What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Stories that left you disappointed for a reason

ThomasBell

And then when people go to their blog to find more content they're faced with 100+ posts saying "I won't answer this" XD it would most likely fill their blog. I just send the ask more times and if they don't answer then oh well.
It's the right thing to do, they can just delete the post after. But I do agree people shouldn't keep asking the same question just for attention, just send in one and leave it at that, see what happens.

arabella333

It's the right thing to do, they can just delete the post after. But I do agree people shouldn't keep asking the same question just for attention, just send in one and leave it at that, see what happens.
I can agree with that, most authors probably don't answer at all since they don't have an answer for the person. RIP to your ask to mishka though, I doubt she kept the ask from so many years ago. 🥲

ThomasBell

I can agree with that, most authors probably don't answer at all since they don't have an answer for the person. RIP to your ask to mishka though, I doubt she kept the ask from so many years ago. 🥲
She did email me about Patreon, well I doubt it was her, probably a member from the team. Now Mishka is a special case because she's the GOAT IF author. I seen her Patreon and my lord lmao, yea there's nothing left to say lol. So you know, I may kind of understand now but still doesn't make it right. Doesn't matter anyway it's long forgotten lol.

juno!

I played all the games, only personally bought book two. I wasn’t all that attached to the game because I dislike stat heavy games, the romance seemed lackluster, and there was too much action for my tastes. I only ever played F’s romance route because it’s more fast paced, and I’m not going to be waiting for a 473829 years just so I can romance a character. From what I hear, the romance with A is especially lacking (in speed, I never played their route before but that’s what I hear from readers.) I get slow burn, but A’s romance is allegedly slow slow slow burn. Once I realized that author was planning on making 7+ books… I lost all interest. It would be a good non-interactive book series, but since it’s interactive… I see no point in waiting for 7+ books to be complete, the plot is already confusing and hard to follow with three books. I feel the author is just dragging it out at this point. EDIT: I wanna make it clear that I enjoy the wayhaven series, but making 7+ interactive books about it seems unnecessary. I enjoy the romance but it’s already been three books and MC can only officially date 1, maybe 2 of the romance options so far? It makes me wonder if it’s even worth playing the future books.

Last edited:

Hackett Thrail

Okay, so I skimmed the entire thread. Mostly to see the different opinions people have.

I agree with some(like Juno! going after Dakota with a vengeance lmao) and disagree with some, mostly on the topics of Fallen Hero and Wayhaven(A is a ****ing gem and I will die on this hill, alone and unloved if I must but I will stand on it all the same) but I digress.

I will steal a bit of Vamp-Kun's format because I'm a God-damn thief and combine it with my patented format(there is no patent).

|Diaspora|

Where to even begin with this one? Allow me to preface this but saying I thoroughly enjoyed Diaspora. Everything from the Prologue to the 11th Chapter was fantastic:
  • The setting and world-building were fantastic
  • Magical Storm WMD and Leviathan
  • The characters, there wasn't a single one I hated, which is saying something because it's easy for me to easily hate a character but even my personal "big bad" of Balthasar, I couldn't hate him, though I did for a time due to spoiler reasons but in the end I didn't hate him enough to truly hate him. Though he deserved his death.
  • The ROs, oh my God the ROs were something else, Aisling(wife) and Pan, absolute gems.
  • The moral conundrum of having to choose between an Empire that may or may not lead to the assimilation of your cultural identity in exchange for securing your people's future or the Iskendi, a group of sea raiders like your own that are fighting tooth and nail for their homeland but whose future is in doubt because the Empire could very well turn its superior military might away from its eastern war to secure its territory(I chose the empire in case anyone was wondering) is GOAT'ed IMHO.
Sooo... All that being said, why am I writing this here instead of the recommendation thread? The answer is simple, the ****ing ending... Chapter 11 was the crescendo, the peak and culmination of everything. No more would I be able to double-dip, no more would I be Switzerland. I had chosen a course for my people and I will see it through to completion against the faction I sided against(i.e. decapitate their leadership). Emotions were high because ****ing Balthazar took my mother, the only family my MC had left and my interim-Chief MC had to lead his clan into the jaws of death in war and in the end thank goodness mother was still alive, the enemy leadership got gotted and we move into the Epilogue were the crescendo becomes the diminuendo(I think? I'm not fully familiar with musical terms but I mean the lowest point).

it starts off on the right track with a funeral for the fallen, which leads to a couple of choices, a conversation with your mother and then your chosen RO and then... The End.

