What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Stories that left you disappointed for a reason

JUNO!

i dislike anything made by dakota smith, the author of fallen lights, disenchanted, and multiple other WIPs. the only work i kind of like of theirs is fallen lights. my reasoning is (TW: OPINION!) i don’t like the authors social media presence, and their writing is mediocre at best. i really hate how they promise their patreons, people that PAY THEM monthly or annually (an unreasonable amount in my opinion), certain content on a certain time but never post it at all on time because of “internet problems“ but post other during the timeline… an example of this would be the fallen lights winter special. dakota said they’ll post it to their patreons on christmas, but ended up having wifi problems (????) so they extended the date to january 1st, 2024 at 12AM sharp. its almost march and still no winter special. whenever people would send anon messages (both polite and passive aggressive) to their tumblr about it, dakota would get pissed and say stuff like “i have a life” which is just wild to me. i feel bad for anyone who paid for their content that month but never got what they were promised. honestly, their patreon content as a whole isn’t worth it. i don’t mean any offense but they’re just not a reliable (and unique…their concepts are pretty overused in my opinion) author.

fromopendoors

i dislike anything made by dakota smith, the author of fallen lights, disenchanted, and multiple other WIPs. the only work i kind of like of theirs is fallen lights. my reasoning is (TW: OPINION!) i don’t like the authors social media presence, and their writing is mediocre at best. i really hate how they promise their patreons, people that PAY THEM monthly or annually (an unreasonable amount in my opinion), certain content on a certain time but never post it at all on time because of “internet problems“ but post other during the timeline… an example of this would be the fallen lights winter special. dakota said they’ll post it to their patreons on christmas, but ended up having wifi problems (????) so they extended the date to january 1st, 2024 at 12AM sharp. its almost march and still no winter special. whenever people would send anon messages (both polite and passive aggressive) to their tumblr about it, dakota would get pissed and say stuff like “i have a life” which is just wild to me. i feel bad for anyone who paid for their content that month but never got what they were promised. honestly, their patreon content as a whole isn’t worth it. i don’t mean any offense but they’re just not a reliable (and unique…their concepts are pretty overused in my opinion) author.
no literally, it seems borderline like a scam at this point :// people are entitled to be mad at them if they don't get the content they paid for

ThomasBell

I was considering becoming a Patron to Dakota but s h i t after seeing all this I don't know now lol. I do think they are creating too many IFs at once, I think it's very stupid. If they put all that focus on one or two they'd probably be completed by now. Plus I just don't like their attitude towards other nice asks. Probably keep this 15 for something everyone here wants.

nojkkkm

Eu estava pensando em me tornar um patrono de Dakota, mas merda, depois de ver tudo isso, não sei agora haha. Eu acho que eles estão criando muitos IFs de uma vez, acho isso muito estúpido. Se eles colocassem todo esse foco em um ou dois, provavelmente já estariam concluídos. Além disso, eu simplesmente não gosto da atitude deles em relação a outras perguntas legais. Provavelmente guarde esses 15 para algo que todos aqui desejam.
Wait, 15 dollars? and how many wips is she working?

fromopendoors

Yea I mean Dakota plays favorites just like every other single author. If you don't have money they don't want anything to do with you. Now there are those rare few that are great people who do answer your asks and try to be helpful and patient. Finding them is hard tho.
smaller authors seem to be the best for this (authors of nemisi, backstage, summer of love, the phoenix off the top of my head). i'd be happy to make a list for those if it's wanted here!

but any author asking for money tends to be erring on the side of preferential treatment for those with the money to spend

nojkkkm

smaller authors seem to be the best for this (authors of nemisi, backstage, summer of love, the phoenix off the top of my head). i'd be happy to make a list for those if it's wanted here!

but any author asking for money tends to be erring on the side of preferential treatment for those with the money to spend
I want the list ✋ to know which authors there are, at least the ones who are cool and not as popular as other

ThomasBell

I know some authors that don't have a huge fan base that I actually really like. Now I don't know them all off my head but if you want to make a list I'm sure a lot of us would really appreciate it. And yea I totally agree, they answer their patrons ask and do everything for them and leave us in the dust. I've been there many times. Still waiting from Seraphinitegames to answer my ask from 2018 but I'm not a Patron so it'll never get answered. Will always love Wayhaven but I really dislike Mishka. Such is life for those who can't afford.

nojkkkm

I know some authors that don't have a huge fan base that I actually really like. Now I don't know them all off my head but if you want to make a list I'm sure a lot of us would really appreciate it. And yea I totally agree, they answer their patrons ask and do everything for them and leave us in the dust. I've been there many times. Still waiting from Seraphinitegames to answer my ask from 2018 but I'm not a Patron so it'll never get answered. Will always love Wayhaven but I really dislike Mishka. Such is life for those who can't afford.
And she looks really cool, geez. I can understand not answering headcanons or haters, but it doesn't hurt to answer ask and doubts

ThomasBell

And she looks really cool, geez. I can understand not answering headcanons or haters, but it doesn't hurt to answer ask and doubts
Can't do anything about it, oh well. I think I'm gonna go find something I haven't played lmao. Feels like I've played each IF I could find 13 dozen times lol.

Camiiii

I like Wayhaven, Felix and Mason are my favorites! But I don't like how she like, never answered my question too 😭 yet i remember that all her asks where about Mason's ex ****buddy and I was like, watching all of that with judgemental eyes from afar.
ANYWAY, returning to the point of the conversation, i'd like to know the names of these authors too, and if they write a romance-driven story even better, share share thank youu

ThomasBell

I like Wayhaven, Felix and Mason are my favorites! But I don't like how she like, never answered my question too 😭 yet i remember that all her asks where about Mason's ex ****buddy and I was like, watching all of that with judgemental eyes from afar.
ANYWAY, returning to the point of the conversation, i'd like to know the names of these authors too, and if they write a romance-driven story even better, share share thank youu
I ask s e x questions all the time on other IF Tumblr pages and well I'll say 60-40 don't have a problem with it. Apartment 502 has answered all mine, and when she does create a Patreon no question I will be buying. Just gotta pick your battles I guess lol.

ThomasBell

More popular authors get a lot of asks so I understand when they don't answer mine. I don't think it should be treated like an obligation, writing is already hard props to them ~.~
6 years to answer a ask is beyond ridiculous. I don't care how popular they are. They should answer oldest to newest asks but they don't, not in my case.