What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Stories that left you disappointed for a reason

Sant

Going against the grain but Infamous disappointmented me – not because it isn't good – but because everyone hypes it up as if it is the pinnacle of angst and emotions but that seems to be true only for 7 likers. XD I played through it and didn't care much about 7 so it all felt very anticlimactic since everyone speaks so highly of it. It's good but it didn't make me fall head over heels for it.
Yeah... I've muted their tumblr because of 7's spam, like I don't mind the fan-favouritism of the readers but buddy, is A LOT.

vidservent

Speaking of Dakota, am I the only one who thinks that author isn't very skilled at writing adult scenes?

Before anyone saying "respect the author" or "can you do better" or anything like that, this is purely my opinion, and I'm simply curious if anyone else thinks the same.

So, every time I read their 18+ scenes I always end up furrowing my brows rather than feeling horni/turned on. Like, the writing is just simply cringe that I always wear a grimace reading it from start to finish. The feeling is not there, it's hard to "imagine" the scenes, and just... bad in general. I may not be a native speaker but I have read smut scenes for decades, and this is the first time I ever feel this way. Like, the author charged people for those adult scenes, right? Sorry but it's just not worth the money. Even if it was included in the free demo, I would've probably skipped it anyway.

I mean, if you are going to charge people for your writing, at least play to your strengths? I would rather pay for well-written sweet romantic scenes rather than messy smut pieces that just left me feeling like 'Am I an idiot for not understanding this?'

As for Infamous, I agree it's overrated, especially Seven. I feel like at least 85-90% of the story revolves around MC and Seven. Like, what if I want to ignore them? What if I want to focus on Orion/August instead? Or that single parent guy? I like Twisted Scene better, it has way less drama and I can't wait until Anton and MC are officially a thing. It's too bad it hasn't been updated in months, I hope the author is okay and still continue writing in their spare time.

Sant

Speaking of Dakota, am I the only one who thinks that author isn't very skilled at writing adult scenes?

Before anyone saying "respect the author" or "can you do better" or anything like that, this is purely my opinion, and I'm simply curious if anyone else thinks the same.

So, every time I read their 18+ scenes I always end up furrowing my brows rather than feeling horni/turned on. Like, the writing is just simply cringe that I always wear a grimace reading it from start to finish. The feeling is not there, it's hard to "imagine" the scenes, and just... bad in general. I may not be a native speaker but I have read smut scenes for decades, and this is the first time I ever feel this way. Like, the author charged people for those adult scenes, right? Sorry but it's just not worth the money. Even if it was included in the free demo, I would've probably skipped it anyway.

I mean, if you are going to charge people for your writing, at least play to your strengths? I would rather pay for well-written sweet romantic scenes rather than messy smut pieces that just left me feeling like 'Am I an idiot for not understanding this?'

As for Infamous, I agree it's overrated, especially Seven. I feel like at least 85-90% of the story revolves around MC and Seven. Like, what if I want to ignore them? What if I want to focus on Orion/August instead? Or that single parent guy? I like Twisted Scene better, it has way less drama and I can't wait until Anton and MC are officially a thing. It's too bad it hasn't been updated in months, I hope the author is okay and still continue writing in their spare time.
Ohhhhh, good to know there's another August, Orion and Seb lover besides myself. I swear the 7 spam makes me worried abt the other LIs

ThomasBell

I honestly think the only 2 IF demos that are actually pretty good at sexual content are Seduction and Within Your Eyes and I still think they can be better. Everything else is just child's play, like PG 13 and I just roll my eyes, like if it says 18+ I'm expecting really incredibly detailed content that actually does what it's supposed to do.

Seal

I like midnight saga, but idk... I felt very awkward reading other CC's spicy scene. Maybe is the dirty talk, maybe its the description of the scene. Like the same feeling that u get by reading wattpad or something. Nothing wrong if you into that ofc. For me I just felt awkward.

I kind of like PK writing tho.

And yes, as Orion stan I know the feeling like, ugh not Seven again. My MC (and me) hates their guts.

lena990

I like midnight saga, but idk... I felt very awkward reading other CC's spicy scene. Maybe is the dirty talk, maybe its the description of the scene. Like the same feeling that u get by reading wattpad or something. Nothing wrong if you into that ofc. For me I just felt awkward.

I kind of like PK writing tho.

