What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Readers, your Opinions

PepperMint

So, me and my friend been making a choicescript game for a couple of months. The demo is not published yet since it's still in development. We're still undecided whether we should use relationship percentage or not. Do you guys think the relationship percentage is annoying and break your immersion in the game, or are you fine with it?? Suggestion, anyone?

Amy

Personally I have no problem with it. Most of the cog and hosted games have them and as long as you don't have too many (especially where relationship percentages aren't needed) then go ahead.

Amara

So, me and my friend been making a choicescript game for a couple of months. The demo is not published yet since it's still in development. We're still undecided whether we should use relationship percentage or not. Do you guys think the relationship percentage is annoying and break your immersion in the game, or are you fine with it?? Suggestion, anyone?
Nah I am fine with it, hell I prefer it when a game has a relationship %

PepperMint

Genuine question - why do people think it's annoying or it breaks immersion?

I'm fine with the % system so far, not sure if there are other alternatives though. Good luck with your game and hope you two have fun writing it :)
I posted this kind of ask in HG community long ago, but half of those who responded said it's annoying to have percentage, so i was kinda.. stepped back for a while. Also, i remember a few said something like 'It breaks the immersion because they have to check the percentage relationship many times'. My wip game actually just have a few -not overboard or too much, just to make the response from the characters are really based on your choices/actions. Choices-Consequences concept, tbh.

Actually, i almost asked this question there (again), but the official community is.. uh.. can be a little dramatic when one or two users give different insight. So, i tried to ask here and i'm glad everyone is so chill here :D.

Btw, thanks for the encouragement! :)

verdigris

NP! I really like when I can see numerical changes when trying to get certain achievements when the decisions can be a little opaque in terms of affecting relationship stats.

Loa loa

I don't mind the relationship percentage, but personally I prefer text descriptions. For example, text descriptions used in the game "The Bastard of Camelot". "She loves you dearly" or "He's like a father to you". I've also seen a few games where you can choose your preferred relationship statistics format. Examples can be found in the Keeper series from hosted games or in the game "Shepherds of Haven" ( At least in early versions. My last playthrough was a long time ago ). In any case, I hope that this information is useful :)

clownfish

I don't mind the relationship percentage, but personally I prefer text descriptions. For example, text descriptions used in the game "The Bastard of Camelot". "She loves you dearly" or "He's like a father to you". I've also seen a few games where you can choose your preferred relationship statistics format. Examples can be found in the Keeper series from hosted games or in the game "Shepherds of Haven" ( At least in early versions. My last playthrough was a long time ago ). In any case, I hope that this information is useful :)
Yeah I like those too, some games have the option to show either or, and they make me understand better the relationship the npc's have with the mc