What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Stories that left you disappointed for a reason

clover

How so? Some MCs did not vote against them, it's not even their fault but hatred seems to be directed mainly at MC. This one reason just seems ridiculous.
Mc and seven were friends since 14(?) years or something so I can understand them being completely hurt by the fact that MC simply watched it all happen. Like yes, you can choose not to vote them out but so far in the narration it seems like mc didn't fight for seven, the way seven would have fought for mc if the same happened to them. They could have done more than simply stand by and watch. Seven is more bothered by the fact that MC just let it happen. The vote never really mattered to them.

However. You don't have to feel the same way. It is completely understandable for you to find seven unreasonable, oversensitive, entitled and childish, since that's exactly what they are.

Parallax

Mc and seven were friends since 14(?) years or something so I can understand them being completely hurt by the fact that MC simply watched it all happen. Like yes, you can choose not to vote them out but so far in the narration it seems like mc didn't fight for seven, the way seven would have fought for mc if the same happened to them. They could have done more than simply stand by and watch. Seven is more bothered by the fact that MC just let it happen. The vote never really mattered to them.

However. You don't have to feel the same way. It is completely understandable for you to find seven unreasonable, oversensitive, entitled and childish, since that's exactly what they are.
I get it, you know. I see how angry and hurt they could feel after that, most people would be, but let's not exaggerate. That's how it is - people hurt each other (even more serious than what MC did), they talk, apologize and come back to each other, or not.

Gets mad, throws insults every time MC tries to talk to them? They give me the impression of kindergarten child who does not know how the world works yet.

Maybe I could keep reading that story anyway but the author constantly pushes the reader into Seven drama even if I don't care about them at all and I would prefer to focus on MC's career 😞

Last edited:

Sant

Don't...you will regret it later. But if that's your thing, then it's up to you
No, it's not, I've played before but was wreaking havoc than focusing on romance. But I want to know the character who have the story centered around them, and the one who will cuck us.

Raijin_01

No, it's not, I've played before but was wreaking havoc than focusing on romance. But I want to know the character who have the story centered around them, and the one who will cuck us.
Wait...you don't know? I thought you already knew about it. My bad then

Well in short,
in later chapters if you romance ignis, her romance will eventually fail, bcz she still secretly love seeker and several of cog forum people also have disagreed with the author for makinh seeker looks like the actual MC than the MC themselves, the fact that we will never get stronger than seeker... theoretically, we'll also have hard time to be stronger than ignis...again theoretically, and basically impossible to be stronger than victoria (seeker's ex).
The actual comparison the author gave us is just that the MC might get stronger to the level of kakashi from Naruto, definitely strong but not the strongest. The author himself has already stated that if I'm not mistaken

Sant

Wait...you don't know? I thought you already knew about it. My bad then

Well in short,
in later chapters if you romance ignis, her romance will eventually fail, bcz she still secretly love seeker. The author himself has already stated that if I'm not mistaken
Yikes, well I don't like girls so I wouldn't explore her route, but yikes.

Sant

The actual comparison the author gave us is just that the MC might get stronger to the level of kakashi from Naruto, definitely strong but not the strongest. The author himself has already stated that if I'm not mistaken
Well, that's why I didn't got interested in the story enough to bookmarked it, I didn't felt powerful, even with higher stats. And it had so many walls of texts and few choices that makes our MC not even belonging there.

Meikartainc

any thoughts about the book of hungry names?i feel likw they railroad the character to save some rudeass ppl without even making me care for them as a reader.

clover

I get it, you know. I see how angry and hurt they could feel after that, most people would be, but let's not exaggerate. That's how it is - people hurt each other (even more serious than what MC did), they talk, apologize and come back to each other, or not.

Gets mad, throws insults every time MC tries to talk to them? They give me the impression of kindergarten child who does not know how the world works yet.

