What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

I like this site, but I'm afraid...

Lord Blackwell

Hey, I'm new to this site, Like just signed up today, but this is the go to site for Choice of games (CoG) LLC modded games. But I'm afraid of the future of this site. Iirc Wend games (I forgot which site) was nearly taken out because of modding and distributing paid content (the games from CoG especially). And as I can see it this site is small right now and they can easily bring this site down if not the site then your source of donations at least.

I suggest making mod menu or mods to other games as well. I get is the site itself is called Choice of mods, but this will solve two things. 1st CoG games are niche af and this site is less likely to blow up, modded CoG games are even nicher, modding other games may introduce new users to the forum. Remember that an account is needed to access the content, this will scare a lot of users who just wanted a mod apk. Expanding your operations might introduce new users. And seeing a respectable number of modded apks they might join because of that. And help in revenue from ads for funding the site.

2nd CoG LLC might not see you as a threat to their income since their games here just have a small interactions/download and may be too troublesome and not worth it to take down. And as a bonus if they still try to take you down, you still have other users for other games you have modded.

In summary: Expanding your operations/modded games MIGHT introduce new users to the site, help hiding CoG LLC games and help fund the site. And even if this site will be threatened operations may still continue, since CoG LLC had a history of trying to take down sites.

But that's just me. Maybe you focused on modding CoG games because you have more knowledge with the engine. Or attached to CoG (like me but hate the mechanics of CoG games) If so then I understand.

Good luck though and best wishes.
-Lord Blackwell

Ryu

Hey, I'm new to this site, Like just signed up today, but this is the go to site for Choice of games (CoG) LLC modded games. But I'm afraid of the future of this site. Iirc Wend games (I forgot which site) was nearly taken out because of modding and distributing paid content (the games from CoG especially). And as I can see it this site is small right now and they can easily bring this site down if not the site then your source of donations at least.

I suggest making mod menu or mods to other games as well. I get is the site itself is called Choice of mods, but this will solve two things. 1st CoG games are niche af and this site is less likely to blow up, modded CoG games are even nicher, modding other games may introduce new users to the forum. Remember that an account is needed to access the content, this will scare a lot of users who just wanted a mod apk. Expanding your operations might introduce new users. And seeing a respectable number of modded apks they might join because of that. And help in revenue from ads for funding the site.

2nd CoG LLC might not see you as a threat to their income since their games here just have a small interactions/download and may be too troublesome and not worth it to take down. And as a bonus if they still try to take you down, you still have other users for other games you have modded.

In summary: Expanding your operations/modded games MIGHT introduce new users to the site, help hiding CoG LLC games and help fund the site. And even if this site will be threatened operations may still continue, since CoG LLC had a history of trying to take down sites.

But that's just me. Maybe you focused on modding CoG games because you have more knowledge with the engine. Or attached to CoG (like me but hate the mechanics of CoG games) If so then I understand.

Good luck though and best wishes.
-Lord Blackwell
Well if it gets enough support and fan base then nothing is gonna affect the website

DanFabulich

Sheriff of ChoiceofMods
Staff member
Co-Admin
VIP
Vergil's Brother
yea like i just saw this post today, hope the site isnt gonna be swarmed by authors. @DanFabulich just so ur aware of this.
I feel hurt after seeing authors think of us that way, one of the reason this site was created was to fight against tyrant like CoG which takes most of the author's hardworking money, what we do is just provide those contents who can't afford it.

Many people here are from 3rd world country and can't afford to read their work so they have no other choice but to use piracy as their resource, still we always ask users to donate the author if they like their work and they can.

I hope someday these authors will be able to see our way.

