What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Need Explanation

NotAgainPlease...

Dear(or not) Dan and Dei and Dan, I check some discussions in thread and see something that made me feel off , if I'm not wrong , I remember u guys saying something about removing links if games writers request , and about u guys are knights in shining armor fighting against evil corporation that sucking writers blood or something in that lines ,But seem U GUYS DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT U GUYS SAID EARLIER , U 2 ACT LIKES U DIDN'T SEE REQUEST TO REMOVE MIND BLIND PATRON LINK FROM WRITER HIM)HER SELF , JUST GIVING EXCUSE BLAH BLAH
I THINK IT'S BIT TOO MUCH TO HIT PATRON LINKS , AUTHORS ARE SUCK BY EVIL COG AND PATRON IS WAY TO GET MORE MONEY FOR THEM U GUYS ARE CUTTING IT , AND ABOUT POPULARITY AND “THEY WILL DONATE U IF U LET US GIVE UR PATRON LINK FREE " LINE , MAYBE FEW WILL , BUT MAJORITY WON'T THEY ARE GETTING IT FREE AND I DOUBT THEY WILL CARE ABOUT SUPPORTING AUTHORS , AND IF I'M NOT WRONG EVEN GUESTS CAN READ THREADS AND TAKE PATRON LINKS RIGHT? AND DON'T GIVE EXCUSE LIKES “WE ARE FIGHTING EVIL COG BUT WE DON'T REPRESENT WHOLE COMMUNITY SOME IN COMMUNITY WANT ALL FREEEEEEEE" u guys are admins if u guys are KISA ( knights in shining armor ) just hit patron links and make rules!!! I feel this community is in kinda chaos “NO RULES" but admins will hit anyone they don't like , feel crazy ok, and maybe there's some MISSPELLING , but whati mean is clear enough ,and don't take down my post too, will u guys do it??? And don't try ur Kim impossible tactics too , I'm not I'm here since sbenny times , and well , Daniel don't disappoint me I always admired u maybe 70 relationship points , and fabulich guy , he's just... 35 point and I give dei -10 idk why I just don't like that modder that's all.

Darkobuio

Dear(or not) Dan and Dei and Dan, I check some discussions in thread and see something that made me feel off , if I'm not wrong , I remember u guys saying something about removing links if games writers request , and about u guys are knights in shining armor fighting against evil corporation that sucking writers blood or something in that lines ,But seem U GUYS DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT U GUYS SAID EARLIER , U 2 ACT LIKES U DIDN'T SEE REQUEST TO REMOVE MIND BLIND PATRON LINK FROM WRITER HIM)HER SELF , JUST GIVING EXCUSE BLAH BLAH
I THINK IT'S BIT TOO MUCH TO HIT PATRON LINKS , AUTHORS ARE SUCK BY EVIL COG AND PATRON IS WAY TO GET MORE MONEY FOR THEM U GUYS ARE CUTTING IT , AND ABOUT POPULARITY AND “THEY WILL DONATE U IF U LET US GIVE UR PATRON LINK FREE " LINE , MAYBE FEW WILL , BUT MAJORITY WON'T THEY ARE GETTING IT FREE AND I DOUBT THEY WILL CARE ABOUT SUPPORTING AUTHORS , AND IF I'M NOT WRONG EVEN GUESTS CAN READ THREADS AND TAKE PATRON LINKS RIGHT? AND DON'T GIVE EXCUSE LIKES “WE ARE FIGHTING EVIL COG BUT WE DON'T REPRESENT WHOLE COMMUNITY SOME IN COMMUNITY WANT ALL FREEEEEEEE" u guys are admins if u guys are KISA ( knights in shining armor ) just hit patron links and make rules!!! I feel this community is in kinda chaos “NO RULES" but admins will hit anyone they don't like , feel crazy ok, and maybe there's some MISSPELLING , but whati mean is clear enough ,and don't take down my post too, will u guys do it??? And don't try ur Kim impossible tactics too , I'm not I'm here since sbenny times , and well , Daniel don't disappoint me I always admired u maybe 70 relationship points , and fabulich guy , he's just... 35 point and I give dei -10 idk why I just don't like that modder that's all.
wow.

K.Virgil

💀

kb1234

This most definitely isn't the way to get your point across....Because for one the main point of contention your gonna have to get past is explaining why you are here and why you referenced another cheating site when clearly you have something against part of it. Which imo when it comes to this kind of thing its all or nothing. You cant talk mess and cape for one part of it all while still indulging in part of it and while still claiming to be in the right. Which seems to be the problem you "morally sound"people have. And i most definitely wouldn't blame them if this got deleted i wouldn't want to interact with somebody who came out the gate yelling at me either.....

