What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

I Can Make Mods

Sevaroq

Good day,

I have been modding some games for some time now. I was wondering if I would be allowed to post the mods I create in this website, at the modders and admins discretion of course.

I usually generate the HTML of the game to play on, which would be in an archive file (zip) with the assets, but I am also able to make an apk file to install. My mods are just cheat menus, in-game save/load functionality, along with saving/loading in a series. So that you may save and load between a prequel and sequel for example.

If anyone is interested, and I am allowed, then I can post some mods whenever I get the time and chance, just to help out.

- Sev

kennnielll12

Good day,

I have been modding some games for some time now. I was wondering if I would be allowed to post the mods I create in this website, at the modders and admins discretion of course.

I usually generate the HTML of the game to play on, which would be in an archive file (zip) with the assets, but I am also able to make an apk file to install. My mods are just cheat menus, in-game save/load functionality, along with saving/loading in a series. So that you may save and load between a prequel and sequel for example.

If anyone is interested, and I am allowed, then I can post some mods whenever I get the time and chance, just to help out.

- Sev
r u willing to teach someone for their personal use?

Sevaroq

r u willing to teach someone for their personal use?
Indeed, eventually I could.

The process is relatively simple, much of what is needed is already provided by CoG. You require the beginner zip archive they give to new authors. This comes with the ability to compile the scenes (text files) into an HTML. To introduce a cheat menu, you need some choicescript knowledge and possibly modify the mygame.js file.

The hard parts are getting the scene files and embedding the game into an APK (not really, but the simplest way is to get website2apk or similar).

This is the gist of it. The tools you could use are a power text editor (i.e. Notepad++ or VS Code), NodeJS or Portable Firefox Older Version (to run compile.js or compile.html respectively).

If you follow the tutorials on how to make a Choicescript game (not just hosting some text files on Dashingdon, but making an HTML file), then it'll help you understand more sufficiently.

Zuuzoa

The process is relatively simple, much of what is needed is already provided by CoG. You require the beginner zip archive they give to new authors. This comes with the ability to compile the scenes (text files) into an HTML. To introduce a cheat menu, you need some choicescript knowledge and possibly modify the mygame.js file.

The hard parts are getting the scene files and embedding the game into an APK (not really, but the simplest way is to get website2apk or similar).

This is the gist of it. The tools you could use are a power text editor (i.e. Notepad++ or VS Code), NodeJS or Portable Firefox Older Version (to run compile.js or compile.html respectively).

If you follow the tutorials on how to make a Choicescript game (not just hosting some text files on Dashingdon, but making an HTML file), then it'll help you understand more sufficiently.
Sev could you make some sordwin mods/save menus apks????

Zuuzoa

Or htmls ❤️

Sevaroq

If that is what you desire. I have been interested in playing the Evertree Saga as well. I'll add it to the list.

As a side note for yourself and others. I am unfortunately busy on the weekdays, so most (yet not all) of my mods will be done/released on fridays and weekends.

muliadi

i'm pretty sure you don't really need permission to post your own mods here. as long as you are not doing anything shady (like putting them behind paywall, putting virus inside the files, or claiming other people's mods as your own) the community will definitely appreciate your help in creating more mods and lessen the burden on Dan's and Dei's shoulders (look at the Mod Requests section and you'll know what i mean lmao)

besides this isn't some kind of competition where only Dan and Dei who are allowed to participate, so yeah why not post any mods you make whenever you feel like it? i don't know about the others but personally you will have my eternal gratitude lol (i would offer my firstborn but i wasn't sure i would ever reproduce so lmao)

Zuuzoa

If that is what you desire. I have been interested in playing the Evertree Saga as well. I'll add it to the list.

As a side note for yourself and others. I am unfortunately busy on the weekdays, so most (yet not all) of my mods will be done/released on fridays and weekends.
That would be awesome, I wish you luck

Sevaroq

i'm pretty sure you don't really need permission to post your own mods here. as long as you are not doing anything shady (like putting them behind paywall, putting virus inside the files, or claiming other people's mods as your own) the community will definitely appreciate your help in creating more mods and lessen the burden on Dan's and Dei's shoulders (look at the Mod Requests section and you'll know what i mean lmao)

besides this isn't some kind of competition where only Dan and Dei who are allowed to participate, so yeah why not post any mods you make whenever you feel like it? i don't know about the others but personally you will have my eternal gratitude lol (i would offer my firstborn but i wasn't sure i would ever reproduce so lmao)
Haha, your gratitude would be more than enough. Nevertheless, I appreciate the support and insight on the matter. Thank you

kennnielll12

🥲 thts sounds hard . Ill tell u hiw it goes in a few months 😭😭😭😭😭😭