What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Share your love for elves here

DanFabulich

Sheriff of ChoiceofMods
Staff member
Co-Admin
VIP
Approved Releaser
Vergil's Brother
Hello everyone,

I created this thread so you all can point out the facts you LOVE about elves and any other reason elves should be adored.
You all can also share your favorite art work of elves (SFW only).
Also do tell when was the first time you saw/read/heard about elves and from which movie/book/story.
Most importantly show your affection for elves.

certain

My pick for one of the best elves would have to be Luthien from the Tolkienverse.
The woman was, first of all, A girlboss by all accounts.

She not only had the balls to become to first ever Elf to love a mortal man, but she did so against her father's wishes, who gave her and Beren the impossible task of getting one of the Silmarils from Morgoth himself.

Not only that, but they SUCCEEDED in doing so.

Unfortunately, Beren died soon after, and Luthien being the Romeo to his Juliet, too passed away to the Hall Of Mandos.

But guess what, being the most beautiful creation of Illuvatar (And a love story for the ages) grants you the amnesty of being noticed by the Valar Mandos himself, who took pity on their love and granted a second, life to both Beren and Luthien.

Did I mention that she was also a love letter from Tolkien to his wife? Who had Luthien engraved on her tomb and later when he died, 'Beren' was engraved on his.

All in all, pretty rad.

Attachments

• dee1kj4-5b09d807-634e-4316-a0fb-f989761bd20c.jpg
    dee1kj4-5b09d807-634e-4316-a0fb-f989761bd20c.jpg
    594.2 KB · Views: 7

Hackett Thrail

ELF LOVERS UNITE!!!

First off, Merci beaucoup Dan, I'm glad EVERYONE can see, you are with us on the right side of History.

Honestly, my love of Elves started from(and I suspect, is true for many others) The Lord of the Rings, whether books or films, Tolkien touched multiple generations with his work and inspired countless more in the fantasy genre. I remember when I was a kid, I think 8? When I first watched "The Fellowship of The Ring", seeing Arwen just come in and single-handedly save the fellowship from the Nazgûl? Not to mention that this was during peak Liv Tyler but it didn't stop with just her, fast-forward just a lil bit and we meet Galadriel, played by the eternally beautiful Cate Blanchett.

I won't lie and say Galadriel didn't awaken something in me when she was being seduced by the One Ring and scared Frodo, it's because of her I absolutely adore scary women. Of course, there are others, such as the Elven Queen of Beauty, Francesca Findabair from the Witcher series, the charming High Elf Archer from Goblin Slayer or even Yvraine from Warhammer 40K.

Basically, me like Elf. Enjoy some quality Elf art.

Attachments

• Elven lass.jpg
    Elven lass.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Francesca Findabair.PNG
    Francesca Findabair.PNG
    706.6 KB · Views: 10
  • High Elf Archer.PNG
    High Elf Archer.PNG
    756.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Yvraine.jpg
    Yvraine.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 10

Vamp-kun

I'm not sure I ever remember when did I read about elves or ever saw them in media. I consumed too much nerd bloo—! Culture... to remember that.
I mean, yeah I read Tolkien's books in my language and in french, and in english, but I remember them waaay earlier. It's like they've always been a part of me. For eternity.

Hito

My favourite elf is Jon Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2.

"Ah, the child of Bhaal has awoken. It is time for more.... experiments"