Last edited:

Lielac33

This most definitely isn't the way to get your point across....Because for one the main point of contention your gonna have to get past is explaining why you are here and why you referenced another cheating site when clearly you have something against part of it. Which imo when it comes to this kind of thing its all or nothing. You cant talk mess and cape for one part of it all while still indulging in part of it and while still claiming to be in the right. Which seems to be the problem you "morally sound"people have. And i most definitely wouldn't blame them if this got deleted i wouldn't want to interact with somebody who came out the gate yelling at me either.....
They're projecting their guilt is why

Astel

FZFtpYqXoAMl89x.jpg

Fatal Sin

In my opinion the majority of the COG/HG writers don't mind the modded versions too much they understand not everyone can afford to pay to unlock the full versions etc and tbh it's not too difficult for those who can afford it like myself to donate to them and share the original with those they know who don't like using modded versions in a way to support the writer. If it's requested by a writer to remove their story then yes it should be removed but a full blown public rant is not the way to get that across.

Sebastian

Staff member
I THINK IT'S BIT TOO MUCH TO HIT PATRON LINKS , AUTHORS ARE SUCK BY EVIL COG AND PATRON IS WAY TO GET MORE MONEY FOR THEM U GUYS ARE CUTTING IT , AND ABOUT POPULARITY AND “THEY WILL DONATE U IF U LET US GIVE UR PATRON LINK FREE " LINE , MAYBE FEW WILL , BUT MAJORITY WON'T THEY ARE GETTING IT FREE AND I DOUBT THEY WILL CARE ABOUT SUPPORTING AUTHORS , AND IF I'M NOT WRONG EVEN GUESTS CAN READ THREADS AND TAKE PATRON LINKS RIGHT? AND DON'T GIVE EXCUSE LIKES “WE ARE FIGHTING EVIL COG BUT WE DON'T REPRESENT WHOLE COMMUNITY SOME IN COMMUNITY WANT ALL FREEEEEEEE" u guys are admins if u guys are KISA ( knights in shining armor ) just hit patron links and make rules!!! I feel this community is in kinda chaos “NO RULES" but admins will hit anyone they don't like , feel crazy ok, and maybe there's some MISSPELLING , but whati mean is clear enough ,and don't take down my post too, will u guys do it??? And don't try ur Kim impossible tactics too , I'm not I'm here since sbenny times , and well , Daniel don't disappoint me I always admired u maybe 70 relationship points , and fabulich guy , he's just... 35 point and I give dei -10 idk why I just don't like that
First things first , no one is playing Kisa here and no one said that ,about the hole "Evil Hg/Cog " thing , idk what impression you got about it , it was just a topic when we found out how much Cog takes from a published book wich is a sad subject but no one is going to march at the Cog HQ with torches in hand , we are not obliged there are enough activists already . I agree with @jessie89 about the authors letting this place coz of ppl with money issues wich is nice of them if is true and with ya about the request if the author wants to have it's link remove . I don't belive the admins here will ignore it , also didn't seen any public requests about it you can't prove that it was ignored . Boy let me tell ya this , if ya think you can compete with Kim's level of stupidity let me tell you ! Ya are shite , water gun compare to him XD ! The amount of shite that came from his mouth and into it's texts would make it's arse jealous , so don't worry we won't use "Anti-Kim tactics " on ya are not that stupid ..... yet and about this poor Wild West place XD boy you are now insulting the admins 'ere , if ya think this is a lawless place then think about it there are places where you are threatened and cursed like hell for a simple argument or existing , and ppl like Kim are the norm , so use your head !
I get ya lad if you truly care about the authors , I don't blame ya. I recommend next time you don't just pop out of nowhere and act like ya went insane and use the capital to much unless you want to give the impression of threatening or having anger issues .
(Sorry for any gramatical mistakes )

NotAgainPlease...

In my opinion the majority of the COG/HG writers don't mind the modded versions too much they understand not everyone can afford to pay to unlock the full versions etc and tbh it's not too difficult for those who can afford it like myself to donate to them and share the original with those they know who don't like using modded versions in a way to support the writer. If it's requested by a writer to remove their story then yes it should be removed but a full blown public rant is not the way to get that across.
Seem they don't mind it but they mind about giving away patron link...

NotAgainPlease...

