What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

I like this site, but I'm afraid...

Lord Blackwell

Hey, I'm new to this site, Like just signed up today, but this is the go to site for Choice of games (CoG) LLC modded games. But I'm afraid of the future of this site. Iirc Wend games (I forgot which site) was nearly taken out because of modding and distributing paid content (the games from CoG especially). And as I can see it this site is small right now and they can easily bring this site down if not the site then your source of donations at least.

I suggest making mod menu or mods to other games as well. I get is the site itself is called Choice of mods, but this will solve two things. 1st CoG games are niche af and this site is less likely to blow up, modded CoG games are even nicher, modding other games may introduce new users to the forum. Remember that an account is needed to access the content, this will scare a lot of users who just wanted a mod apk. Expanding your operations might introduce new users. And seeing a respectable number of modded apks they might join because of that. And help in revenue from ads for funding the site.

2nd CoG LLC might not see you as a threat to their income since their games here just have a small interactions/download and may be too troublesome and not worth it to take down. And as a bonus if they still try to take you down, you still have other users for other games you have modded.

In summary: Expanding your operations/modded games MIGHT introduce new users to the site, help hiding CoG LLC games and help fund the site. And even if this site will be threatened operations may still continue, since CoG LLC had a history of trying to take down sites.

But that's just me. Maybe you focused on modding CoG games because you have more knowledge with the engine. Or attached to CoG (like me but hate the mechanics of CoG games) If so then I understand.

Good luck though and best wishes.
-Lord Blackwell

Parallax

now that y'all mention it, cog does have a weird obsession with anything lgbtq, i remember i got banned for like a month on reddit because i said i didn't like that we only find out dr mortum (in fallen hero) is a trans woman in the second game, after we've chosen her path. dumbasses.
They are also obsessed with "protecting" authors' feelings on the forum. You cannot express an opinion that would not be with flattery and/or in that humble, full of respect style I often notice, because the mods immediately starts censorship.

Duh. Creating a game does not make you saint or something, and readers aren't worshipers.

Guy

They are also obsessed with "protecting" authors' feelings on the forum. You cannot express an opinion that would not be with flattery and/or in that humble, full of respect style I often notice, because the mods immediately starts censorship.

Duh. Creating a game does not make you saint or something, and readers aren't worshipers.
You bring up an interesting point. They tend to paint themselves as the arbiters of taste and virtue. The most stark examples of this was seen in the game Path to Knighthood. The first time I downloaded it, I was hit by a disclaimer from the publisher stating that the game was deeply misogynistic and other such things. They didn't even phrase it as the game exploring such themes. They went straight to attacking the author's intentions. That game sucks pretty hard and has plagiarism issues (it steals from The Great Tournament very blatantly among others), but it's set in a fantasy world. It isn't any sort of bigoted, as the author is simply presenting the theme, not making a non-fiction endorsement. I called them out on it and they said they stuck by it and needed to put it there to reaffirm that they'll publish things on the HG label that they don't agree with. I think others must have given them strong opinions surrounding blasting their authors too since they appear to have removed it. So as far as author feeling go, they only fully protect those who they agree with on sociopolitical issues. If one of my publishers pulled that, I'd demand it be retracted with compensation, or else, sue the hell out of them for libel, and I'm not even the litigious sort. If they had a problem, they would tell me before it went out.

Justine

This is why alot of people feel COG treats authors unfairly, I mean the community comes from various background, taste, and beliefs so playing the game they like expressing distate for those they don't naturally happen and it also make sense that mods would censor the negative comments for a game as it would affect sales, until that point I agree with. But when it comes to how they deal woth authors who don't conform with their values they just very obviously throw caution to the wind and try to make the work seem unsatisfactory and in bad taste that truthfully some of the games be rather short or lack choices but COG as a host shouldn't throw shade on contents they don't like. I mean our main character having options and all is well and maybe we can't control how a certain character suddenly becomes cuz thats the authors plans for them but doesn't mean they should censor it all out just to get their desired results.

Vamp-kun

This is why alot of people feel COG treats authors unfairly, I mean the community comes from various background, taste, and beliefs so playing the game they like expressing distate for those they don't naturally happen and it also make sense that mods would censor the negative comments for a game as it would affect sales, until that point I agree with. But when it comes to how they deal woth authors who don't conform with their values they just very obviously throw caution to the wind and try to make the work seem unsatisfactory and in bad taste that truthfully some of the games be rather short or lack choices but COG as a host shouldn't throw shade on contents they don't like. I mean our main character having options and all is well and maybe we can't control how a certain character suddenly becomes cuz thats the authors plans for them but doesn't mean they should censor it all out just to get their desired results.
Listen, I myself am coming from an extremely secular society — secular is a distasteful word, perhaps honoring to traditions is best, but everything seems fine to me.
Because my folk don't mind others, but hate being told to change. Nerds and NEET's, for example, are seen as a problem by the progressives and the secularists, and no ideology changes anybody's opinion on being a nerd.

However, nobody says anything when a nerdy creator makes something dissing on religions or our army.

In COG's case, as a company they have issues with displaying the more traditional westerner values, but in my part of the pond, we barely accepted even those — because they're all heathen Catholics, but anyway.

In my opinion, it's not inclusive to shadowban others...

lena990

game Path to Knighthood. The first time I downloaded it, I was hit by a disclaimer from the publisher stating that the game was deeply misogynistic and other such things
It was hilarious to me because nothing in this book was deeply misogynistic 😭
The only thing that you could label as such and it's streach already, was a one sentence that women couldn't be knights or something like that.
There was zero difference how female/male player was treated according to reviews

Hito

Moderator's being hypocritical and abusing their power? How surprising.

From what I have seen and read the moderator are a bit sensitive to any form of criticism be it critical or asinine. But I have come to expect that from almost every LGBTQ centric community.

jose012

now that y'all mention it, cog does have a weird obsession with anything lgbtq, i remember i got banned for like a month on reddit because i said i didn't like that we only find out dr mortum (in fallen hero) is a trans woman in the second game, after we've chosen her path. dumbasses.
I absolutely hate this gender thing, i find it very confusing.

There can be only two genders because that's how we were biologically designed, so unless you are an alien which for whatever reason has no genitals or anything we can relate to in terms of reproduction, then fine.

I find it very depressing how people do whatever they can, including "transitioning" to a "man" or "woman" to escape their own reality and find something for themselves.

You will be immediately banned for saying anything like this and they do not value freedom of speech, they are oppressive to anything going against woke stuff.

Last edited:

jose012

Moderator's being hypocritical and abusing their power? How surprising.

From what I have seen and read the moderator are a bit sensitive to any form of criticism be it critical or asinine. But I have come to expect that from almost every LGBTQ centric community.
I also got banned for 1 year for complaining about this for them doing it so constantly and how they do not give us an option to disable this in books we read,

As well as another year ban when complaining about an author abandoning book we were financially supporting without saying anything.

jose012

It was hilarious to me because nothing in this book was deeply misogynistic 😭
The only thing that you could label as such and it's streach already, was a one sentence that women couldn't be knights or something like that.
There was zero difference how female/male player was treated according to reviews
I think people just don't understand misogyny simply means hating another gender and thus not allowing them opportunities.

I find nothing misogynistic about not letting a woman go to war, for me they are the gentle gender which needs to be protected, amongst obvious biological differences.

And besides, war is distracting enough, don't need a pair of tids to add to it😂

CoG community is too sensitive, just like their admins and moderators, you will find all kinds of mentally ill.