Abrupt no? Those couple of choices that I mentioned? That's the one that sets your clan's future and the future of your magical WMD and that's pretty much it... All the trials and tribulations your character and clan went through? The entirety of chapter 10? The one whose entire purpose was the negotiation with your chosen faction for the future of your clan and magical WMD? it doesn't matter because, through the epilogue, you can choose to abandon everything you've fought for just to **** off back to where you came from in the North... And after all that? After a single conversation with your RO, you're left with this

"This is the end of one story of MC, GENDER of Chief Roise of Clan Maghnus.

Tomorrow, the next story begins."

Maybe I'm just salty or whatever... But I would have vastly preferred smaller bits of info about what happened afterwards, what became of your cast of friends and their futures based on how you steered them, what became of your clan based on the future you negotiated, was it the one you wanted? What became of your MC and their chosen RO? Have the choices made throughout the story matter... Sigh

Perhaps the Authors were tired after 5 long years of writing the IF and just wanted it done and over with, maybe there will be a sequel that expands on it, maybe... Maybe... Maybe I'm just being entitled, I don't know, regardless, 95% of it was truly phenomenal but the ending left me disappointed.

Camiiii

About Wayhaven I have like, really nothing to say sincerely, i tried A's route only in the beginning because i was curious, but I can't stand the pain 😭 but i did notice that a good amount of people on tumblr wasn't very happy for how A's route was going (i think it's something about a kiss? dunno) and about becoming an agent and Rebecca, i remember the last one better because if you choose to not get her help you like, fail in a way and ends up with your ex in a cage but if you accept its "better", so they weren't happy because you seem "forced" in a way to be with Rebecca or something, i can't recall very well all of that because I stopped obsessing over it (but wait when the fourth book is out.....Felix and Mason 🥺)

((Sorry if my English isn't well))

ThomasBell

About Wayhaven I have like, really nothing to say sincerely, i tried A's route only in the beginning because i was curious, but I can't stand the pain 😭 but i did notice that a good amount of people on tumblr wasn't very happy for how A's route was going (i think it's something about a kiss? dunno) and about becoming an agent and Rebecca, i remember the last one better because if you choose to not get her help you like, fail in a way and ends up with your ex in a cage but if you accept its "better", so they weren't happy because you seem "forced" in a way to be with Rebecca or something, i can't recall very well all of that because I stopped obsessing over it (but wait when the fourth book is out.....Felix and Mason 🥺)

((Sorry if my English isn't well))
Ava's route is the slowest slow burn I've ever seen, s h i t for me I just wanna be married to her already lmao, my list in terms of my favorite route to least is Ava, Nat, Morgan and Farah. Still love Wayhaven tho, haven't played it in a bit tho truthfully, might do that today.

SaintRosina

I just wanna begin by saying: no shade to A, they're my bestie <3 but oh my god i was already having second thoughts about continuing that savefile on their route, but remembering the drama after The Kiss™ just 💀 nah im good. But i don't believe that A is inherently a bad route?? i mean it's delivering exactly what it promised, a slow burn with an emotionally constipated 1000 year old vampire 😂 and considering how popular their route is?
if you're not into that tho, of course ur gonna avoid it like the plague, like me 🤷

Who i DO have strong feelings about is Rebecca 💀 like i can't stand her ok? And the Author practically doing gymnastics to try and make us feel bad about her is not helping lmao having UB meddle and try to tell the detective how to feel about Rebecca? The quilt tripping when choosing to be distant towards her? C'mon. All that just makes me dislike her more ngl

So yeh that about covers it lol besides the latest books problem with its villains and Rebecca, i LOVE wayhaven and its characters and can't wait for book 4 <3

Hackett Thrail

I just wanna begin by saying: no shade to A, they're my bestie <3 but oh my god i was already having second thoughts about continuing that savefile on their route, but remembering the drama after The Kiss™ just 💀 nah im good. But i don't believe that A is inherently a bad route?? i mean it's delivering exactly what it promised, a slow burn with an emotionally constipated 1000 year old vampire 😂 and considering how popular their route is?
if you're not into that tho, of course ur gonna avoid it like the plague, like me 🤷

Who i DO have strong feelings about is Rebecca 💀 like i can't stand her ok? And the Author practically doing gymnastics to try and make us feel bad about her is not helping lmao having UB meddle and try to tell the detective how to feel about Rebecca? The quilg tripping when choosing to be distant towards her? C'mon. All that just makes me dislike her more ngl

So yeh that about covers it lol besides the latest books problem with its villains and Rebecca, i LOVE wayhaven and its characters and can't wait for book 4 <3
I agree, Ava's route is certainly not for everybody. And while I do indeed love her, the bestie smackdown after The Kiss™(especially for me since bestie Morgan did the RKO) was blessed, Perhaps I'm a tad masochistic but I'm enjoying it for what it is.

