What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Stories that left you disappointed for a reason

Sant

Degrees of Lewdity- I mean where do I honestly begin? I'll say our character looks like a little kid despite being 18, the graphics during the s e x scenes are soo horrible it's cringe worthy, the whole game is just, I mean there are NO words to describe how terrible that game is. When I read about it, I was like f u c k yes something great. Till you go in then you realize it's terrible. Biggest turn off in history. There was nothing in it that made... Well you guys know. So yea that's my take. Have a great evening and hopefully you guys find something alot better. Truthfully, my condolences if you played this game.
I definitely wasn't expecting to see this game here 💀

Camiiii

For me only Alex and Robin are worth it, nice look btw
Robin is a sweetiee!!! I have a tattoo (the PC, obviously) on the chest with "Robin's protector" written on, while for Alex i dunno, i saw him once at the pub drunk and he offered me drinks one after one, I know there's a pregnancy content for him which I want to try! Anyway, thank uuu<333

ThomasBell

Alas, not many people have posted on it. It seems everybody — including me — is more likely to be drawn towards the rants!
S h i t man I have a handful I'd love to recommend and talk about, everyone already knows them probably lmao but still, just point me in the right direction and let me get started.

Crumbs88

The same thing can be said about such games as Arcadie: Second-Born or Whiskey-Four 🤔 And in my opinion they had an even bigger problem with a lack of agency.

In Whiskey-Four (stupid name, by the way xd) you don't even have a choice of vice. MC was an alcoholic; for some reason, this thing particularly annoyed me...
So far there's one route that MC must follow, has quite set attitude towards their employer, is a cyborg, set skills: they seem to be good only in fighting and shooting, ex romantic partner who they are afraid of... A lot of set things compared to FH. That's why they feels to me more like a character from a traditional novel. However it was still great WIP to read. I enjoyed it more than the first game of that author (I, the Forgotten).

In FH you are forced to be a criminal, yes, you are telepath and you have a set past but there are a lot of choices that matter and paths. It's more visible in Retribution, tho.
(Sorry for the late reply, I only pop in here once a month or so.)

Your point is valid, but the weird thing is: I absolutely love Whiskey-Four. It's one of my absolute faves. I think the reason I can forgive the similar flaws you point out is that it's so fast-paced and snappy. It doesn't give me time to question my character agency or whether I actually want to be this character, it just sweeps you up into the plot and there's no time to think, only to act and react. Can't wait for it to be released.

That said, I'll try to give Fallen Hero another go when I have the time. So many people love it, I must have missed something or not been in the right mood for it. (And I like Fallen Hero's author too, they seem great. I really do want to like it.)

Seal

This is the most toxic, mean, selfish bastard I ever saw in IF game and yet the author favors them (also make MC the biggest loser in the story), and people are delighted with that f#@&!* Sometimes I don't understand the community...
the only reason I like seven is that I can keep them as ex, for the drama. But actively romancing them??? yeah no.

Seven kinda remind me of that opportunist RO from the cog game where the mc is professor in magical school like hogwarts. I don't remember the name of the game nor the ro name, but good lord i despise them.
They constantly belittle mc and cutting them, even though we play as the most polite bastard ever.