What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Upcoming game info(links,screenshots, anything) dw about clogging the thread. Discuss games at ur leisure

delicialolac

I believe she is "testing the water" with this. If a lot of people buy it and she thinks the profit is comparable to Patreon's, she will probably release more paid DLC on itch.io instead of working on the main story (stories in her case, I guess)

But yeah her notoriety for wanting quick $$$ keeps getting worse.

Imagine having to resort to this tactic instead of polishing your writing and actually creating a story worthy enough of 500+ ratings. I didn't think my respect for her could go lower but look at this.
This shocked me. This is really low.

kb1234

I believe she is "testing the water" with this. If a lot of people buy it and she thinks the profit is comparable to Patreon's, she will probably release more paid DLC on itch.io instead of working on the main story (stories in her case, I guess)

But yeah her notoriety for wanting quick $$$ keeps getting worse.

Imagine having to resort to this tactic instead of polishing your writing and actually creating a story worthy enough of 500+ ratings. I didn't think my respect for her could go lower but look at this.
Not to be that person (i am🤪) but I'm ngl when I see authors have multiple ifs; not 1 or 2 but like 5 on top of the fact that they update sooooo far in between/take sooooo long but constantly on the side seemingly focusing more on "side stories", "patreon exclusives", or "chapter rewrites". I lose hope. That ish is not about to get updated until 2 years later.💀😂

On top of this i like to "collect" the ifs I have read and sometimes looking into some of these authors patreons I feel like there's always that odd one out thats "scamming" but it's kinda "clever" so people can't tell. Just think about it, "rewrites" feels like an infinite money glitch because you're paying for to the author to rehash something you already read. Which don't get me wrong, there are some authors that when they say "rewrite" they "REWRITE" (ex. Blood Legacies is a pretty good redid demo) but I feel like it's less of those and more of the opposite. Which is why I feel like it's more of "rehashing" than actually "rewriting." Plus a waste of time and money.(not of your a scammer though)🫢🤷🏾‍♀️

Hell, with the number of "side stories," some of these authors write that's a chapter or 2 worth of content right there.😒😂

But frl:

How many times can you be placated by a side story when you were supposed to get a chapter or 2?

How many times is that "one excuse" being overused?

How many times will that author dodge questions about story updates, but will gladly update you on their patreon prices? 😉

Not pocket watching, but for the people who contribute to patreons, just watch⬆️ certain things and be picky.

I think I did too much with this, but eh✌🏾.

Santana

Not to be that person (i am🤪) but I'm ngl when I see authors have multiple ifs; not 1 or 2 but like 5 on top of the fact that they update sooooo far in between/take sooooo long but constantly on the side seemingly focusing more on "side stories", "patreon exclusives", or "chapter rewrites". I lose hope. That ish is not about to get updated until 2 years later.💀😂

On top of this i like to "collect" the ifs I have read and sometimes looking into some of these authors patreons I feel like there's always that odd one out thats "scamming" but it's kinda "clever" so people can't tell. Just think about it, "rewrites" feels like an infinite money glitch because you're paying for to the author to rehash something you already read. Which don't get me wrong, there are some authors that when they say "rewrite" they "REWRITE" (ex. Blood Legacies is a pretty good redid demo) but I feel like it's less of those and more of the opposite. Which is why I feel like it's more of "rehashing" than actually "rewriting." Plus a waste of time and money.(not of your a scammer though)🫢🤷🏾‍♀️

Hell, with the number of "side stories," some of these authors write that's a chapter or 2 worth of content right there.😒😂

But frl:

How many times can you be placated by a side story when you were supposed to get a chapter or 2?

How many times will that author dodge questions about story updates, but will gladly update you on their patreon prices? 😉

Not pocket watching, but for the people who contribute to patreons, just watch⬆️ certain things and be picky.

The worst thing about all this is even besides all that, I still get captivated by a story and have to fight the urge to give them money to satiate my curiosity. I hate loving WIPs.

delicialolac

But frl:

Dw about it. You can express yourself as much as you want on our thread.

delicialolac

Lmao, are they talking about the Patreon update? The one that is basically 500 words?? Final part of Episode 3? Y'all gonna have to wait a lot longer than 1 year for any kind of substantial update.
I agree with Hackett.Terra of 13leaguesstories is way ahead even working on more wips than them,and with time to answer asks too. Thats hella organized.