sport. They're not willing or wanting to show up as my partner since our energies don't match. I'm not gonna hold compromises over my mission, passion anymore, in order to manifest the future that I stand for.

So recently, as of now, I've been blessed with an opportunity to play with a girl. I've just started playing with her and the thing is, her energy doesn't match mine in it's intensity. It shows in her actions as well, I understand that since we've just met and just recently acquainted. But I don't know if she'll be willing to grow stronger, stretch beyond with me for the long haul.

My peak years of health and fitness was at the age of 7-8 ish. I almost had a 6 pack since my 4 pack was visible. The outlines of it were there. And I'm on a mission to get back holistically in shape. I'm expert and pro at building up my skill at badminton from the very rock bottom. I'm familiar with climbing the ladder since that was what kept happening everytime my dad went away, then came back after a long time. Sometimes 2 yrs admittedly.
He doesn't visit anymore and it's been so long since.

So I'm learning to utilize my whole body again for this ride.
I know intuitively. And I trust 110% in my get back up muscle. Ain't no stranger.

I've been working out recently too so that's a bonus for my trip on the road.

Now here's my concern, since my partner may be compromised in the long run, I went with my mom to a field to check and ask about a coach for me in the sport.
I'm desperate so I did a lot to procure all these recent experiences that are now under my belt. Including this chance.

It was an indoor field and despite the hour, there were a lot of people, boys specifically. Who were at a more advanced level than me. Skill wise. Athletic and tall.

Here's the info the coach gave us, "1 hour per session for 2 days of the week for solo training," "2 hour per session for 2 days of the week for group training.

I'm planning to accept the solo sessions for 2 weeks just to grow my foundation & squeeze the juice in order to stretch. Then for the long term, switch to the group's session for the sake of financial matters since my mother isn't in the best place, financially.

"Group's" more cheap since there's lots of people.
Another of my concerns lies with there being way too many boys from what I've seen.
Admittedly I also lack the clothes I'd be comfortable playing in, in order to play full out.

I'm not comfortable with giving my 110% in my jumps with my skinny leggings. So for that matter, me and my mom will get that fixed. Keep in mind of those 'financial' matters I've expressed, they apply here.

And this entirety of an opportunity & experience is just so new and unknown to me. It's been so long since exposing and putting myself out there ever since the pandemic.

#Online school these past years & yet to start school, it's due on June.

So I'm hesitant. Almost like an sensory overload to put it out there. I just want anyone's opinions since I do love the sport, but I also feel like having a coach is excessive.
At the same time I'm just hesitant and that's due to my planner, introverted tendancies. Spontaneity & crowds aren't something I'm too familiar with when it comes to open events/experiences like these. Specially those active ones since it's been awhile.

Gimme your honest opinions and your precious insights, thoughts about this.
I'm deeply contemplating over all of this. I'd love some help with landing onto a decision.
So no egos. Just raw honesty and all them precious thoughts. I'll be forever grateful.

Ps, the indoor field looks similarly like this.

-xx.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-28-21-22-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-28-21-22-51.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 9

9KvA5

It was nice to read about a person's experiences on occasion, and I sense that you have been struggling with what you are doing. That's fine; we all struggle, but every struggle can help you become a stronger person. Always remember to put your heart and soul into whatever you do, and don't forget to have faith in your ability to succeed in the choices you make.
A healthy relationship needs a balance of togetherness and separateness, so don't be scared to make errors because that's how we learn from them and can utilize that knowledge to prevent repeating the same mistakes we made in the past. While being close is beneficial, it's also crucial to preserve your independence and sense of self. While acknowledging that it's common to experience periods of time when you feel more or less connected, aim for balance as your baseline.

It was nice to read about a person's experiences on occasion, and I sense that you have been struggling with what you are doing. That's fine; we all struggle, but every struggle can help you become a stronger person. Always remember to put your heart and soul into whatever you do, and don't forget to have faith in your ability to succeed in the choices you make.
A healthy relationship needs a balance of togetherness and separateness, so don't be scared to make errors because that's how we learn from them and can utilize that knowledge to prevent repeating the same mistakes we made in the past. While being close is beneficial, it's also crucial to preserve your independence and sense of self. While acknowledging that it's common to experience periods of time when you feel more or less connected, aim for balance as your baseline.
Oh lord you rolled me into a fluffy tortilla God bless you. I've been waiting for you. So grateful. I needed to hear that so thank the heavens for sending you to me. Okie! Noted. I've grown & expanded already so thank you, precious soul for your journey thus far. You've been so divine already. I'll do as you said, now that we know better. Have the bestest of days 9kva4! I'm open and looking forward to others thoughts on this too. I'd love to hear that. So. To all's who've seen this, there's all the space here so feel free to expand and share! Looking forward to every bit of it. #Future #Wiser #OpenDoor Goodnight beloveds.🐇🧡