Obamas

Love this site I first used wend games to get modded cog games fro! Sbenny since I couldn't afford to buy sbenny coins or some sht if this site gets taken down idk what ill do love the mod menus who ever thought of it is a certified genius Best wishes
Obamama

DanFabulich

Sheriff of ChoiceofMods
Staff member
Co-Admin
VIP
Vergil's Brother
Love this site I first used wend games to get modded cog games fro! Sbenny since I couldn't afford to buy sbenny coins or some sht if this site gets taken down idk what ill do love the mod menus who ever thought of it is a certified genius Best wishes
Obamama
Kasami was the first to think of making mod menu

Daniel

Motivated Oppa
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Well thanks for telling me about this thread. So I did try to comment on the Author's Tumblr post that users have the choice to request removal of their content by contacting me via PM or discord or the contact form because I am unable to check each and every single post made on the forum but it seems that they deleted my comment. I don't know why exactly but maybe they don't want others to see it? Not sure what was their reasoning behind it but alright.

Now as you all may know the reason behind CoM is to help out our users who cannot afford the prices because of many reasons...Others may have different views like the author and I am not against that. It's just that we have OUR own different views like @DanFabulich mentioned in the previous post.

I also believe that users do pay for the content they enjoy when they can because I personally try to donate to games when possible and I have been in the industry for a couple of years now. I have seen a couple of developers and creators who support the notion as it helps their popularity and helps them to reach a wider audience.

Now I would like you all to enjoy reading and for the authors, They can just message me to remove their content along with some proof that they are the creator rather than removing my comments. :)

JustLurking

I feel hurt after seeing authors think of us that way, one of the reason this site was created was to fight against tyrant like CoG which takes most of the author's hardworking money, what we do is just provide those contents who can't afford it.

Many people here are from 3rd world country and can't afford to read their work so they have no other choice but to use piracy as their resource, still we always ask users to donate the author if they like their work and they can.

I hope someday these authors will be able to see our way.
Your logic is flawed in the sense that Patreon and COG are not affiliated with each other. As I said in the Leaked WIP thread, where my post was deleted by the moderators, leaking Patreon content which is locked behind different tiers is hurting the authors more than COG ever will . Just because you are from a 3rd world country doesn't mean you need to read the latest version of your favourite WIP or you will die due to content starvation.

revanE

Your logic is flawed in the sense that Patreon and COG are not affiliated with each other. As I said in the Leaked WIP thread, where my post was deleted by the moderators, leaking Patreon content which is locked behind different tiers is hurting the authors more than COG ever will . Just because you are from a 3rd world country doesn't mean you need to read the latest version of your favourite WIP or you will die due to content starvation.
Well, by your logic no author will die from their content leaking, sooo... If the fact that someone enjoy their content without paying them money discourage them so much that they stop writing or throw a tantrum, then whose problem is that?

JustLurking

Well, by your logic no author will die from their content leaking, sooo... If the fact that someone enjoy their content without paying them money discourage them so much that they stop writing or throw a tantrum, then whose problem is that?
So you think every user here is entitled to have free stuff because **** the author? I thought this site was created to go against COG, but turns out it is just to pander to people who want to pretend they are moral, going against corporations like COG, but actually want to just get the free stuff

Kiklerdrill

So you think every user here is entitled to have free stuff because **** the author? I thought this site was created to go against COG, but turns out it is just to pander to people who want to pretend they are moral, going against corporations like COG, but actually want to just get the free stuff
Yeah, like getting demo links or completed games is kinda okay (call me a hypocrite if u want) as basically most of us here want the main games, but leaking patreon content (like side stories & stuff), that's evil bro.

revanE

You do realise that people here not one blob of thoughts? Like someone here is for go against COG, someone here is for free stuff though it's not really "free stuff" because someone is still pay for this content then just share it.

Arimonti

You do realise that people here not one blob of thoughts? Like someone here is for go against COG, someone here is for free stuff though it's not really "free stuff" because someone is still pay for this content then just share it.
Bro it absolutely is “free stuff”, because ONE person pays and shares it with dozens others when it’s not their place to share, it’s like paying for one all-you-can-eat fee and putting pounds of food in hidden containers to take home to share with your family, you’d be stealing from the owner. It’s the same, you guys are stealing from the authors.