First things first , no one is playing Kisa here and no one said that ,about the hole "Evil Hg/Cog " thing , idk what impression you got about it , it was just a topic when we found out how much Cog takes from a published book wich is a sad subject but no one is going to march at the Cog HQ with torches in hand , we are not obliged there are enough activists already . I agree with @jessie89 about the authors letting this place coz of ppl with money issues wich is nice of them if is true and with ya about the request if the author wants to have it's link remove . I don't belive the admins here will ignore it , also didn't seen any public requests about it you can't prove that it was ignored . Boy let me tell ya this , if ya think you can compete with Kim's level of stupidity let me tell you ! Ya are shite , water gun compare to him XD ! The amount of shite that came from his mouth and into it's texts would make it's arse jealous , so don't worry we won't use "Anti-Kim tactics " on ya are not that stupid ..... yet and about this poor Wild West place XD boy you are now insulting the admins 'ere , if ya think this is a lawless place then think about it there are places where you are threatened and cursed like hell for a simple argument or existing , and ppl like Kim are the norm , so use your head !
I get ya lad if you truly care about the authors , I don't blame ya. I recommend next time you don't just pop out of nowhere and act like ya went insane and use the capital to much unless you want to give the impression of threatening or having anger issues .
(Sorry for any gramatical mistakes )
https://choiceofmods.com/threads/wips-full-games-and-side-stories-not-public-ver.3/unread go down , there's someone claiming he's author , well we can't prove he/she is author or not , but admins seems ......they are saying “no" politely.... And we'll , I'm not very "morally right" as I said modding games is find that's why I'm here , but we need to be considerate too, right? Hitting patron links seem not , they are coming out anyway , not gonna die for not reading it earlier, and as I said patron is way for writers to earn more money...and we are giving it away to everyone including guests , see , if someone with medium income decided to buy patron , but somehow get into this site and saw patron link and password , what'll they do but patron or grab it free and use that money on other places? (This include low income too) .

NotAgainPlease...

https://choiceofmods.com/threads/wips-full-games-and-side-stories-not-public-ver.3/unread go down , there's someone claiming he's author , well we can't prove he/she is author or not , but admins seems ......they are saying “no" politely.... And we'll , I'm not very "morally right" as I said modding games is find that's why I'm here , but we need to be considerate too, right? Hitting patron links seem not , they are coming out anyway , not gonna die for not reading it earlier, and as I said patron is way for writers to earn more money...and we are giving it away to everyone including guests , see , if someone with medium income decided to buy patron , but somehow get into this site and saw patron link and password , what'll they do but patron or grab it free and use that money on other places? (This include low income too) .seem too much

https://choiceofmods.com/threads/wips-full-games-and-side-stories-not-public-ver.3/unread go down , there's someone claiming he's author , well we can't prove he/she is author or not , but admins seems ......they are saying “no" politely.... And we'll , I'm not very "morally right" as I said modding games is find that's why I'm here , but we need to be considerate too, right? Hitting patron links seem not , they are coming out anyway , not gonna die for not reading it earlier, and as I said patron is way for writers to earn more money...and we are giving it away to everyone including guests , see , if someone with medium income decided to buy patron , but somehow get into this site and saw patron link and password , what'll they do but patron or grab it free and use that money on other places? (This include low income too) .
Seem too much grammatical errors...

Sebastian

Staff member
I seen it , thanks for showing it to me and about this , if it's the author then I agree with ya mate but next time don't use the capital to much it gives a wrong impression .

Last edited:

kb1234

Sure patreon links could be regulated but imo if somebody came looking for leaked links in the first place i don't think they had intentions of paying for it in the first place....But there have been cases of people going this route then eventually going legit when they seen it was worth the money.....And the only "substitute" i could think to limit spread of patreon links is for them to be uploaded for a specific time then taken down and the only way for them to be seen is by contacting the person who has it which is kinda already being done.....And "they are coming out anyway , not gonna die for not reading it earlier" isn't necessarily true and if you've been reading a bunch of COG wips you would understand why im saying this.😂Because there are instances where authors will not have touched there COG forum to update their links since like 2016-2020 then on their patreon with the updated versions having 10 plus extra chapters will say something about "updating the link soon" but it's still left untouched for another few years. Or the authors who straight up abandoned everything and the only way to access the updated versions is through their abandoned patreon. Or the ones who you think have abandoned their projects so you have to check all their media links including patreon to see what progress has been done. So if you want to be technical....alot of people actually can die in that time ie not being able to read it at all.... Also I think a conversation could be had about if authors who don't post for years, lose their patrons, then decide to start back again, but because that loss of trust has set root within their previous patrons they decide not to support them anymore and instead turn to the alternatives like this. Because funnily enough just yesterday i read a interaction like this. Somebody who had dealings with this if author not finishing work before was causing a stir about it in the forum and the author said that what they were now working on would be finished and it legit wasn't just like that person predicted... And i can't remember where on here i saw this but a author was legit just like "just give me feedback" in response to something being leaked on here so there are authors who are ok with links being shared. (I think i seen it back before we had to remake accounts but idk) Also....i've notice that (unless this is someone impersonating) an if author with their name and everything are here from time to time in private chats talking and so far i haven't seen them request for anything to be taken down. I know that doesn't necessarily mean they are cool with it but it's definitely something to think about.

