What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

I like this site, but I'm afraid...

Lord Blackwell

Hey, I'm new to this site, Like just signed up today, but this is the go to site for Choice of games (CoG) LLC modded games. But I'm afraid of the future of this site. Iirc Wend games (I forgot which site) was nearly taken out because of modding and distributing paid content (the games from CoG especially). And as I can see it this site is small right now and they can easily bring this site down if not the site then your source of donations at least.

I suggest making mod menu or mods to other games as well. I get is the site itself is called Choice of mods, but this will solve two things. 1st CoG games are niche af and this site is less likely to blow up, modded CoG games are even nicher, modding other games may introduce new users to the forum. Remember that an account is needed to access the content, this will scare a lot of users who just wanted a mod apk. Expanding your operations might introduce new users. And seeing a respectable number of modded apks they might join because of that. And help in revenue from ads for funding the site.

2nd CoG LLC might not see you as a threat to their income since their games here just have a small interactions/download and may be too troublesome and not worth it to take down. And as a bonus if they still try to take you down, you still have other users for other games you have modded.

In summary: Expanding your operations/modded games MIGHT introduce new users to the site, help hiding CoG LLC games and help fund the site. And even if this site will be threatened operations may still continue, since CoG LLC had a history of trying to take down sites.

But that's just me. Maybe you focused on modding CoG games because you have more knowledge with the engine. Or attached to CoG (like me but hate the mechanics of CoG games) If so then I understand.

Good luck though and best wishes.
-Lord Blackwell

revanE

The author loses MULTIPLE sales/patrons, bro, because people can literally look it up here and get it for free. These authors are trying to earn a living from their craft and you are sharing their hard work for free with multiple people. You share their stuff for free = there is less people to pay for it. Are you lacking a moral compass???
If people looking this stuff for free then they couldn't afford it or don't want to buy it - it means that they don't buy it anyway. So yeah, still lose nothing.

Astel

Don’t worry though, I’m helping make sure your piracy won’t be done under wraps anymore and all the authors have the opportunity to come tell you to take their stuff down. Let’s see how many indie authors agree with you guys’ views on this, and whether the mods honor the “authors can ask for the removal of their content” policy, because I just went through that entire thread, screenshotting everything, and I’ve contacted all the authors whose content has been shared/asked for over there 😊

Oh, and I’ve also contacted CoG about the use of Dan Fabulich’s name in this forum.

Y’all have a nice weekend.
The meat riding is crazy

Titan1757

I like the hypocrisy of some people here, saying that taking free stuff is blah blah blah, while at the same time i have seen these same people downloading and commenting on other games complaining about the " quality of mods " and even giving their thoughts ln the stories overall. So just to get this straight you people think this is morally wrong or whatever and still do it and even have the nerve to complain about it 🙄. Stop being hypocrits and stop acting like what you are doing is right and go get a life and let people do what they want instead of telling them what they are doing is wrong while the same things are done by you

Dark Knight

Grand Overseer
I like the hypocrisy of some people here, saying that taking free stuff is blah blah blah, while at the same time i have seen these same people downloading and commenting on other games complaining about the " quality of mods " and even giving their thoughts ln the stories overall. So just to get this straight you people think this is morally wrong or whatever and still do it and even have the nerve to complain about it 🙄. Stop being hypocrits and stop acting like what you are doing is right and go get a life and let people do what they want instead of telling them what they are doing is wrong while the same things are done by you
That's true. I have observed and confirmed that many such individuals who try to protect such ideals, are in contrast, Actually against them.

JustLurking is just one example. There are many others who say that piracy is wrong and there are those who say that pirating official games is "okay" but pirating "patreon content is an offense", but in reality and from the stats which I have seen..Almost all of them are hypocrites.

This case is just one example of events which were brought to light in the hope of crushing piracy or to somewhat contain it, but ended up showing the harsh reality of those so called "White Knights" who are nothing but just like others here, deep down.

For authors, I do not think that this really affects their income. Those who want to buy or subscribe would give them their money regardless of piracy. I do not think that Piracy has any significant effect (which they think) on their incomes in our case and in case it does then it's minimal, truth be spoken.