JustLurking

Yeah, like getting demo links or completed games is kinda okay (call me a hypocrite if u want) as basically most of us here want the main games, but leaking patreon content (like side stories & stuff), that's evil bro.
Yesss! Someone gets it. Like leak the completed games as you want since authors get a small cut anyways but leaking their own Patreon content is going too far, at that point you can't argue it's because you are from a poor country, you might as well don't play it them instead of, you know stealing from them. Wait for the full game to release in that case, they are available day 1 thanks to the modders anyways

Arimonti

Well thanks for telling me about this thread. So I did try to comment on the Author's Tumblr post that users have the choice to request removal of their content by contacting me via PM or discord or the contact form because I am unable to check each and every single post made on the forum but it seems that they deleted my comment. I don't know why exactly but maybe they don't want others to see it? Not sure what was their reasoning behind it but alright.

Now as you all may know the reason behind CoM is to help out our users who cannot afford the prices because of many reasons...Others may have different views like the author and I am not against that. It's just that we have OUR own different views like @DanFabulich mentioned in the previous post.

I also believe that users do pay for the content they enjoy when they can because I personally try to donate to games when possible and I have been in the industry for a couple of years now. I have seen a couple of developers and creators who support the notion as it helps their popularity and helps them to reach a wider audience.

Now I would like you all to enjoy reading and for the authors, They can just message me to remove their content along with some proof that they are the creator rather than removing my comments. :)
The entitlement here is absolutely crazy. It’s not y’alls RIGHT to access author’s paid content. It doesn’t matter what country you are from, it’s not like you’re stealing stuff to eat or to survive, this is all stuff YOU CAN GO WITHOUT.

Saying that authors can message to get their stuff removed is absolutely ridiculous because you guys do this UNDER WRAPS, and it’s completely dumb to think any author wouldn’t want to have their stuff removed from here, because if they wanted to have their stuff shared for free they would have shared it on their own *in the first place*.

And y’alls response when confronted about this is absolutely disgusting. These authors work hard to provide content (and there is PLENTY of free content), content that you guys clearly love and enjoy, and you don’t even have the decency to respect the creators of the things you like.

JustLurking

and you don’t even have the decency to respect the creators of the things you like.
Ya! How many users here even go to Tumblr or forum to give their feedback or rate the game on play store, steam, etc. If you guys don't even contribute anything useful to the author after playing their game for free you guys are absolutely stealing. Some authors like FatedFlame know there content is being steamed yet they REQUEST you to give them feedback at least. Boggles my mind that some of you have the gall to go to author's personal Tumblr and COMPLAIN that they requested their game to be removed from here

revanE

Bro it absolutely is “free stuff”, because ONE person pays and shares it with dozens others when it’s not their place to share, it’s like paying for one all-you-can-eat fee and putting pounds of food in hidden containers to take home to share with your family, you’d be stealing from the owner. It’s the same, you guys are stealing from the authors.
How can you even compare this two things, brah. Author literally lose NOTHING. They still have their content, they still have people that want to support them on patreon, they STILL can sell their full game.

Arimonti

How can you even compare this two things, brah. Author literally lose NOTHING. They still have their content, they still have people that want to support them on patreon, they STILL can sell their full game.
The author loses MULTIPLE sales/patrons, bro, because people can literally look it up here and get it for free. These authors are trying to earn a living from their craft and you are sharing their hard work for free with multiple people. You share their stuff for free = there is less people to pay for it. Are you lacking a moral compass???

Arimonti

Don’t worry though, I’m helping make sure your piracy won’t be done under wraps anymore and all the authors have the opportunity to come tell you to take their stuff down. Let’s see how many indie authors agree with you guys’ views on this, and whether the mods honor the “authors can ask for the removal of their content” policy, because I just went through that entire thread, screenshotting everything, and I’ve contacted all the authors whose content has been shared/asked for over there 😊

Oh, and I’ve also contacted CoG about the use of Dan Fabulich’s name in this forum.

Y’all have a nice weekend.