What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Upcoming game info, previews, screenshots of leaked game content etc

Zoklitsos

Nooooo. What the ****?? I don't remember seeing any IF even remotely similar to SHC.

This is genuinely so sad to hear.
The only one similar to it I can think of is The Fernweh Saga tbh, so I've been wondering if the beef is with that one. 🤔 I hope not, because I really like both IFs and the Fernweh author has always seemed really nice, but who knows tbh. 😬

The Such Happy Campers author implied in her forum thread announcement that whichever author accused her of plagiarism was mostly referring to the nightmare sections, as far as I understood it?? And it's true that the nightmare portions in both games are kinda similar, especially with the MC waking up in different places from where they initially fall asleep. If I remember correctly, this specifically didn't happen in the first Fernweh book, but it does happen it the second book's demo and the SHC author also said she was on the accuser's patreon and got blocked on it, meaning she would have had access to the demo. There's also the whole thing with having some creepy voice/presence in the MC's nightmares that is sorta both trying to freak them out and "help" them and the creepy woods vibe and setting I guess. But like... they're both horror games lmao and nightmares and creepy voices and all that are such a common trope in the genre, it's not like the concept was invented by whatever IF author accused the Campers author of plagiarism. 💀💀

Either way, this is a bizzare situation and I'm super bummed out because I love horror and there's so few good horror IFs (or to be more specific, ones that aren't abandoned lol). 😭😭 And just to reiterate, I'm not necessarily accusing the Fernweh author or trying to spread rumours about her or something lmao, I'm just speculating because I really liked Campers and because I'm nosy. 🤭👀

Last edited:

delicialolac

The only one similar to it I can think of is The Fernweh Saga tbh, so I've been wondering if the beef is with that one. 🤔 I hope not, because I really like both IFs and the Fernweh author has always seemed really nice, but who knows tbh. 😬

The Such Happy Campers author implied in her forum thread announcement that whichever author accused her of plagiarism was mostly referring to the nightmare sections, as far as I understood it?? And it's true that the nightmare portions in both games are kinda similar, especially with the MC waking up in different places from where they initially fall asleep. If I remember correctly, this specifically didn't happen in the first Fernweh book, but it does happen it the second book's demo and the SHC author also said she was on the accuser's patreon and got blocked on it, meaning she would have had access to the demo. There's also the whole thing with having some creepy voice/presence in the MC's nightmares that is sorta both trying to freak them out and "help" them. But like... they're both horror games lmao and nightmares and creepy voices and all that are such a common trope in the genre, it's not like the concept was invented by whatever IF author accused the Campers author of plagiarism. 💀💀

Either way, this is a bizzare situation and I'm super bummed out because I love horror and there's so few good horror IFs (or to be more specific, ones that aren't abandoned lol). 😭😭 And just to reiterate, I'm not necessarily accusing the Fernweh author or trying to spread rumours about her or something lmao, I'm just speculating because I really liked Campers and because I'm nosy. 🤭👀
That's a pretty good theory.