Maybe I could keep reading that story anyway but the author constantly pushes the reader into Seven drama even if I don't care about them at all and I would prefer to focus on MC's career 😞

You are right. Seven is indeed a walking red carpet. They are not willing to communicate and have the tendency to blame everyone around them, saying how they were abandoned when they willing walk away. I believe it is their years of hurt being pent up that explodes but I can understand your frustration. They are a very draining individual to be around.

Avina further fuels seven's unhealthy behaviour by constantly coddling them, nurturing their hate for mc, and trying to 'help' seven by agreeing with whatever they say. I have just decided to block the seven and avina tag on tumblr because (no shade) i just feel like the author and the fanbase constantly justify seven's behaviour and tend to paint avina a little like a saint. Stuff like how they apologise even when theyre wrong because they dont see a point in arguing, which leads them to being 'fit' for each other. It seemed very unhealthy to me. Like yaas lets go and brush those issues under the rug because talking like adults doesnt exist 😭 I am just not particularly fond of authors being too forthcoming in their blogs and trying to make the reader understand why a character does what they do. I would rather it be left to the player to decide from the text. Such things influence the player's opinion of the characters and take away the experience of learning things on your own and coming to a conclusion.

I also feel the mc is treated like a doormat in the IF. I have seen how on tumblr everyone, including the author is pointing out how mean the options exactly are but to me they just fell flat. I still felt like I was being constantly belittled with no way of actually winning the argument.

I just have a love/hate relationship with infamous.

GR1M

Infamous.

Great book, the author is very productive but i dont like the way mc's music career (if we can even call it that) is talked about in the book. Throughout the demo, i felt like a complete loser. No one, apart from G is willing to stroke your ego with praise. Reactions of other contestants, audience, interviews etc etc all downplay the mc. Nobody cares about mc's music, only their relationship with seven.

Also not particularly fond of the seven and avina fiasco. Recently, it came into my attention that the author described avina and seven as 'soulmates' on the forum and later explained it as a delibrate narrative choice. The issue is, this wasnt in the text. This is something the author, the creator herself stated, which makes you feel like a thirdwheel. If avina and seven are so perfect for each other, they why would you make seven an ro? Why should the mc rob 7 of someone who is inherently 'perfect' for 7?

The fandom. They jump on anyone who offers the slightest of bit of critique. Validating or invalidating your opinion based on what they think is right. 'Its a wip. Things are subject to change.' exactly, isnt that the point of posting a demo? to get reviews? 'its only chapter two. give her time to work her magic.' i am giving her time. but i am also entitled to share my views of the demo so far. I am not going to sit back and keep my opinion to myself in hopes of things changing in the future. Of what could happen. The potential. We will talk about it when it does happen. So far it hasnt and I am going to complain.
My thoughts exactly. The situation with Seven and Avina got me feeling like Ignis and Seeker bs. If Seven is supposed to be with Avina (“they are so perfect for each other”) then don’t make them a RO ffs. I got an ick from it. Honestly, it is hypocritical, author has stated that they are perfect for each other but also said that Seven is not even thinking about Avina in that way. Author is shipping those two but also trying to fanservice the fans with Seven as a RO. Parallel with A Trial of Heroes (ATOH is another level of insanity) is insane. The potential in the story is there if the author actually makes MC’s music have impact on story and not just because of MC’s (mostly Seven’s) beef with MC.

Raijin_01

Well there is a a bit of a parallel with Avina x Seven and Ignis x Seeker. ATOH is on another level of insanity.
Not gonna lie there, instead of making mc like a total loser, somone who can't even compete with seeker and co, even more with broken king and blitz queen, the author should make character development for the mc. After MC's gotten stronger, he should consider mc leaving the league with all that bs and start their own career outside the league

MC can also instead play a pivotal main villain role in the story, after the "revelation" of seeker and ignis, all of the pressure from the media to scapegoat the mc, that should be the main turn point of the story, deciding to side with another super power country, that should give them an interesting story outside of seeker, ignis, and victoria grasp.

Well that's just my own opinion...