What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

How to Mod CoG & HG

givemecarrot

Not sure if this would be the right sub-forum but this is for anyone who would like to mod their game(of course it's preferable to simply buy and support the writers if able to).
The main modders are DeiArcana(who is taking a break for now) and DanFabulich, I didn't see anyone else so sorry if i didn't mention them. Most CoG & HG are mostly modded thanks to both of those modders and others but since there will still be more choice of stories coming out, this is just a video guide in Android for anyone interested(and if by the end they possibly wanted to share) :

Note: This method is only for editing the stats or other variables in the game, not sure if you could know how to do a mod menu with this.
You don't need root, but you'd have to have TotalCommander, Lucky patcher and the APK of the CoG or HG you want.
https://www.luckypatchers.com/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander

Written Instructions:

1. No need to use Virtualxposed for it, it's your choice.

2. Simply open total commander and browse to the apk file you want to hack.

3. Open it as a zip file and extract all its content to where ever you like.

4. Go to the extracted folder and browse to asset folder to my game and then scenes.. You will find a file named startup and startup.jsoc file. You have to edit these files to get the desired values. It varies from game to game thus you have to figure out which values you want to change. Also keep in mind that values you change in startup files should be same as the values you change in jsoc file.

5. When it's done, select all the files in extracted folder and zip it again. Though make sure to rename and adding extensions of.Apk

6. Now open lucky patcher, and select rebuild and install option in lower right corner. Select it and browse to the place you created the new modified apk. And select rebuild and then without license verification from option. When it finished. Simply install that apk file and that's it.

The instructions and the tutorial video are thanks to the YouTuber AKKI. Others may have seen the video before but this is for those who haven't seen it or are simply interested in doing the mod. Hope this can be helpful to anyone!

ToutiFruit

I used to mod them with apkeditor when it was still possible and I've been asking for the 'new' method for a while now but nobody wants to tell 😒 I'm gonna try this, thank you 👍

Elbas

I used to mod them with apkeditor when it was still possible and I've been asking for the 'new' method for a while now but nobody wants to tell 😒 I'm gonna try this, thank you 👍
the new method is not editing the startup, since its only affect the initial stat.
edit the choicescript_stats instead.
for the code, u would need to learn some choicescript (which can easily googled).

Ervin Ward

Hi, can I ask how to do it? Because my device currently installs game mods on android 12 from techloky website and a few other websites. But I can't do the steps you mentioned. Can you just help me. Thank You!

ToutiFruit

the new method is not editing the startup, since its only affect the initial stat.
edit the choicescript_stats instead.
for the code, u would need to learn some choicescript (which can easily googled).
Thanks 👍 I never edited the startup anyway I was modding either the choicescript stats or directly the first choices in the story to give more points, I'm already familiar with the choicescript code I'll try the OP method when I have the time, hope it works 🙄

salvare000

I think lucky patcher is not capable do that again ..... Cause i already try it except N7 patch the rest ( N1- N6) is failed, dunno about you guys If there's way can you please tell me? I want to try mod game too

DeiArcana

Outlaw of ChoiceOfMods
Approved Releaser
Do you actually want my secret? I don't believe it would be applicable considering I am using a computer, though. Modding on a phone is. A choice I do not want to make.