Fair enough on Rebecca I suppose, personally I went the opposite route and was close to Mama Becca since I could understand where see was coming from and how all-consuming her job is, so I didn't run into any of the guilt-tripping but if the team does that to MC, I can see how one could stand to start hating on her.

However, there is one point I'd like to touch on and it's the villains. One member mentioned this already but I'm too lazy to check who but I agree with them. Murphy was GOAT'ed, the best villain so far. Falk in book 2 was rather boring and looking through the code apparently, were you to play as a female MC, you could get him horni? At least the rest of the Carnival was decent. Then there was Sin and his may or may not be real soul bond with a thot in book 3... I just... literally couldn't care less.

Though the "villain" in Holiday Magic was pretty good, made me shed a few tears, stupid little magical toy elf thing... All-in-all, Murphy -> Elf thing that I can't remember the name of rn -> Falk(the carnival is carrying his *** so hard rn) & finally Sin.

Here's hoping Book 4's villain delivers, since I'm curious how many people will end up trying to romance them since it's Book 4... if you're not romancing any one of Unit Bravo, wtf are you evening doing?

Last edited:

Seal

sorry to backtrack to Dakota point again. Didn't realize the patreon situation is that bad.

Didn't patreon also only for 1 month? last time I check if you subs in patreon, you only get that month content. So, if the content that was promise in december was posted in January, does that mean you have to subscribe to them AGAIN in order to get the content that was promised?

ThomasBell

juno!

THE SOUL STONE WAR​
NOTE: I want to make it clear that while I enjoy the series as a whole, I found it difficult to enjoy book one. It’s complicated to explain my reasoning in a way that would make sense to “normal” people, but I’m going to try my best… I ask you in advance to be respectful of my opinions, as I am indeed neurodivergent and my issue with the book may be caused by my obvious struggle with social cues.
There is a lack of tone/mood within the options given. Specifically when trying to raise your platonic/romantic percent with characters. The first time I played book one, I was so invested in the plot and tried romancing one character monogamously, only to realize I’ve been flirting with the whole cast unintentionally! There’s a chance of this being a me issue (I struggle with identifying tone) rather than being a writing issue, but I’ve realized I can’t seem to compliment a character under the intent of being friendly without building up romance points with that character.. It was kind of embarrassing to find out I was making my MC a disloyal hooligan when I already played through most the game under the impression that I’ve been the world’s most loyal person, LMAO. I really was trying to be a good friend to the cast but ended up unintentionally trying to get them in bed instead. RIP to all the people that struggle with tone like me. This is why we need tone indicators, guys.

MintChocoChip

sorry to backtrack to Dakota point again. Didn't realize the patreon situation is that bad.

Didn't patreon also only for 1 month? last time I check if you subs in patreon, you only get that month content. So, if the content that was promise in december was posted in January, does that mean you have to subscribe to them AGAIN in order to get the content that was promised?
I was invested with the Disenchanted IF to the point that I was thinking of becoming a patreon but then the story seems to be dragged all over like there was a rewrite and some characters that i don't know if i miss them during the demo or was just introduced somewhere along the author's tumblr ask, while the side stories and pov are nice i really wish they focus on the story and not bait the readers with crumbs. Probably going to hold off the patreon if this is all happening now.

Seal

I was invested with the Disenchanted IF to the point that I was thinking of becoming a patreon but then the story seems to be dragged all over like there was a rewrite and some characters that i don't know if i miss them during the demo or was just introduced somewhere along the author's tumblr ask, while the side stories and pov are nice i really wish they focus on the story and not bait the readers with crumbs. Probably going to hold off the patreon if this is all happening now.
oof yeah. I guess side story is nice. But the main storyline is like... 1 minutes read? last time I check the public demo was also so short...

guiltycrown

The Passenger mostly because I was hoping to do some eldritch being shenanigans as an inhuman creature. But like, what the hell was that
anticlimactic boss fight?

Pon Para and the Great Southern Labyrinth - the poly route. Hot dang. I didn't expect to be uncomfortable seeing that. What a disaster. Thank goodness that Night Road's poly route was better handled.

Sins of the Sires - okay. This one's on me. I should've listened. The story was disjointed. A waste words reading and going through other endings.

ThomasBell

Let the hate begin... I truly do not like Shepard's of Haven. Not even a little bit. For me, the romance is horrendous, the pace is too fast, story felt plain and generic. Not my cup of tea. I don't see how people even like it let alone love it. Now let the hate begin...