What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Stories that left you disappointed for a reason

kb1234

Heh!I feel that this story is toxic as hell - so far - from beginning to end.

But maybe I would give it a chance if the author did one good thing and let MC fairly win ****ing competition.
I dont think we are though. It seems like us cheating but not cheating is part of the main plot. Probably for blackmail purposes. Since it is a drama story taking place in the industry. But I get not wanting to deal with it because this story has alot going on.😩

Definitely toxic.

kb1234

Also is the night market worth putting time into? Because while I like longer wips I could never get into it. And then when I was seeing some of the criticisms with the ros it kind of completely pushed me away from wanting to read the story.

RedBonnet09

Also is the night market worth putting time into? Because while I like longer wips I could never get into it. And then when I was seeing some of the criticisms with the ros it kind of completely pushed me away from wanting to read the story.

Eh, I wouldn't say it's terrible, but it's really just forgettable, which seems to be the general consensus. Interesting setting and premise, but I really can't remember anything about the ROs beyond their basic traits, including their dynamic with MC, so the romance is forgettable to me. The author also has a habit of springing random bs on readers like the Milo stuff and expecting players to get over it, so that might be annoying.

I at least remember thinking it was fine when I finished reading it, so maybe others would be more into it.

Parallax

I dont think we are though. It seems like us cheating but not cheating is part of the main plot. Probably for blackmail purposes. Since it is a drama story taking place in the industry. But I get not wanting to deal with it because this story has alot going on.😩

Definitely toxic.
The first success in their career and it turns out that they won because someone said it should be them! Or rather MC.

Pathetic isn't it 🤦
I believe there could be fun and full of dramas story without that kind of humiliating ****. This is an important thing, because it can influence the reader's decision to continue playing or not. And how can a reader be sure that MC and their ban d are worth anything if we we get something like this at the beginning? This is discouraging.

Last edited:

clover

See if you don't like books where the mc is not given importance then don't go for it. The author explicitly stated that they are catering to their own characters and not the mc. So yeah.

Last edited:

juno . ⊹ ˖

i think a lot of IFs nowadays don’t get planned out enough. they make tumblr pages to hype of the game but then they rush through making the demo.. a lot of IFs lack key story elements and just cause a lot of questions. do people forget to brainstorm and do rough drafts before releasing stuff to the public?

also, i dont think people shouldn’t be making their fans pay for things that keep readers updated. i understand accepting donations but making people pay $10-20+ MONTHLY just to see 1-2 progress reports and Q&As of a story that’s still technically in its PLANNING phase is insane work. they should at least make the planning stuff free and public so readers know wtf is happening

Vamp-kun

i think a lot of IFs nowadays don’t get planned out enough. they make tumblr pages to hype of the game but then they rush through making the demo.. a lot of IFs lack key story elements and just cause a lot of questions. do people forget to brainstorm and do rough drafts before releasing stuff to the public?

also, i dont think people shouldn’t be making their fans pay for things that keep readers updated. i understand accepting donations but making people pay $10-20+ MONTHLY just to see 1-2 progress reports and Q&As of a story that’s still technically in its PLANNING phase is insane work. they should at least make the planning stuff free and public so readers know wtf is happening
It's the fault of the Wayhaven author. Ever since she started that trend with the Patreon gig, everybody else did.

Despite the Wayhaven author actually releasing a book a couple of decades later, unlike the others who do nothing.

Vamp-kun

I also love hearing about this Infamous WIP. It's all "Seven! Avina! Band! MC! Toxicity ™!"

They forget that nearly all the choice of games that had been released, never actually had any such hype before even getting published.

I'll enjoy hearing the screaming when it gets abandoned like all the other WIPs and the author just receives a healthy 1200$ monthly income through Patreon snippets forever.

Sokrates

See if you don't like books where the mc is not given importance then don't go for it. The author explicitly stated that they are catering to their own characters and not the mc. So yeah. 🤷‍♀️
I'd say the author is more on the extreme side of "don't change the story to please the readers. Write one you are pleased with". And her attitude irritates anyone reading her responses on character criticism. Similar to the "A tale of Crowns" author. But at least she's releasing games unlike some (quite a low bar we've set for authors to clear huh😂)

For someone who is not accostumed to that style of writing and gameplay, obviously they wouldn't like it, but personally I didn't find it quite as bad considering i've been plaing chooseyourstory.com games for a while now.