In context of Titles which are released by the official company, We are not the only ones in the sea. There are many other ships but because we have a catchy name and a sense of community, Those white knights who deep down are engaged in this act themselves, out of their masks or other emotions continue to speak against us.

Such is the state of this world and this seems to remain constant unless people start thinking about it, which I doubt they will.

Now let my opinions rest for today and I hope you all continue to enjoy because after all like the name says, It's our choices and we make them. We are here to enjoy and have fun, So let us do that. 🙂

ric.chaz

If the authors are going to see this thread then I want to say that some of us are here because we can't cheat in their games. And I want all the endings quickly. A mod makes that happen.

So let us cheat, and maybe less people would look for apks. I am saying this as a reply to authors who don't do this for philosophical reasons.

Roesia

I don't typically make posts on here at all, but I felt the need to speak. I'm a patreon of a number of different authors and don't share the information for my own personal beliefs/opinions. However, I will also say that I see a number of other sites making mods of these very titles and I don't see nearly as much complaints there as I do here. If authors made an option to cheat, I would honestly pay for it whole heartedly. I've paid for just about every game the "honest" way that I've also gone and downloaded from here. I believe in supporting the authors, but sometimes, I also want to enjoy every aspect of the story they've made. If you're going to protest about the mods being made, don't just come here, go to all the sites doing it.

Cora

I'm a pirate.
Came from third world country.
Can't afford not a single book/games due to high conversion of (4-6 currencies per usd).

It makes my day when others willing to take the risk to share content that I couldn't afford. (Bless you leakers and modders). Yes it's wrong and no that won't stop me from pirate it nonetheless

To the authors, be it a leaked content from patreon or official COG just so you know there's plenty of people out there that likes and fan of your work. But only few of them admit it.

And to the moral police. You won't be here if your first intention wasn't to find a modded/leaked content in the first place. Please keep your *** and leave the door silently after you get what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatal Sin

The entitlement here is absolutely crazy. It’s not y’alls RIGHT to access author’s paid content. It doesn’t matter what country you are from, it’s not like you’re stealing stuff to eat or to survive, this is all stuff YOU CAN GO WITHOUT.

Saying that authors can message to get their stuff removed is absolutely ridiculous because you guys do this UNDER WRAPS, and it’s completely dumb to think any author wouldn’t want to have their stuff removed from here, because if they wanted to have their stuff shared for free they would have shared it on their own *in the first place*.

And y’alls response when confronted about this is absolutely disgusting. These authors work hard to provide content (and there is PLENTY of free content), content that you guys clearly love and enjoy, and you don’t even have the decency to respect the creators of the things you like.
Actually,, the majority of authors don't mind people using modded versions providing the user shares their official works with those who can afford it or atleasts donates to them. If you don't like what the modders do why the hell are you on a piracy site in the first place.

Ciar

Don’t worry though, I’m helping make sure your piracy won’t be done under wraps anymore and all the authors have the opportunity to come tell you to take their stuff down. Let’s see how many indie authors agree with you guys’ views on this, and whether the mods honor the “authors can ask for the removal of their content” policy, because I just went through that entire thread, screenshotting everything, and I’ve contacted all the authors whose content has been shared/asked for over there 😊

Oh, and I’ve also contacted CoG about the use of Dan Fabulich’s name in this forum.

You are absolutely ridiculous.
Do you not realize that those very authors are most likely very well aware of this piracy? Or do you think these people are stupid enough not to be able to literally Google their own game with a "mod apk" in the end?
You're making a huge deal out of nothing. There are counted several thousand people on this website - not millions, not hundreds of thousands. Not even tens.
I literally cannot afford any of these for SEVERAL reasons yet they have been my comfort for years now.

I downloaded thousands of modded games and other applications by now.

And you want to tell me that you're doing this out of the goodness of your own heart or something?
"Morals"?
To spite the people here?
I'm curious. I've been waiting, watching, reading threads. Never spoke until now.

Fatal Sin

The vast majority of authors are well aware this site and appreciate not everyone can pay for the content all they ask in return is to either make a donation to them or share their work with those who can pay for it. COG treat their authors terribly the author makes very little from their work as COG take the majority insome cases the authors make more from donations from people here than they do from COG . Think about the bigger picture instead of being so narrow minded.

Ryu

Bro seek help