What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Can Other CYOA Style Games be Requested or Added?

socyo

Good day!

As I was looking for CYOA games at Play Store, I stumbled upon so many games and titles from the likes of Delight Games, Magium Games, Eldrum Games by Act None AB and several other Interactive stories and Text RPG games that piqued my curiosity.

Can someone enlighten me if other CYOA Style Games and the ones mentioned above be Requested or Added in here? If it's impossible, can you also state the reason why?

Last edited:

Kjfbo3904

I believe you can, but it would be unfruitful, given the forum is mainly designated for COG/HG games (with Twine experience as well), and the modders themselves are more familiar with that file structure and not for the games listed above. They may all be choice games but their programming engines are most probably than not different. They would have to dedicate time to learn that system first and determine what most of the functions, variables, and etcetera, do. Just use google and search for the modded version of the game your interested in (just be careful of suspicious or untrustworthy sites) and you should eventually find the mod you are looking for.

socyo

I believe you can, but it would be unfruitful, given the forum is mainly designated for COG/HG games (with Twine experience as well), and the modders themselves are more familiar with that file structure and not for the games listed above. They may all be choice games but their programming engines are most probably than not different. They would have to dedicate time to learn that system first and determine what most of the functions, variables, and etcetera, do. Just use google and search for the modded version of the game your interested in (just be careful of suspicious or untrustworthy sites) and you should eventually find the mod you are looking for.
This is definitely a valid point of view. With Choice of Games hosting and having their script used so they have similar backbones. I was very thankful that aside from them they were also able to do Twine games as well and hopefully more in the future.