And yes, as Orion stan I know the feeling like, ugh not Seven again. My MC (and me) hates their guts.
Cc writing from Midnight Saga definitely improved and she isn't Native English speaker so it's also that.
But yeah there are some moments when I'm not exactly fan of her writing

blossom1

Let the hate begin... I truly do not like Shepard's of Haven. Not even a little bit. For me, the romance is horrendous, the pace is too fast, story felt plain and generic. Not my cup of tea. I don't see how people even like it let alone love it. Now let the hate begin...
No but while I like the story generally I can say 1) bits n pieces of it soooo taken from games like dragon age etc. 2) world doesnt make sense at all I hate it....wdym everyone lost they culture in....200 years in a world ppl live up to 150... 3) the mc is written weirdly like fawning over all the ROs all the time...romance™ is all the same - chasing after others

ThomasBell

Have to say I don't particularly care for Blood Moon and Thicker Than demo. Just something off about them, don't get me wrong there not the worst by no means, but not good either. Just safe in the middle. What killed Blood Moon for myself is that my male MC is forced to wear condoms with the female ROs, should be a choice honestly, probably a touchy subject for this thread but it definitely killed the mood in every way, shape and form... Good day lads 😌.

Sant

Have to say I don't particularly care for Blood Moon and Thicker Than demo. Just something off about them, don't get me wrong there not the worst by no means, but not good either. Just safe in the middle. What killed Blood Moon for myself is that my male MC is forced to wear condoms with the female ROs, should be a choice honestly, probably a touchy subject for this thread but it definitely killed the mood in every way, shape and form... Good day lads 😌.
My real critique of BM is the ROs introductions and development, some of them gets a pretty good one when others gets almost nothing

Luan

Tales Of Two Cranes.

*Sigh* Where to start?

The history had a good start, it got me interested with the whole 'chosen one' thing. Then, the "training" began, and I you realize I putted an "" between the word. Why? Well, because it just says you had training, you don't go through with it. It just skips, and that's my principal problem with this one. Damned time skips... It skip years in a blink. How in God's name would I enjoy a game where I don't have time to actually enjoy it? The characters you meet? Well, screw them, you barely has real time to get to really know them. Like, I wanted to do a romance route with a character (Which I forgot the name due the game's capacity of making them irrelevant to me.) And when I confessed, she revealed she doesn't see herself as a woman or man, and I was like; Did I f*cking skip a page? But that's just the tip, the game had something that I fear deeply: Politics 😖. I was bored most of the time, it got to the point of just running my eyes at each page with a random choice just waiting to scream; "I Don't Care!" Each time the game asked me what I thought. And asking myself when the game would get good again, plot twist, it didn't. At least not for me. So I just dropped, if you say it gets good after 5 chapter, I don't care. I'm not going into this again.

So that's that. And also, F*ck the emperor's heir, (one of the guys you help get the throne), I hate that bipolar idiot.

(also, sorry for my English, I'm from Brazil and still learning. And of course, this is my opinion. You're totally free to disagree and call me a ******* for it👍)

Sant

Tales Of Two Cranes.

*Sigh* Where to start?

The history had a good start, it got me interested with the whole 'chosen one' thing. Then, the "training" began, and I you realize I putted an "" between the word. Why? Well, because it just says you had training, you don't go through with it. It just skips, and that's my principal problem with this one. Damned time skips... It skip years in a blink. How in God's name would I enjoy a game where I don't have time to actually enjoy it? The characters you meet? Well, screw them, you barely has real time to get to really know them. Like, I wanted to do a romance route with a character (Which I forgot the name due the game's capacity of making them irrelevant to me.) And when I confessed, she revealed she doesn't see herself as a woman or man, and I was like; Did I f*cking skip a page? But that's just the tip, the game had something that I fear deeply: Politics 😖. I was bored most of the time, it got to the point of just running my eyes at each page with a random choice just waiting to scream; "I Don't Care!" Each time the game asked me How I felt about the what I thought. And asking myself when the game would get good again, plot twist, it didn't. At least not for me. So I just dropped, if you say it gets good after 5 chapter, I don't care. I'm not going into this again.

So that's that. And also, F*ck the emperor's heir, (one of the guys you help get the throne), I hate that bipolar idiot.

