What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Guide on how to mod the stats on Wips

Itachi the Kinslayer

Respected Knight
VIP
Approved Releaser
For PC users:
1.Press Ctrl+Shift+I while you are not in stats page
2.Open console and than type stats.statname=80 in console field (not in filter one!)
1.png
3.Once you have typed what you wanted press enter, make sure that this little **** is blinking before you press it...to activate it you simply need to click next to in this case number 80

2.png

And thats it

Additional info: Sometimes for whatever reason authors will use different name for stat in code than in actual game to see how the stat is actually called you will type "scene" (without "") in wip web adress like this 3.png

Than you will open startup.txt file, scroll a bit and you will eventually find it (in most cases its in the beginning)
4.png

There are games like "I, the Forgotten One" and "Fallen Hero" whose certain stats are much trickier to mod like for example if you want to add another two specialization from The Forgotten one you will need to type these stats.has_specialization_leadership=true stats.has_specialization_tactics=true stats.has_specialization_weapons=true and ofc you are not going to mod the specialization which you have chosen in the game while to mod army training skills stats.skill_regimentation=1 stats.skill_EnhancedCommunications=1 stats.skill_FormationFighting=1, then later on in the game when you get to choose again what you want to train just add 2 at the end of line instead of 1...dont mod either of this until you get to choose which one you want in actual gameplay
To find what you actually need to write i suggest doing the same thing as i already demonstrated above with few additional steps
1. Once you reach the page where you get to choose between lets say specializations you will copy the text above (i suggest copying at least a half sentence to find what you want in text files faster)
2. open chapters from scene section one by one if you dont know which one you are currently playing and then press Ctrl+F
3. in upper right corner small window will pop up, paste the text in it and if you are in right chapter you will most likely get to your destination immediately if not press little arrows until you reach what you need
5.png

Last edited:

Sant

So for those who are on mobile, this is a simple guide to summarize on how to change stats

1. Install Kiwi Browser

2. Open the app, and then copy or search the choicescript link.

3. After that, go to the browser menu and click on 'open devtools', then it'll open a new page linking to the wip you desired.

4. To change the stats, go to the 'console' tab, and write 'stat.', then put the name of variable and the valor you wish to have it. ex: stat.strength=90

5. Some writers put different names for their stats so it could be tricky sometimes to find it. I recommend to open a new page with the 'show stats' page opened to guide yourself.

6. To make sure you are changing the right stat, when you're writing the command 'stat.(nameofthestat)', it'll appear a greyed number below the command line, which might be the exact valor of the stat, so you should check the 'show stats' tab.

7. After changing the desired stats, go to the wip, click on the next page and check on 'show stats' to see if it changed.

Hope it helped, any doubts about it you can tell me.

Kay

For Android users:
1. download Kiwi browser from Play Store
2. enter wip address in search engine
3. press the following
View attachment 15

View attachment 16
View attachment 17

For everything else you need the process is the same as for PC users...
Sorry to ask, did you know how to mod stats on chooseyourstory.com ? , has been trying for few days can't really understand how to do it, if anyone's help can help it's also helpful 🙏

Cloudy

Can anyone please post a visual guide on how to mod stats on twine using the phone🙏 it would really help a lot. thanks✌️

Zoath122

Para usuários do Android:
1. Baixe o navegador Kiwi da Play Store
2. digite o endereço wip no mecanismo de pesquisa
3. pressione o seguinte
View attachment 15

View attachment 16
View attachment 17

Para tudo o mais que você precisa, o processo é o mesmo que para usuários de PC...

Vou adicionar algo, não verifique as estatísticas instantaneamente após alterá-las. Verifique-os depois de ir para a próxima págin

For Android users:
1. download Kiwi browser from Play Store
2. enter wip address in search engine
3. press the following
View attachment 15

View attachment 16
View attachment 17

For everything else you need the process is the same as for PC users...
I make the changes, but then what? Do I just exit the tab that the modifications will be working?

i need It

Does anyone know what the stats of "The Chosen One" are like? they are mental, social and physical but I don't know how they appear in console

GrumpyTheFrog

I want to ask. How do you make it so that the stat that is modded doesn't get revert back.
when you change the stats, don't go to the stats page, click next so the changes apply
if you look into the stats page from the game your modification won't apply it'll revert back