verdigris

Oh, hey! A fellow badminton player! 🙌

I hear where you're coming from, but I really suggest that you go with it. Having a coach and other skilled, higher level players is awesome. The coach can tell you what you need to work on and suggest exercises to help, and they'll pair you with players that are near your level to help you keep improving. Speaking from experience, players who are doing these paid activities past elementary school (when parents will just throw kids at whatever to see what sticks) are also passionate about the sport. All you have to do to spark a conversation and start building relationships is to talk about badminton. Everything else will naturally flow from there. I also hear where you are financially, but it sounds like your parents really care for you, and I'm sure your mom wants you to pursue what your passionate about. I don't know if you're interested in going to college, but having a sport on your college applications will help. Hell, you might get a scholarship if the college or uni you go to has a badminton team.

It sounds like you might be a teen? As a 30-something, I can tell you now that I wish I could go back and re-enroll myself in these teen sports clubs/lessons. Most of these are geared towards kids and teens, and the ones that are for adults are even more expensive (at least in my area). Badminton certainly isn't popular where I am. It's a 1-2 hour commute to the nearest center if I'm interested, and work and all the other activities that have to be done to be a functional adult get in the way. Take full opportunity in your teen years to do what you want to do when possible. I can 100% guarantee that it gets harder to do the things you want to do as you age and other commitments get in the way.

Also, if you're worried about your legs and don't have access to gym equipment, start jumping rope and doing squats. Those'll help. Oh, and if you have the space for it, run suicides, not only going forward, but also going backward and sideways. That'll help you get a work out using all the muscles you'll need for full court coverage. If you have a beach near you and don't mind being in public, run them on the beach. The sand will add extra resistance and help with balance.

Oh, hey! A fellow badminton player! 🙌

I hear where you're coming from, but I really suggest that you go with it. Having a coach and other skilled, higher level players is awesome. The coach can tell you what you need to work on and suggest exercises to help, and they'll pair you with players that are near your level to help you keep improving. Speaking from experience, players who are doing these paid activities past elementary school (when parents will just throw kids at whatever to see what sticks) are also passionate about the sport. All you have to do to spark a conversation and start building relationships is to talk about badminton. Everything else will naturally flow from there. I also hear where you are financially, but it sounds like your parents really care for you, and I'm sure your mom wants you to pursue what your passionate about. I don't know if you're interested in going to college, but having a sport on your college applications will help. Hell, you might get a scholarship if the college or uni you go to has a badminton team.

It sounds like you might be a teen? As a 30-something, I can tell you now that I wish I could go back and re-enroll myself in these teen sports clubs/lessons. Most of these are geared towards kids and teens, and the ones that are for adults are even more expensive (at least in my area). Badminton certainly isn't popular where I am. It's a 1-2 hour commute to the nearest center if I'm interested, and work and all the other activities that have to be done to be a functional adult get in the way. Take full opportunity in your teen years to do what you want to do when possible. I can 100% guarantee that it gets harder to do the things you want to do as you age and other commitments get in the way.

Also, if you're worried about your legs and don't have access to gym equipment, start jumping rope and doing squats. Those'll help. Oh, and if you have the space for it, run suicides, not only going forward, but also going backward and sideways. That'll help you get a work out using all the muscles you'll need for full court coverage. If you have a beach near you and don't mind being in public, run them on the beach. The sand will add extra resistance and help with balance.
I shed a tear a lil bit, I'm touched. Thank you so much Verdigris. I really appreciate you so much. From the souls who've touched me so far on this forum, I'm feeling a lot of things so I'm so grateful for all and every bit of this. Extending towards you souls too. Gosh. Heavensent. I thank the universe and everything that led to this. I'll cherish your message. Noted. I'll do as you said. I'm determined and my mentality's getting clearer about this so thank you. I'll hold your message in a sacred place in my heart. Have the bestest verdigris. Hope you're living divinely as you're reflecting yourself to be. Okie! I'm happy, I'll skeddadle. I hope to all the souls out there to be willing, and feel free to share all that you do. Toodle-doo bellevues! 💗

Also I've screenshotted these messages cause I genuinely appreciate them from the bottom of my heart. I wanna keep them. Hehe, kk keep shining as you are Verdi! So brilliant. 💗 9kva5 included. Matter of fact. Whooosh~🕊️