Sebastian

Staff member
@kb1234 That's a new perspective to view ! One thing for certain I seen links removed so as long as they stay that means that the author didn't request for it or the guys that request it are pranking or lie .
About the time limit and the fact that content , that is private should be showed or added in the book or as a DLC should not be a suggestion but a norm . You are right , the content can be lost , ppl can die or the author... and then what ? All the work for nothing .
Impressive I wouldn't though it this way good job !

kb1234

@kb1234 That's a new perspective to view ! One thing for certain I seen links removed so as long as they stay that means that the author didn't request for it or the guys that request it are pranking or lie .
About the time limit and the fact that content , that is private should be showed or added in the book or as a DLC should not be a suggestion but a norm . You are right , the content can be lost , ppl can die or the author... and then what ? All the work for nothing .
Impressive I wouldn't though it this way good job !
The thing is with the mind blind author situation it's like how would we know they were the real deal. I could legit just make another account and just pretend to be somebody else. Which is why i think they kept the links up plus they could've had a private conversation with that person outside of this forum and came to an agreement. Which is why i withheld my opinion about that situation. Also another conversation that could be had is the fact that some if authors will be radio silent for months with no content and will still be billing their patrons. just for them to come out with a post months later saying something like "oopsie besties life got in the way and i been stopped writing for this if but i forgot to post it here". Which i get to a certain extent it's the job of the patron to sort of step in and stop allowing payment but because of the environment of if development its kind of the norm for if authors to be silent for months just to come back with content....or not. Which the op of this thread isn't wrong for having concerns but i think to have all of the patreon links thrown in 1 umbrella category is wrong imo. They should be looked at and handled on a case by case thing. Like patreon links for a currently ongoing if should be up for a shorter amount of time compared to a if that has been abandoned/been out longer. Plus like i already mentioned that in order to get some links you have to contact some people on the forum. So alternatives to link spreading are already working. I just wished op would've explained it like this in normal lettering. Because i took 1 look initially and was like "why are you yelling" which i'm sure i wasn't the only one.

Sebastian

Staff member
Yeah that didin't make him more scary , it make you look like a arsehurt . Yes the patreon links should be sorted or posted here because like you say they are guickly forgotten and they are not posted like side content in the books so is just a waste if ppl know about this !

Last edited:

EdHunt

Staff member
Ok so 1st of all
Mind blind by march 2022 releases it's final public update,
The writer is kinda legit he had a CoG account name "wildelight",
Joined CoG at 29th of january 2018
His curent last post is at 1st may 2021
Up till now he hasn't released any book as of yet, but so far he is clean.
I want everyone to remember a person is innocent untill proven guilty and since this is an online enviroment at least a legitimacy of someone could be proven if we took at least a bit of time to dig around

2nd, that does not mean you are completely correct Mr. O'Connor
Although we are a pirate to the community of CoG we are also people that have our ways, you can't expect to be emotional and then just getting your way, since we also face trolls on a regular basis,
Be calm learn the rules of the place, in your hasteness and panic to take the demo off you don't even see the button that said report, it is a semi legal way or the private chats, or @ing staff members,
i know writing is hard and with CoG being what it is i know what desperation is, but that still doesn't mean you should come in like jesus cleansing the temple at matthew 21:12-17,

and 3rd this idiotic rambles, Kim possible is a known troll here your antics so far fits his/her memo down to the T, claiming we're opressors, using rage bait CAPITAL WORDS THAT SHOULDN'T BE NEEDED, saying we don't have admins when you didn't get your wishes,
We may not conform to normal people rules sure but societal norms are still a thing, raging like a child will help nobody far less in your case,

And yeah in my opinion patreon should be the limit, patreon is made for people who is usually need funds to help them keep going,
But the angle you are attacking is simply wrong, if you wanted to get things done be polite, be patient, slow is smooth and smooth is fast,
By screaming injustice on the top of your lungs and either actually over share by saying my hands are shaking or bated breaths, i know not if it is real or not but it is unecesary and creates drama, and you may know or not,
Drama is the biggest thing that slowed everything down second only to bureaucracy,

But that does not excuse the rest of you throwing rocks at this guy, we know not of who this man is, and a modicrum of research just a google of his name, can bring up who he is in CoG, and attacking someone whthout good intel can lead to situations like this where no side is wrong it's just 2 sides of the same idiot,
I shall assume everyone who is here is an adult and by proxy i expect everyone to do better, do your due research, and remember the most common source of all conflict that people ofteb forgot, misunderstanding

With that i conclude this message, i am late as usuall but so is life, should you wanted to continue Jo go on discord and @Edwardhunter we can disscuss which part you wanted to take down and i shall do my best to help you

With the best regards to anyone reading this
Edward Hunter.