What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Thoughts on kingdoms and empires?

Johnkittz

What do you think of the WIP Kingdom and empires?

I personally enjoy it alot. The beginning has a huge lore dump which might turn most people off. There's also huge spaces of no choices just reading but it helps paint the picture plus a lot of this happens during infant stage so that can be forgiven. I just wanted to see what people here thought of the isekai WIP.

Rit

I personally enjoy it alot. The beginning has a huge lore dump which might turn most people off. There's also huge spaces of no choices just reading but it helps paint the picture plus a lot of this happens during infant stage so that can be forgiven. I just wanted to see what people here thought of the isekai WIP.
I liked it too because I like everything about Isekai, and as you said, the heavy lore was a turn-off in the beginning as I had a hard time playing the game, but after that, it was cool. I am so excited for the period when the MC can be a young adult. - adult

Frozen Death

You might enjoy it but the author is a troll and so slow... WW3 could happen any moment and the story is nowhere near done.

Vennon22

At first, I wasn't feeling it because it didn't seem to have too many choices, but it got much better later.

Ebba02

At least on the rare occassion an update does release, the quality is really high.

It's one of my most highly anticipated wips, though it will take quite a few years to finish the trilogy the author is envisioning.

I think he just needs a solid skeleton of the writing and dialogue, then try to stick to it and flesh it out after as best he can. From what I've seen of his posts he does have a plan, it's just he tangles himself up in rewrites and side content. The flavour is nice, but many readers won't even notice it.

Imo having something tangible to digest like some progression of the main plot would at least pacify many of the people waiting for an update.

From what I've seen even the fans that are quite invested in the lore are starting to feel a little frustrated.

hilise

He is known around the community as the "slowest writer" in COG/HG. Lmfao at least he hasn't abandoned it....yet.
AS far as I know the "no-update" period we've had is due to him finishing the rewrites for a new version of the demo (only the demo is up on moody.ink i think) and completing the world building needed. And lol, if he is known as a slow writer, people really mustn't have experienced what the waiting time for a new chapter release is like in the Magium community😂

Nightforze

The story is great so far
And our granpa is basically Darth Vader so yeah we get so many great "bonding time" with him
But I'll wait for the author to update or finish it

Waiting... still waiting... and you know it

Johnkittz

The story is great so far
And our granpa is basically Darth Vader so yeah we get so many great "bonding time" with him
But I'll wait for the author to update or finish it

Waiting... still waiting... and you know it
Yeah I've been waiting for awhile. He said he wanted to drop the huge info dump from the goddess from the beginning and space it out through the childhood segment with dreams and flashbacks. To make it less piled on. If that's true then it's gonna take even longer because that info dump is HEALTHY.