What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Resource icon

Vampire The Masquerade — Parliament of Knives v1.2.14 Mod Menu 1.2.14

Register to download this resource for free!

smthdffrnt

Finally finished it. I bought this one on Steam like 3 years ago but couldn't get into it then. The quick save option of this mod is such a great quality of life feature. It made reading this much less of a chore.
Night Road is much better. Here the pacing is all over the place; the book has like 10-11 chapters but the narrative ends very abruptly. Night Road ramped up from a slow start to a bombastic finale in a nice curve. This one's like a very, very tame rollercoaster.
The action scenes are a bit muddy and it's hard to visualize the situation. Your character build doesn't matter as much as it did in Night Road.
Parliament of Knives is a bit too verbose for its own good. Every sentence has an unnecessary adjective/adverb or three. The characters aren't compelling enough to keep you wanting to spend more time with them. And what time you do get with them is very brief anyway.
I know I keep comparing this to Night Road, but that CYOA book was the best Vampire: the Masquerade RPG since Bloodlines. This was sold as more of a political intrigue thriller, but it falls flat even on that front. The plot is too convoluted, just like the prose. It doesn't feel like you're navigating a dangerous political landscape, but going through a cheap haunted house.
Overall, despite all my complaining, this is one of the better quality CoG books. I guess being a licensed product requires stricter quality control. So, go play Night Road first and, once you've sucked that vein dry and are craving more Vampire: the Masquerade content, dig into this one.

Last edited: