What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Path of martial arts: leaked sneak peaks, and discussing thread

kazuya

Is it possible to walk alone cause ty literally forces you to help ruo
It'd be cool if mc and caihong could have the solo path, like trusting neither side and mc's only ally is caihong (tigress might run away and probably can't because yichen will force the savage west to fight for him 100%,Ai is...Ai and Mei is an unpredictable variable), caihong help mc search for Qi stones kill powerful people and grow stronger in return mc help her kill the tangs and whatnot, along the way mo long could join the team act like he is there just for the He clan but then either owe a bigger favor to mc and/or grow attached to them and help, both sides would want mc dead, the rogues because we'd be dangerous if allied to the empire and the empire because mc is mc, we'd wander the land yichen put a bounty on us or something like that deeming mc too "dangerous" and somehow get involved in the war grow strong enough and ascend...but i'm just projecting mainly because i'm saying whatever idea come from my sleep-deprived brain.

Last edited:

Arlonb

If Nicky had a refined sense of humor, he would write a scenario where the MC confronts Ruo using a sword. Like:

"You take an old sword from your spatial ring and look at Ruo, who now has a dark, almost hateful complexion.

'Allow me to show you how a sword should be used.'"

I reading this:
sddefault.jpg
(But you know, without being cinema)

kazuya

If Nicky had a refined sense of humor, he would write a scenario where the MC confronts Ruo using a sword. Like:

"You take an old sword from your spatial ring and look at Ruo, who now has a dark, almost hateful complexion.

'Allow me to show you how a sword should be used.'"

I reading this:
View attachment 9272
(But you know, without being cinema)
It remind me of this meme: more-poma-memes-v0-741vwkqn39gc1 (1).jpg

kazuya

Very cool, it would even make more sense. I just didn't put it like that because I wanted to write "old sword", to emphasize it, you know?
I get what you mean and theoretically speaking it is possible since in the IE era mc had the demon finger art who was said to be similar to a sword and i can see the Qi blade falling under Body dao, on a side note using an "old sword" kinda make more sense since Qi isn't known to the public but they'd attribute it as some form of art.

Arlonb

I get what you mean and theoretically speaking it is possible since in the IE era mc had the demon finger art who was said to be similar to a sword and i can see the Qi blade falling under Body dao, on a side note using an "old sword" kinda make more sense since Qi isn't known to the public but they'd attribute it as some form of art.
I hadn't thought of it that way. The MC trying to hide the existence of Qi, right? Good thinking.

As for the Demon Finger, originally, before Qi and Dao were a thing in the game, I thought for a moment that in the future the MC could use the technique to "steal" Ruo's understanding of the sword.

Xclusivegamer

My favorite art btw

Mr lol

The perk with MC Physique is that it make the comprehension of Dao goes crazily quick Ruo with the help of heaven/fuse with dragon and obsession don't really match MC Dao advances (there's a reason heaven hate it) so yes if we start using sword then we can ofc comprehend it

Xclusivegamer

The perk with MC Physique is that it make the comprehension of Dao goes crazily quick Ruo with the help of heaven/fuse with dragon and obsession don't really match MC Dao advances (there's a reason heaven hate it) so yes if we start using sword then we can ofc comprehend it
Tho that's never happening.

Mr lol

It'd be cool if mc and caihong could have the solo path, like trusting neither side and mc's only ally is caihong (tigress might run away and probably can't because yichen will force the savage west to fight for him 100%,Ai is...Ai and Mei is an unpredictable variable), caihong help mc search for Qi stones kill powerful people and grow stronger in return mc help her kill the tangs and whatnot, along the way mo long could join the team act like he is there just for the He clan but then either owe a bigger favor to mc and/or grow attached to them and help, both sides would want mc dead, the rogues because we'd be dangerous if allied to the empire and the empire because mc is mc, we'd wander the land yichen put a bounty on us or something like that deeming mc too "dangerous" and somehow get involved in the war grow strong enough and ascend...but i'm just projecting mainly because i'm saying whatever idea come from my sleep-deprived brain.
This sound like a plot for Wuxia novels

JenusKudo

Tbh I would walk alone sure it will be harder but I would do it both of their ideology doesn't really persuade me to follow either of them...I rather walk alone than follow egoistic Ruo and serve the Tang like a dog or spend hundred thousand of years trying to mold our world to become qi world
I mean yeah... Why should I? What have you done for me? Now, if it was our late aunt who wants something, I wouldn't mind it... But, they already cut off that lifeline... So, I don't see them as anything else other than ki

Arlonb

Well, I think 3 is good enough, the one about the elements and the one about the body are already very broad. Plus the Void one is very op.
Speaking of the Void dao, I'm going to say something that no one can convince me otherwise. MC with Void Dao could one hit kill Ruo (or any other Houtian).

Imagine, Ruo leaps to attack, MC opens a portal in Ruo's path, Ruo in his infinite confidence decides to ignore or think he can resist whatever it is, when he passes a certain part of his body MC decides to close the portal. That's it, whatever went through has been severed, hopefully half the body. Even if he has good regeneration, Ruo is no Long Chen, in such a state he would be defeated immediately or too vulnerable for whatever comes next.

Of course, I'm aware that it will never happen, it's too easy for Nicky to let it happen. But following the mechanics of the book, it's entirely possible. It's something that only dao can do, so Ruo doesn't know anything like it. Even a former Shangtian fell for the trick, so why not the ever-arrogant Ruo.