What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Upcoming game info, previews, screenshots of leaked game content etc

clover

The Such Happy Campers author implied in her forum thread announcement that whichever author accused her of plagiarism was mostly referring to the nightmare sections, as far as I understood it?? And it's true that the nightmare portions in both games are kinda similar, especially with the MC waking up in different places from where they initially fall asleep. If I remember correctly, this specifically didn't happen in the first Fernweh book, but it does happen it the second book's demo and the SHC author also said she was on the accuser's patreon and got blocked on it, meaning she would have had access to the demo. There's also the whole thing with having some creepy voice/presence in the MC's nightmares that is sorta both trying to freak them out and "help" them and the creepy woods vibe and setting I guess. But like... they're both horror games lmao and nightmares and creepy voices and all that are such a common trope in the genre, it's not like the concept was invented by whatever IF author accused the Campers author of plagiarism. 💀💀
Thank you for the response and I agree with you. Nightmares and such are a common theme in horror IFs. I don't think it should be regarded as plagiarism.

regulusmajor

Thank you for the response and I agree with you. Nightmares and such are a common theme in horror IFs. I don't think it should be regarded as plagiarism.
If that's the case, that's just insane, using a famous trope in the genre is not plagiarism. Can you imagine 70% of horror authors getting a lawsuit because they used nightmares and weird voices in their work 😭😭😭

Zoklitsos

Honestly, the whole story is so sad. Imagine being subscribed to the patreon of an author you genuinely admire, only for them to block you and imply you plagiarized some ideas off them 🙃
It absolutely is!! ☹️ Which is why I can sort of at least understand why the SHC author had such an extreme reaction and outright dropped the IF, even if she said the person who implied plagiarism didn't ask her to. I can only imagine how I'd react and how gutted I'd be if I was in her shoes tbh. Let's just hope she comes back to it one day, but at least she has another WIP which is also great. ❤️ But yea I'm assuming it must have been one of the 'bigger' authors in the IF community whose ego probably got a tad too big or something lol, yikes all around. 🤐

delicialolac

It absolutely is!! ☹️ Which is why I can sort of at least understand why the SHC author had such an extreme reaction and outright dropped the IF, even if she said the person who implied plagiarism her didn't ask her to. I can only imagine how I'd react and how gutted I'd be if I was in her shoes tbh. Let's just hope she comes back to it one day, but at least she has another WIP which is also great. ❤️ But yea I'm assuming it must have been one of the 'bigger' authors in the IF community whose ego probably got a tad too big or something lol, yikes all around. 🤐
You're probably hitting right on exactly what happened

delicialolac

Screenshot_20240812_233400.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240812_233405.jpg
    Screenshot_20240812_233405.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20240812_233409.jpg
    Screenshot_20240812_233409.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20240812_233415.jpg
    Screenshot_20240812_233415.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 14

Zoklitsos

Huh, so the Such Happy Campers author said on tumblr that the IF of the author who accused her of plagiarism ISN'T set in a camp. 🤔 The plot thickens... 🤭👀 And this is definitely making me even more and more convinced in the possibility that it legit was the Fernweh author lmao even if it was lowkey a crackpot theory at first. Ngl, I know I said in a previous post that she's always seemed really nice, but I'd be lying if I said that I haven't gotten a somewhat... idk how to explain it, but weird or off vibe from her on a few occasions?? Especially from patreon and discord comments. I always thought that's just me perceiving stuff wrong and picking up on vibes that aren't there, but maybe not after all lol? Idk it's difficult to explain really and I haven't been on the Fernweh patreon and discord in aaaages but yeah.

Also sorry I know I keep yapping about this lol but I'm just really angry for the SHC author and I really liked the IF so this news was upsetting in general and I don't see a lot of people talking about this bs situation which is a shame. ☹️ I understand that she doesn't want to start drama and I totally respect and understand that but at the same time, that other author sooo deserves to be called out lol. Like you can't just go around accusing people of plagiarism, that's a pretty lofty accusation and it can really mess with a writer's mental health, as we can see with the SHC author. ☹️

Last edited:

seneya

I understand that she doesn't want to start drama and I totally respect and understand that but at the same time, that other author sooo deserves to be called out lol.
I will not claim to know which author did it (cause really, you don't want to randomly accuse a person of accusing a person...), and I specifically came here (instead of the forums or tumblr) to voice my opinion cause it does seem like the author is trying to avoid stirring up drama. Note also that we have no idea how the accusing author might react to the drama blowing up, and if it's indeed someone big, provoking them could have unpleasant repercussions for the SHC author. So, it's understandable if she wishes to keep it under wraps, even if the situation is unfair to her.
I believe she needs time to process what happened and decide what, if anything, will happen next. She might even come back to writing SHC, eventually, but right now she probably just needs time off.

Zoklitsos

I will not claim to know which author did it (cause really, you don't want to randomly accuse a person of accusing a person...), and I specifically came here (instead of the forums or tumblr) to voice my opinion cause it does seem like the author is trying to avoid stirring up drama. Note also that we have no idea how the accusing author might react to the drama blowing up, and if it's indeed someone big, provoking them could have unpleasant repercussions for the SHC author. So, it's understandable if she wishes to keep it under wraps, even if the situation is unfair to her.
I believe she needs time to process what happened and decide what, if anything, will happen next. She might even come back to writing SHC, eventually, but right now she probably just needs time off.
Oh yeah no don't get me wrong, I 100% agree. I wasn't intending to come off like the SHC author is obligated to share the info or anything like that and I did say I understand and respect her decision, like I get where she's coming from. That's also the reason I've been talking about it here instead of on the forums/tumblr/discord (as you said) since the author clearly wants to put this to rest for now and doesn't want to stir up drama. The whole thing is just really unfair to her and it sucks which is why I said that author deserves to be called out. But yeah you're right, I'm sure she needs time to process this whole thing and I'd like to think that she'll eventually come back to the game. 💜 :)

delicialolac

Huh, so the Such Happy Campers author said on tumblr that the IF of the author who accused her of plagiarism ISN'T set in a camp. 🤔 The plot thickens... 🤭👀 And this is definitely making me even more and more convinced in the possibility that it legit was the Fernweh author lmao even if it was lowkey a crackpot theory at first. Ngl, I know I said in a previous post that she's always seemed really nice, but I'd be lying if I said that I haven't gotten a somewhat... idk how to explain it, but weird or off vibe from her on a few occasions?? Especially from patreon and discord comments. I always thought that's just me perceiving stuff wrong and picking up on vibes that aren't there, but maybe not after all lol? Idk it's difficult to explain really and I haven't been on the Fernweh patreon and discord in aaaages but yeah.

Also sorry I know I keep yapping about this lol but I'm just really angry for the SHC author and I really liked the IF so this news was upsetting in general and I don't see a lot of people talking about this bs situation which is a shame. ☹️ I understand that she doesn't want to start drama and I totally respect and understand that but at the same time, that other author sooo deserves to be called out lol. Like you can't just go around accusing people of plagiarism, that's a pretty lofty accusation and it can really mess with a writer's mental health, as we can see with the SHC author. ☹️

I agree. Ppl in the ctos server who love that if are upset about it too..
Nah yap away. My thread isn't just for upcoming game info. Y'all can talk here. Fyi that draws more attention to this thread so more ppl see it.
-Del .