What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Upcoming game info, previews, screenshots of leaked game content etc

delicialolac

For ppl asking what's TGR its The Golden Rose book 2 wip. I did reply to the same in the leaked wips thread but whatever.

seneya

Seems like it’s time to drop Fernweh since the author is starting to be nonsensically problematic.
I understand the frustration, but please note that, as far as I know at least, nothing was proven re: who accused the SHC author. Right now, accusing the Fernweh author of this has about the same substance as accusing the SHC author of plagiarism did in the first place: nothing but vague "gut feelings".
tl:dr no one stops you from speculating, but please don't accuse people without proof, since this is kinda how this mess started in the first place.

delicialolac

I understand the frustration, but please note that, as far as I know at least, nothing was proven re: who accused the SHC author. Right now, accusing the Fernweh author of this has about the same substance as accusing the SHC author of plagiarism did in the first place: nothing but vague "gut feelings".
tl:dr no one stops you from speculating, but please don't accuse people without proof, since this is kinda how this mess started in the first place.
I agree. Lets keep discussions in here civilized. Ppl fight enough in the forum chat.

Zoklitsos

(if it truly is Fernweh author that accused SHC author of plagarism). I’d like to add to this (since I read about the whole debacle of COG rn) that Fernweh author then could be accused of plagarising Superstitions author since it includes nightmares and general horror type of things and they had acess to it all before writing their own IF. I have read both Superstitions, Fernweh, SHC and I could not find the similarities between them except for horror theme. It was such a shocking thing to see on the SHC page and I was literally trying to think of an IF that they could have possibly plagarised and it never came across my mind that Fernweh author is the one saying that. Deeply angry at the Fernweh author for claiming plagarism and stunting the writing on such a good IF (tbh I barely heard about any progress on Fernweh front), the saddest thing is that the whole SHC is probably dropped and will never continue because of this. Seems like it’s time to drop Fernweh since the author is starting to be nonsensically problematic.
You're 100% right!! But there's no way to know which author it was and the SHC writer does not want to start drama by revealing who it was (which I respect and get) so we'll never have a confirmation. So it's important to note again that all of my comments in the thread have been purely speculation because I really like SHC and I was being nosy and upset by the news lol, but yeah we shouldn't jump to concrete conclusions because we don't actually know if it was the Fernweh author. That was just a silly little theory I concocted based on the info the SHC writer gave and by making some assumptions such as:

- That the author would have been one of the "bigger" ones in the IF community for them to like... actually have the audacity and ego to make a plagiarism accusation in the first place lol. Likely with a published full game already too. And the SHC writer did also say she's admired the other writer for a while, literally supported her on patreon and really loved her game. In terms of this criteria, the only one that really fits imo is Fernweh as there's no other currently ongoing horror IF I can think of. Superstition which you mentioned fits as well I suppose, but I've been following the Superstition writer's work since Dragon Racer and have been on her discord and patreon for ages, and I've interacted with her plenty of times and I really genuinely can't see her doing something like this.

- The SHC writer sorta let it slip that the nightmares were a part of the accusation?? She did say the message of the writer who said that to her was pretty vague otherwise in terms of similar elements. But yeah once again, Fernweh fits the bill for a big/popular horror IF where nightmares play a very key part, same as with SHC. Honestly for this point I wouldn't even consider Superstition because while it does also contain the nightmares trope like 90% of horror lol, they aren't nearly of the same key importance to the plot and don't drive it as opposed to the ones in Fernweh and SHC.

- And the last thing being that the SHC author said that the IF of the writer who accused her isn't set in a camp, which of course rules out all the more obvious guesses lol, though tbh I don't even know any other IFs based on a camp in the first place so. 🤷🏻

So yeah I just wanted to expand on my logic a bit but to also reiterate once again: at the end of the day, DON'T form concrete opinions about any author based on just speculation without proof! :) All of this is basically just gossip lmao, and I want to clarify that I have nothing against the Fernweh author. In fact, I very much hope I am wrong because I really enjoy Fernweh and I've supported her on patreon too before.

Last edited:

delicialolac

You're 100% right!! But there's no way to know which author it was and the SHC writer does not want to start drama by revealing who it was (which I respect and get) so we'll never have a confirmation. So it's important to note again that all of my comments in the thread have been purely speculation because I really like SHC and I was being nosy and upset by the news lol, but yeah we shouldn't jump to concrete conclusions because we don't actually know if it was the Fernweh author. That was just a silly little theory I concocted based on the info the SHC writer gave and by making some assumptions such as:

- That the author would have been one of the "bigger" ones in the IF community for them to like... actually have the audacity and ego to make a plagiarism accusation in the first place lol. Likely with a published full game already too. And the SHC writer did also say she's admired the other writer for a while, literally supported her on patreon and really loved her game. In terms of this criteria, the only one that really fits imo is Fernweh as there's no other currently ongoing horror IF I can think of. Superstition which you mentioned fits as well I suppose, but I've been following the Superstition writer's work since Dragon Racer and have been on her discord and patreon for ages, and I've interacted with her plenty of times and I really genuinely can't see her doing something like this.

- The SHC writer sorta let it slip that the nightmares were a part of the accusation?? She did say the message of the writer who said that to her was pretty vague otherwise in terms of similar elements. But yeah once again, Fernweh fits the bill for a big/popular horror IF where nightmares play a very key part, same as with SHC. Honestly for this point I wouldn't even consider Superstition because while it does also contain the nightmares trope like 90% of horror lol, they aren't nearly of the same key importance to the plot and don't drive it as opposed to the ones in Fernweh and SHC.

- And the last thing being that the SHC author said that the IF of the writer who accused her isn't set in a camp, which of course rules out all the more obvious guesses lol, though tbh I don't even know any other IFs based on a camp in the first place so. 🤷🏻

So yeah I just wanted to expand on my logic a bit but to also reiterate once again: at the end of the day, DON'T form concrete opinions about any author based on just speculation without proof! :) All of this is basically just gossip lmao, and I want to clarify that I have nothing against the Fernweh author. In fact, I very much hope I am wrong because I really enjoy Fernweh and I've supported her on patreon too before.
Nicely put. Bravo.

delicialolac

Its an upcoming one called paved in ashes which will soon have a demo out. The author has another one also with demo soon to be out. Most probably twine. Lets see @ahnkra

This is their other upcoming if called ink and laces