(also, sorry for my English, I'm from Brazil and still learning. And of course, this is my opinion. You're totally free to disagree and call me a ******* for it👍)
For me, it felt like it had 3 choices and neither of them were my favorites.

Also, Q bom ver um br no meio daqui kkkkkkkk

ThomasBell

Tales Of Two Cranes.

*Sigh* Where to start?

The history had a good start, it got me interested with the whole 'chosen one' thing. Then, the "training" began, and I you realize I putted an "" between the word. Why? Well, because it just says you had training, you don't go through with it. It just skips, and that's my principal problem with this one. Damned time skips... It skip years in a blink. How in God's name would I enjoy a game where I don't have time to actually enjoy it? The characters you meet? Well, screw them, you barely has real time to get to really know them. Like, I wanted to do a romance route with a character (Which I forgot the name due the game's capacity of making them irrelevant to me.) And when I confessed, she revealed she doesn't see herself as a woman or man, and I was like; Did I f*cking skip a page? But that's just the tip, the game had something that I fear deeply: Politics 😖. I was bored most of the time, it got to the point of just running my eyes at each page with a random choice just waiting to scream; "I Don't Care!" Each time the game asked me what I thought. And asking myself when the game would get good again, plot twist, it didn't. At least not for me. So I just dropped, if you say it gets good after 5 chapter, I don't care. I'm not going into this again.

I stopped playing about halfway through, no romance, extremely fast paced, boring. I'll keep it short because quite frankly it's not worth my time, one of the worst I've played. I do not recommend this to anyone.

Parallax

This is the most toxic, mean, selfish bastard I ever saw in IF game and yet the author favors them (also make MC the biggest loser in the story), and people are delighted with that f#@&!* Sometimes I don't understand the community...

I agree Twisted Scene was better (even though there was one RO a bit similar to S). At least it was focused on music, not on childish dramas of celebrities.

Vamp-kun

This is the most toxic, mean, selfish bastard I ever saw in IF game and yet the author favors them (also make MC the biggest loser in the story), and people are delighted with that f#@&!* Sometimes I don't understand the community...

I agree Twisted Scene was better (even though there was one RO a bit similar to S). At least it was focused on music, not on childish dramas of celebrities.
If you're talking about Seven, then remember that the protagonist is coded at first as a female one.
Therefore, Seven acts as one of the classic male co-protagonists who are leaking of "unresolved sexual tension", historically found in the Harlequin novels and in many great shoujo anime.

It is very rare for a female co-protagonist to act like Seven, because then, we have male protagonists who are viewed as disappointing by the female crowd — NG: Evangelion for example (watch it until the end, it's just an innocent mecha show, there's nothing to be afraid of 😈) had a psychologically and physically weak protagonist that was hated in the west.

Anyway, I'm still baffled by the numerous Seven side stories, and sometimes I wonder if they'll give them as in-game DLC...

Parallax

Fallen Hero for me. I thought it was sure to be brilliant with how popular it is, but reading it left me mostly confused. I felt like I didn't have much player agency and didn't understand or like the character I was playing.
The same thing can be said about such games as Arcadie: Second-Born or Whiskey-Four 🤔 And in my opinion they had an even bigger problem with a lack of agency.

In Whiskey-Four (stupid name, by the way xd) you don't even have a choice of vice. MC was an alcoholic; for some reason, this thing particularly annoyed me...
So far there's one route that MC must follow, has quite set attitude towards their employer, is a cyborg, set skills: they seem to be good only in fighting and shooting, ex romantic partner who they are afraid of... A lot of set things compared to FH. That's why they feels to me more like a character from a traditional novel. However it was still great WIP to read. I enjoyed it more than the first game of that author (I, the Forgotten).

In FH you are forced to be a criminal, yes, you are telepath and you have a set past but there are a lot of choices that matter and paths. It's more visible in Retribution, tho.

ThomasBell

Degrees of Lewdity- I mean where do I honestly begin? I'll say our character looks like a little kid despite being 18, the graphics during the s e x scenes are soo horrible it's cringe worthy, the whole game is just, I mean there are NO words to describe how terrible that game is. When I read about it, I was like f u c k yes something great. Till you go in then you realize it's terrible. Biggest turn off in history. There was nothing in it that made... Well you guys know. So yea that's my take. Have a great evening and hopefully you guys find something alot better. Truthfully, my condolences if you played this game.