What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Path of martial arts: leaked sneak peaks, and discussing thread

Sov

It's not something the MC can use, at least not now. It's just a comment from Monkey, he says something like "the Void is Time's little sister".
It's not something anyone can use even gods at least bigger than a localized scale. They will get the Tang Wei treatment if they try messing with it too much

Last edited:

Arlonb

It's not something anyone can use even gods at least bigger than a localized scale. They will get the Tang Wei treatment if they try messing with it too much
One can't be sure, unless it's written in the book or the author himself says so. POMA is quite unique, but it still shares many similarities with the Wuxia novels, so it's to be expected that it follows a concept that almost all of them follow, a sufficiently powerful being can do anything, even if it goes against the heavens.

Of course, I don't want to say that you're wrong, just that we can't state it as a fact. Naturally, if the author has already commented on the subject, I have nothing to say but apologies, since I don't keep myself updated on other sources.

Last edited:

Sov

One can't be sure, unless it's written in the book or the author himself says so. POMA is quite unique, but it still shares many similarities with the Wuxia novels, so it's to be expected that it follows a concept that almost all of them follow, a sufficiently powerful being can do anything, even if it goes against the heavens.

Of course, I don't want to say that you're wrong, just that we can't state it as a fact. Naturally, if the author has already commented on the subject, I have nothing to say but apologies, since I don't keep myself updated on other sources.
It is based on one of his comments

Arlonb

It is based on one of his comments
Cool, thanks for updating me. But I have to say, Nicky has a way of limiting his own narrative/game that I'll never really understand.

You know, instead of writing things like "it's impossible", he could write things like "it's extremely difficult", "no one has succeeded", "it's not worth the effort" or "there are other ways of achieving similar results". That way he wouldn't rule out a possibility, even if it would never actually be explored in the story.

Last edited:

Sov

Cool, thanks for updating me. But I have to say, Nicky has a way of limiting his own narrative/game that I'll never really understand.

You know, instead of writing things like "it's impossible", he could write things like "it's extremely difficult", "no one has succeeded", "it's not worth the effort" or "there are other ways of achieving similar results". That way he wouldn't rule out a possibility, even if it would never actually be explored in the story.
To be fair he did say considered impossible instead of flat out saying that it is impossible though the Heavens really doesn't like when people try to mess with reality like TW did by opening a portal to the underworld.

Arlonb

To be fair he did say considered impossible instead of flat out saying that it is impossible though the Heavens really doesn't like when people try to mess with reality like TW did by opening a portal to the underworld.
That's great. It's always good to leave a possibility to develop the plot later.

Arlonb

What's going on with zombie guy?? I've not seen any thing said about him? He's also part of the geniuses in poma
What a coincidence, I thought the same thing today... Maybe it was just Nicky's way of making a reference to Reverend Insanity. One of the only times I used Discord I asked the author what his favorite novel was, he said it was Reverend Insanity, and that Yuan Fang was a homage to the protagonist.

Now he must just be a collective delirium within the game, since Hao Fan didn't even mention him when the MC asked about his colleagues who joined the sect at the same time as him.

God

Good thing too, no way Niki could do FY justice. Plus he used my least favorite arc version of him. Thinking back Niki should’ve made him the Ancestor of He clan. Had a book about him as homage in library. Since Mei is a toned down female version of him

Last edited:

Xclusivegamer

Am I the only one thinking that or feels everyday the poma story is getting limited?
Six martial arts changed to 3 dao parts
Arena scenes being cut down,
Even the part where we can go hunt in the bountiful forest for wild beast and the rest got nerfed
The library is shitty
And ofc let's not forget that the whole poma world rn is against the righteous route of us studying under chu aiguo. At first you can chat nicely with the guard at the beginning of poma and have nothing to worry about. But once you reach the sect that changes. Right now y'all agree that aiguo's master part is the weakest and annoyingly so because that's the only way to get ai( The only somewhat normal ro in poma and even that's getting changed)

God

Am I the only one thinking that or feels everyday the poma story is getting limited?
Six martial arts changed to 3 dao parts
Arena scenes being cut down,
Even the part where we can go hunt in the bountiful forest for wild beast and the rest got nerfed
The library is shitty
And ofc let's not forget that the whole poma world rn is against the righteous route of us studying under chu aiguo. At first you can chat nicely with the guard at the beginning of poma and have nothing to worry about. But once you reach the sect that changes. Right now y'all agree that aiguo's master part is the weakest and annoyingly so because that's the only way to get ai( The only somewhat normal ro in poma and even that's getting changed)
Well you should blame people who complained, it was more free-roam originally and people didn’t like it so he changed it to be like how it is. My only complaint is Dao moves being boring, but I’m pretty sure book 2 will be better since Niki has learned a lot. But it’s insane how popular Ai has became all it takes is to write the route. Where tf is tigress scenes ( I don’t romance her but still) most things have been focused on mei and ai, guessing ruo and xiwen are next. Hopefully mc leaves the sect soon, feels like it’s too restrictive on mc growth, plus want to explore more of the world.

Xclusivegamer

Well you should blame people who complained, it was more free-roam originally and people didn’t like it so he changed it to be like how it is. My only complaint is Dao moves being boring, but I’m pretty sure book 2 will be better since Niki has learned a lot. But it’s insane how popular Ai has became all it takes is to write the route. Where tf is tigress scenes ( I don’t romance her but still) most things have been focused on mei and ai, guessing ruo and xiwen are next. Hopefully mc leaves the sect soon, feels like it’s too restrictive on mc growth, plus want to explore more of the world.
Tigress unfortunately wants a fling only. But yeah I support that. I jus think that the whole book should progress equally. It feels like the story's coming to an end bcus we're nearing shangtian and at the same time there's not enough cut scenes and romances

God

Tigress unfortunately wants a fling only. But yeah I support that. I jus think that the whole book should progress equally. It feels like the story's coming to an end bcus we're nearing shangtian and at the same time there's not enough cut scenes and romances
There’s 3 books planned and mc will only reach Qi Condensation/ early X this book. We are nearing the end of book 1 niki said.