What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Resource icon

Fields of Asphodel v1.0.3 Mod Menu 1.0.3

Register to download this resource for free!

DanFabulich

Sheriff of ChoiceofMods
Staff member
Co-Admin
VIP
Approved Releaser
Vergil's Brother
DanFabulich submitted a new resource:

Fields of Asphodel v1.0.3 Mod Menu - Fields of Asphodel

Fields of Asphodel Mod by Choiceofmods.

Read more about this resource...

NOTE: MAKE SURE TO CHECK AND OPEN ACHIEVEMENT OPTION AND IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SEE THE OPTION THEN TAP ON RESTART TO RESTART THE GAME ELSE IT CAN BUG YOUR GAME SO MAKE SURE IT'S VISIBLE ALL THE TIME AND IF YOU ARE FAR AHEAD IN STORY AND ACHIEVEMENT IS NOT VISIBLE THEN SAVE YOUR GAME AND RESTART IT AFTER RESTARTING WHEN ACHIEVEMENT WILL BE VISIBLE THEN SIMPLY LOAD THE GAME YOU SAVED SO YOU WON'T LOOSE ANY PROGRESS.

For Achievements Error: Pull to refresh the game and click on Ok (it's located on South East of Error window) then cancel 2nd popup, after that save your game and click on restart to restart the game after that open achievements option to make sure it's working properly then load from your latest save.

Short Explanation on fix = Save, Restart then Load.(Work for Play Again Bug too.)

For Donations: https://ko-fi.com/danfab

kyameiko

wahoo! thank you! edit: i dont get the achievement option no matter what i do :confused: but im still playing it lol

Last edited:

daniellwtf

It's only me or is this game heavily tilted towards female mc? I only played the start BUT the game doesn't seem to actually let you play a straight male, the story seems written to be female and treats you as such.

aukwa

It's only me or is this game heavily tilted towards female mc? I only played the start BUT the game doesn't seem to actually let you play a straight male, the story seems written to be female and treats you as such.

I 100% agree with you, it kind of makes me a little upset, this is from the CoG forum about the game from the author as well.

Q2: Does this game cater to any particular gender/sexuality?

A: I haven’t written it to do so, and if it seems to, I’d really like to know how to make it not do that. I’m queer myself, and all the ROs are available to a PC of any gender. Be gay, do crimes. Be trans. Be enby or bi or ace or aro or poly. There are options here for all of you, and I welcome your feedback.

Parallax

Grr, I hate it in IFs!
But on the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the author did it even unconsciously. After all, the character from mythology that the author changed into MC in their game is a woman.

unluckyspoon

That actually depends on what you define as 'straight male.' Is it the physical part, or something else? You must understand that in some old Greek lore, Persephone and Dionysus happen to be one and the same person. The creator said as much on their Tumblr page, and it reflects in the part where Hades asks for your name. If you prefer to imagine your character as 'rugged,' in a sense, as there's an option to be athletic, then of course you are free to do so. That's the charm of a text-based game and character customization.

If it's about how the other characters 'treat' you... okay, my bad. I really can't find the word I'm looking for. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, as when you mentioned the start of the game, I'm assuming you've finished the prologue up to chapter 2 at least, where the rest of the cast is introduced. Remember, as the player character (PC), you can control your choices and shape your personality extensively, as the author took great consideration with the options available, but we, as the PC, cannot control other characters' actions to suit our narrative. Each character has their own personality and motives, and romance isn't mandatory; the game even provides options to pursue purely platonic relationships.

Maybe, in your perception, they treat you as 'dainty'—not exactly the word I was looking for, but it will do—because they’re simply walking on eggshells around your PC or are respectful of your boundaries. Not to mention, you are still the child of Demeter, and speaking of Demeter, she will likely be a helicopter parent regardless of your identity, treating you as one would care for a flower that’s one of a kind. But as for the rest, Greek lore suggests that gods, goddesses, and deities are indulgent by nature, whether it be wine, parties, murder (lol), s*x, or love.

So, if you feel 'off' because Hermes comes onto you in some dialogues, consider it harmless flirting. If you look at the relationships of Greek gods, goddesses, and deities in general, you’ll find that they don’t really mind what you identify as; they each have their own reasons to fall in love with another (usually for being too beautiful, and that includes men and women). I'd say the author captures the personalities of the Olympus cast (tutors, Athena, Aphrodite) very well. About our Aunt Hestia, although I'm not really familiar with her lore, I believe she would always be kind to Demeter's child. Depending on your choices, the game even gives you the option to see her as a mother figure rather than Demeter.

Moving on to the Underworld cast, I think what you show them reflects their behavior (Leks excluded as they are understandably wary of you at the start). If you make it clear that you don't want anything to do with them, they'll, of course, keep a respectable distance (with a few exceptions). As Consort, they are still obligated to treat you with a degree of respect. I've never actually chosen one of those options, so again, take this with a grain of salt, or if someone could kindly clarify. I did remember a Steam review where they mentioned that the game didn't let you play as a straight male, and what they meant was they didn't like the fact that they identify as a straight male but were still set to marry Hades.

