What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

"Shadow of the Eagles" 0.5.8 - Paul Wang

The content for marshal mc felt so short ngl
I know Paul Wang is trying to be historically accurate (which I deeply respect), but I think not letting the Marshal MC fight at Friedland was a storytelling blunder.

Like, the story already sees Davout get relegated to working in the War Ministry, the MC preventing the Jaffa Massacre (with good enough skill checks), the Marshal and III Corps winning a far more crushing victory at Auerstadt than IRL (if one plays one's cards right), why could this not have been altered?
 
I know Paul Wang is trying to be historically accurate (which I deeply respect), but I think not letting the Marshal MC fight at Friedland was a storytelling blunder.

Like, the story already sees Davout get relegated to working in the War Ministry, the MC preventing the Jaffa Massacre (with good enough skill checks), the Marshal and III Corps winning a far more crushing victory at Auerstadt than IRL (if one plays one's cards right), why could this not have been altered?
Well, historically III Corps was too far away to arrive in time for Friedland. It would have taken teleportation for the Marshal MC and their Corps to get there, or for Napoleon to assign another Corps to besiege Konigsberg.
 
Well, historically III Corps was too far away to arrive in time for Friedland. It would have taken teleportation for the Marshal MC and their Corps to get there, or for Napoleon to assign another Corps to besiege Konigsberg.
That's what I'm saying - just for the Marshal MC storyline, the author could have some other Corps sent to reinforce IV Corps at Konigsberg.
 
That's what I'm saying - just for the Marshal MC storyline, the author could have some other Corps sent to reinforce IV Corps at Konigsberg.
I feel like he could have made another Marshal get injured and be unable to lead his corp so he could request your Marshal MC to lead the other corp temporarily and you could accept or deny to lead in Friedland
 
I think marshal mc not being in Friedland is fine, we already got our moment of glory at Austerlitz and Auerstedt. Any mc under marshall doesn't really get a lot of content at Jena and anyone under V corps doesn't got Eylau. Imo it's pretty balanced.
 
I think marshal mc not being in Friedland is fine, we already got our moment of glory at Austerlitz and Auerstedt. Any mc under marshall doesn't really get a lot of content at Jena and anyone under V corps doesn't got Eylau. Imo it's pretty balanced.
Fair I get your Point I would have at least wanted personally more small battle at the end of Marshal content of this act instead
 
after Aurstedt there's just not much content for Marshall. you cant change much of Eylau as a marshall, as a General you can save most of the army disaster at Eylau, but all your achievement are taken by your Commander.

at Friedland Marshall again is just there running around doing nothing, while General can take the blame for his men's death when its assured to fail.

basically as a General you get all the blame for failure, while the achievement unmentioned or perhaps taken by the Commander.
 
after Aurstedt there's just not much content for Marshall. you cant change much of Eylau as a marshall, as a General you can save most of the army disaster at Eylau, but all your achievement are taken by your Commander.

at Friedland Marshall again is just there running around doing nothing, while General can take the blame for his men's death when its assured to fail.

basically as a General you get all the blame for failure, while the achievement unmentioned or perhaps taken by the Commander.
If your opinion on Jean De Dieu Soult doesn't match Vandamme by the end of the war then you play General MC wrong.🤣🤣
 
The words hit the Queen of Prussia like a slap in the face. Her blue eyes crystalise with a cold fury.

"Who are you to pass judgement? You who have sent men to their deaths? Who sheds the blood of others for the mortal glory and power of a mere man like your Emperor? We are more alike than you are willing to admit."

"We are nothing alike!" You hiss furiously. "The blood on my hands comes from the enemies of the people, those who would butcher me like an animal for trying to be more than a beast of burden. The blood on your hands comes from the innocent men and women who you have sacrificed on the altar of ambition and greed. I fight to protect the people, you order others to enslave them. I fight to free humanity. You scheme so that more of it can be brought under your lash. I wish only for a world where those like me are not treated like animals. You wish only for a world where we are." You point a single accusing finger towards her as if it were the blade of a dagger, poised to strike home. "That is the difference between me and you. That is the difference between a soldier and tyrant!"

When the Queen of Prussia finally responds, her voice is quiet, and laden with pity. "Then you too suffer from that greatest expression of the sin of pride, of complete conviction in your own rightness. I will pray for you. I will pray that when your reckoning comes as it has come for me, it will give you only a fraction of the sorrow and heartbreak which I now feel."

"Do not look forward so eagerly to my reckoning," you reply venomously. "We possess only one thing in common."

A flash of shock marrs the Queen's features for a split second. "What is that?"

You smile viciously. "We have both engineered the destruction of a Prussian army."
"Good day, Citoyenne Hohenzollern."

BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
 
Back
Top