What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

The Malware Warnings

SelkieE

The google playstore detected several mods as tracking you such as a crown of sorcery and steel mod. And when i used avg i found eleven mods popped up as malware. I've seen one modder say that malware and edited code in mods resembles each other. If the Admin here trusts these mods to be safe they should pin up a notice explaining that it's a false positive.

Xamaro

The google playstore detected several mods as tracking you such as a crown of sorcery and steel mod. And when i used avg i found eleven mods popped up as malware. I've seen one modder say that malware and edited code in mods resembles each other. If the Admin here trusts these mods to be safe they should pin up a notice explaining that it's a false positive.
They already explained that several times, but I guess making a notice wouldn't hurt

SelkieE

They already explained that several times, but I guess making a notice wouldn't hurt
Like i just tried Fernweh and arthur and balance lf superpowers and arthur and balance were sus. But fernweh was called full on malware by avg. So it's weird tbh you'd think theyd all have the same warning. So if the admins are confident it'd help to share that confidence.

Rhys

Like i just tried Fernweh and arthur and balance lf superpowers and arthur and balance were sus. But fernweh was called full on malware by avg. So it's weird tbh you'd think theyd all have the same warning. So if the admins are confident it'd help to share that confidence.

I noticed that the app version I downloaded on the direct link download and the redirected one aren't the same. One of them distinctly looked fishy, even missing an app icon which generally translates to unknown app/malware from my experience

DanFabulich

Sheriff of ChoiceofMods
Staff member
Co-Admin
VIP
Vergil's Brother
I noticed that the app version I downloaded on the direct link download and the redirected one aren't the same. One of them distinctly looked fishy, even missing an app icon which generally translates to unknown app/malware from my experience
downloading from uploadrar sometimes leads to downloading virus, now either you make sure you don't get redirect to suspicious site and close the tab if you get redirect or you can spam our @DeiArcana to stop using uploadrar and use direct upload.

SelkieE

downloading from uploadrar sometimes leads to downloading virus, now either you make sure you don't get redirect to suspicious site and close the tab if you get redirect or you can spam our @DeiArcana to stop using uploadrar and use direct upload.
So if you get a malware warning from direct download that means it's a false positive?

Cora

So if you get a malware warning from direct download that means it's a false positive?
If you're not sure whether you downloaded a malware or real apk. I'd suggest you to upload it to VirusTotal .com instead. If it shows 1-2 as a potential malware, chances are it is actually just a false positive.