What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

How to Mod CoG & HG

fate

Do you actually want my secret? I don't believe it would be applicable considering I am using a computer, though. Modding on a phone is. A choice I do not want to make.
hey, I tried modding in the computer too but after trying to download the edited apk it gives me an error, do you rebuild the apk after its done??

Zei

Modding in app purchases in android without using lucky patcher is actually very easy, I've done it numerous amounts of time.

The only problem is, telling people since i only do it when i could not find a mod on the internet, and does not want the author's revenue to be broken.

goodguy

Do you actually want my secret? I don't believe it would be applicable considering I am using a computer, though. Modding on a phone is. A choice I do not want to make.
Yes how do you do it. Ive tried for like a week to get the apk to install after editing the text files in the scenes folder but it just shows a parsing error.

smthdffrnt

Heya,
I have a few CoG games in my Steam library and I've found a way to basically have both a quick save/load system and a stat editor. It's really janky, but it works most of the time.
Steam has these game state files in the "\Steam\userdata\*numbers*\*numbers*\remote" folder called something like "storePSnightroadPSstate" or "storePSVampirePSstate." They can be opened in a text editor (I'm using Notepad++) . So, you can save a copy of those at any moment in the story and, when you replace the current PSstate file, the game will load up that game state, basically quick loading the moment you saved.
Now, I've downloaded a few of the modded CoG games for PC (Thank you, DeiArcana, for all of your work) and have been trying to find the same game state files for those, unsuccessfully. So, my question is "Are there even those PSstate files for modded PC releases? Or is it a Steam only feature?"

Liu_Kang

Heya,
I have a few CoG games in my Steam library and I've found a way to basically have both a quick save/load system and a stat editor. It's really janky, but it works most of the time.
Steam has these game state files in the "\Steam\userdata\*numbers*\*numbers*\remote" folder called something like "storePSnightroadPSstate" or "storePSVampirePSstate." They can be opened in a text editor (I'm using Notepad++) . So, you can save a copy of those at any moment in the story and, when you replace the current PSstate file, the game will load up that game state, basically quick loading the moment you saved.
Now, I've downloaded a few of the modded CoG games for PC (Thank you, DeiArcana, for all of your work) and have been trying to find the same game state files for those, unsuccessfully. So, my question is "Are there even those PSstate files for modded PC releases? Or is it a Steam only feature?"
Yes, there is
Inside the Goldberg SteamEmu Saves file
You can find it in the AppData folder, then the Roaming folder

You can write %AppData%
in the Run

Nish24

Modding in app purchases in android without using lucky patcher is actually very easy, I've done it numerous amounts of time.

The only problem is, telling people since i only do it when i could not find a mod on the internet, and does not want the author's revenue to be broken.
Please kindly tell me how did you do it?

Wequir56

I actually wanna ask, when people like Dei and more, How are they able to add Options like the Mod Menu on the json file? The game errors if I try to do it myself...