What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Recommended CoG, HG, etc games where you're not the chosen one?

miral29

Is there a game like that?

A game where you're not the heir of a royal bloodline, a hero destined to defeat the evil, or a child of someone with good standing.

A game where you're just someone with no connection to any relevant characters but got into the plot because of certain circumstances.

Thank you for recommendations!

Hackett Thrail

Hmm... I can think of a couple. I guess it depends on what you mean by "chosen", Are you discounting "child of destiny" type of stuff or also "I saw you and picked you cause lmao"?

I think A Squire's tale fits? You're the child of a fallen-from-grace house and the only reason you're on the main plot is because your Knight wants to find the heir to the Kingdom herself.

It's a medieval game where you as a squire need to earn your knighthood while going on a quest where you'll encounter political machinations and the fae. Pretty good story with a number of choices with hidden variables.

There's also Blood Moon, a werewolf romance game where a chance encounter with a stray changes everything for your adoptive pack.

You got your atypical Werewolf vs. Vampire story but everything does feel rather earned instead of you being handed everything. Especially the chance of becoming the Pack Alpha depends entirely on your choices.

There's also Choice of the Pirates, Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum & Ironheart where instead of being "chosen" it's more like **** keeps happening to you.

miral29

Hmm... I can think of a couple. I guess it depends on what you mean by "chosen", Are you discounting "child of destiny" type of stuff or also "I saw you and picked you cause lmao"?

I think A Squire's tale fits? You're the child of a fallen-from-grace house and the only reason you're on the main plot is because your Knight wants to find the heir to the Kingdom herself.

It's a medieval game where you as a squire need to earn your knighthood while going on a quest where you'll encounter political machinations and the fae. Pretty good story with a number of choices with hidden variables.

There's also Blood Moon, a werewolf romance game where a chance encounter with a stray changes everything for your adoptive pack.

You got your atypical Werewolf vs. Vampire story but everything does feel rather earned instead of you being handed everything. Especially the chance of becoming the Pack Alpha depends entirely on your choices.

There's also Choice of the Pirates, Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum & Ironheart where instead of being "chosen" it's more like **** keeps happening to you.
Child of destiny is out I think because it still has the "chosen one" vibe but "I saw you and picked you cause lmao" fits I think. Thank you for the suggestions I will check those.

infernos

Hmm...Battlemage fits your description, infinity saga, the lawless ones, insert rich family name, temple of endless nights, dragon & djinn among others that comes to mind.

hilise

Is there a game like that?

A game where you're not the heir of a royal bloodline, a hero destined to defeat the evil, or a child of someone with good standing.

A game where you're just someone with no connection to any relevant characters but got into the plot because of certain circumstances.

Thank you for recommendations!
Werewolf Noir and Hollowed Minds off the top of my head right now