Again, a reminder that this isn't really a huge issue considering the Greek lore I mentioned earlier, and this is Zeus' plan to get under Demeter's skin and, by extension, Hades'. And as this is a retelling of the abduction of Persephone—or Dionysus or Seth—it wouldn't make sense if someone from the Underworld cast replaced Hades' role. Or, if you expected a... ahem, 'genderbent' version, then I'm sorry if your expectations were not met. I understand that not everyone will like the game, and understandably so, as we each have our own preferences.

Last edited:

daniellwtf

That actually depends on what you define as 'straight male.' Is it the physical part, or something else? You must understand that in some old Greek lore, Persephone and Dionysus happen to be one and the same person. The creator said as much on their Tumblr page, and it reflects in the part where Hades asks for your name. If you prefer to imagine your character as 'rugged,' in a sense, as there's an option to be athletic, then of course you are free to do so. That's the charm of a text-based game and character customization.

If it's about how the other characters 'treat' you... okay, my bad. I really can't find the word I'm looking for. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, as when you mentioned the start of the game, I'm assuming you've finished the prologue up to chapter 2 at least, where the rest of the cast is introduced. Remember, as the player character (PC), you can control your choices and shape your personality extensively, as the author took great consideration with the options available, but we, as the PC, cannot control other characters' actions to suit our narrative. Each character has their own personality and motives, and romance isn't mandatory; the game even provides options to pursue purely platonic relationships.

Maybe, in your perception, they treat you as 'dainty'—not exactly the word I was looking for, but it will do—because they’re simply walking on eggshells around your PC or are respectful of your boundaries. Not to mention, you are still the child of Demeter, and speaking of Demeter, she will likely be a helicopter parent regardless of your identity, treating you as one would care for a flower that’s one of a kind. But as for the rest, Greek lore suggests that gods, goddesses, and deities are indulgent by nature, whether it be wine, parties, murder (lol), s*x, or love.

So, if you feel 'off' because Hermes comes onto you in some dialogues, consider it harmless flirting. If you look at the relationships of Greek gods, goddesses, and deities in general, you’ll find that they don’t really mind what you identify as; they each have their own reasons to fall in love with another (usually for being too beautiful, and that includes men and women). I'd say the author captures the personalities of the Olympus cast (tutors, Athena, Aphrodite) very well. About our Aunt Hestia, although I'm not really familiar with her lore, I believe she would always be kind to Demeter's child. Depending on your choices, the game even gives you the option to see her as a mother figure rather than Demeter.

Moving on to the Underworld cast, I think what you show them reflects their behavior (Leks excluded as they are understandably wary of you at the start). If you make it clear that you don't want anything to do with them, they'll, of course, keep a respectable distance (with a few exceptions). As Consort, they are still obligated to treat you with a degree of respect. I've never actually chosen one of those options, so again, take this with a grain of salt, or if someone could kindly clarify. I did remember a Steam review where they mentioned that the game didn't let you play as a straight male, and what they meant was they didn't like the fact that they identify as a straight male but were still set to marry Hades.

Again, a reminder that this isn't really a huge issue considering the Greek lore I mentioned earlier, and this is Zeus' plan to get under Demeter's skin and, by extension, Hades'. And as this is a retelling of the abduction of Persephone—or Dionysus or Seth—it wouldn't make sense if someone from the Underworld cast replaced Hades' role. Or, if you expected a... ahem, 'genderbent' version, then I'm sorry if your expectations were not met. I understand that not everyone will like the game, and understandably so, as we each have our own preferences.
It's hard to explain, I just feel that the way they talk/react to 'me' is heavily tilted towards mc being female, I understand that the Greeks are the apex of debauchery (and i don't really have a problem with it) but it gets 'uncomfortable' sometimes being treated like a woman, It's not even a problem of being like 'hur dur I don't like men' cause when it happens in real life I just go 'sorry, but I'm not really interested' and that's it, the problem was really the way things happened. Anyway, maybe it's a 'me' problem, I didn't really see no one talking about this, that's why I posted my original comment, to see if other people felt the same.

Last edited:

DanFabulich

Sheriff of ChoiceofMods
Staff member
Co-Admin
VIP
Approved Releaser
Vergil's Brother
wahoo! thank you! edit: i dont get the achievement option no matter what i do :confused: but im still playing it lol
if you don't see achievement option after opening the game for the first time then that game don't have any achievement, so if you run into any problem later then simply save, restart and load.
Evening warchief, the google play alert me this was dangerous file. What should i do 😑
that's false positive, you can safely ignore the alert.

daniellwtf

I 100% agree with you, it kind of makes me a little upset, this is from the CoG forum about the game from the author as well.

Q2: Does this game cater to any particular gender/sexuality?

A: I haven’t written it to do so, and if it seems to, I’d really like to know how to make it not do that. I’m queer myself, and all the ROs are available to a PC of any gender. Be gay, do crimes. Be trans. Be enby or bi or ace or aro or poly. There are options here for all of you, and I welcome your feedback.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was, I have played a few 'all including games' from CoG that are clearly written with a specific gender for the MC.

daniellwtf

Grr, I hate it in IFs!
But on the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the author did it even unconsciously. After all, the character from mythology that the author changed into MC in their game is a woman.
I saw that too with the 'Persephone' default name, but Dionysus name actually trowed me off for a bit, cause from what I know Dionysus = Zagreus, but hey, It's good to learn new things. There's also the fact that Hades and Persephone kid were already there, I was confused asf.