The point of Book 1's story as far as I got, was how this seemingly omnipotent, but benevolent and full of love for the creations under their protection, entity's (MC) is swept away by the whirlwind of events happening around them, with them being powerless to change their course. Though I'll have to admit that being forced to act like a goody two shoes against Milo just reflects the author's inability to write the choice/route on... expressing anger towards him? At least that's the nr.1 complaint I had, though there is the concern with the male RO sucking (not everyone wants to be forced to choose between a time-ticking bomb like Gabriel or to be a part of a poly relationship between Milo and Malcolm. You either accept the fact that either of them (Milo or Mal) will still continue their relationship while also romacing you or you just default to Gabe. The only sane one amongs the ROs is Hazel, though my favorite is Belladonna for obvious reasons.

Anyway, I'm following the story due to the lore being interesting, but compared to the likes of Fallen Hero and A tale of Crowns, I agree that it falls short on the romance department.

Vamp-kun

And, by the way, it seems that Infamous is meant to be played as an MC who had a relationship with Seven and then kicked him/her out of the band. The silent responses are really romantic, and I can see the story working with an ambitious MC in mind.
Anything else though? If the MC tries to be a goody two shoes, the game treats him/her as still being ambitious and it's jarring!
Perhaps it would have worked better as a romance novel like the 12 package deals found on Amazon.

Last edited:

C8B

I also love hearing about this Infamous WIP. It's all "Seven! Avina! Band! MC! Toxicity ™!"

They forget that nearly all the choice of games that had been released, never actually had any such hype before even getting published.

I'll enjoy hearing the screaming when it gets abandoned like all the other WIPs and the author just receives a healthy 1200$ monthly income through Patreon snippets forever.
I think the only book to have that kind of hype is the infinity series. Because infinity series is the IF GOAT (even if i think that the third book was weak in comparison with the other two.)

Shadow1904

Lords of Infinity

Man...nothing happens for like 2/3rds of the "story" if you go the city route

At least the estate route has you cuddling with the best girl in the series and chilling with Karol of Loch and fighting bandidos

In their city its just blah blah blah club stuff who cares blah blah blah being edged by the same exact political argument played out over years

plus if you've romanced the other girls you get nothing from them but like a hand touch from ms. Warcrime once.

DeadRat420

Not a fan of “I, the Forgotten one”

You make me put up with the world’s most obnoxious set of side characters and then make me be heterosexual for some boring dude?

Unforgivable lol

But in seriousness I didn't like most of the cast they treat the Mc like complete garbage and the MC just has to deal with it and then go on a self hate inner monologue later in there room

The queen treats you like ****
Your brothers are annoying and also treat you like ****
The only family member who doesn’t is your sister but she it feels like you become her parent almost immediately after meeting her

Like I get it the MC’s entire family and life sucks please stop reminding me every 3 seconds 😭

Game you want me to help these people making me dislike most of the characters right out the gate is not how you do it lol

DeadRat420

I dunno, i mean it's still 3/20 chapters so... I still can't give any concrete opinion abt 7 yet, but at the same time, they really need char development arc asap to stop being childish. Considering Avina is also tried to steer 7 away from their problems with MC, my give and take, we might see "New 7" at 10-15 chapters
If i have to wait 10-15 chapters for 7 to become likeable I’m never gonna buy this game 😭

Also if 7 isn’t on there knees begging for forgiveness for the **** they put my mc through (they have been nothing but nice and didn’t vote against them AND even apologized when 7 told then why they where mad right after the argument)

Viewer ratings will skyrocket after mc commits murder

Parallax

Not a fan of “I, the Forgotten one”

You make me put up with the world’s most obnoxious set of side characters and then make me be heterosexual for some boring dude?

Unforgivable lol

But in seriousness I didn't like most of the cast they treat the Mc like complete garbage and the MC just has to deal with it and then go on a self hate inner monologue later in there room

The queen treats you like ****
Your brothers are annoying and also treat you like ****
The only family member who doesn’t is your sister but she it feels like you become her parent almost immediately after meeting her

Like I get it the MC’s entire family and life sucks please stop reminding me every 3 seconds 😭

Game you want me to help these people making me dislike most of the characters right out the gate is not how you do it lol
The authors of medieval fantasy games have weakness to create a stories where MC is hated / a black sheep in the family / has trauma / mental problems etc. Think about these many wips where we play royal or noble...

I wish I could play MC that is "perfect princess" type and everyone loves them... And then they fall in love with sad depressive RO with trauma!

Parallax

If i have to wait 10-15 chapters for 7 to become likeable I’m never gonna buy this game 😭

Also if 7 isn’t on there knees begging for forgiveness for the **** they put my mc through (they have been nothing but nice and didn’t vote against them AND even apologized when 7 told then why they where mad right after the argument)

Viewer ratings will skyrocket after mc commits murder
Rather they would expect MC to beg on the knees 🙄