What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Releasing mods without testing ?

Kryu

Captain
Staff member
I say trial it for now without testing Danfab and if it goes well then continue or if you find without testing first there's a lot of complaints of errors then return to testing.

Qeii

Well, honestly. Testing it yourself would be the most efficient way of finding errors as you're the one adding the codes after all. It would mean that you'll know which to spot immediately. But you're right that it will take too much time and it's not like everyone's free all the time so tbh, getting testers would be a better option. Depending on how many stuff you release weekly is how many testers you should get. The choice is upto you though.

DanFabulich

Sheriff of ChoiceofMods
Staff member
Co-Admin
VIP
Vergil's Brother
hey all, I'm recruiting beta testers for my mods. If interested then contact Captain Santa in our Discord Server.

DanFabulich

Sheriff of ChoiceofMods
Staff member
Co-Admin
VIP
Vergil's Brother
I would love to but I'm no longer a member of com discord.
you can just create a new account if you don't have any yet and join again.
Scroll up to find the discord link.(on discord icon)

rvcont

You guys may need to update the link. It says invalid or expired when I try to join the discord

djkunn

then I'll be creating a hidden thread just for beta testers and will assign this role to those who want to be.
Why not make a thread for untested moded games, then anyone will be able to test it, kind of like public betas. They will also know it may have errors.

Private will only hinder you, public testing will be faster.

DanFabulich

Sheriff of ChoiceofMods
Staff member
Co-Admin
VIP
Vergil's Brother
Why not make a thread for untested moded games, then anyone will be able to test it, kind of like public betas. They will also know it may have errors.

Private will only hinder you, public testing will be faster.
I rather not send mods full of bugs to thousand of people

djkunn

I rather not send mods full of bugs to thousand of people
They will know they are untested and open beta... You don't force anyone to test them and anyone that want to give it a go can .. don't really will change more than private except that more people will be able to test them and it will be faster, up to you I guess but many devs do that.

DanFabulich

Sheriff of ChoiceofMods
Staff member
Co-Admin
VIP
Vergil's Brother
They will know they are untested and open beta... You don't force anyone to test them and anyone that want to give it a go can .. don't really will change more than private except that more people will be able to test them and it will be faster, up to you I guess but many devs do that.
I prefer a little amount of people to interact, if you wanna join beta testing feel free to contact Santa in our Discord Server.