What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Path of martial arts: leaked sneak peaks, and discussing thread

Arlonb

Ruo saying he’ll let mc live was hilarious.
For me, the really hilarious part was his speech "I will not let you destroy what our ancestors have spent so long to build"... Literally, his clan is only important because they were the main heirs of Tang Wei, the only really important ancestor... If he really cared about history and legacy, all built on Tang Wei's plan, he should simply stretch his neck and accept the death of a pig raised for slaughter. He's just a hypocrite who thinks he and his clan are gods, but in the end, he's among the most ignorant in the book.

Seyiz

Overall, I liked it a lot, especially the chance to call Ruo a fish or an ant, to exchange a few strikes and the chance to "trick" Bohai.

The only part that annoyed me is that the author gave Ruo the best possible plot armor, Heavens loves him and does everything to help him. My opinion is that it's ridiculous, but at least he admits that the potential of the MC's physique is greater (too bad Heavens hates him).
good to know,you actually realised ruos stronger for now.

Seyiz

The yichen route opens my eyes to the fact that, tang yichen and ruo are fools🥱 and pathetic🤢🤮. Imagine the world's strongest man coming to bully a peak houtian(yes MC really is peak unfortunately). I insulted him and was rude throughout the scene and he did nothing 😂. Bohai would've killed me for such insolence! Not to mention DQ. Anyway the main reason I said they're foolish is cus, he needs MC to stay and help but all he did was a Qi stone 🤦🏻‍♂️. And he did so asif he's just given MC a million dollars for free. Honestly RN Qi is overrated. And did you guys know that if you have 0 Qi strands you die instantly 💀. Nobody told me😂❗. Had to go back to my modded save. Honestly I'd prefer if he made us leave the tourney and train with him, that way his life wouldn't be completely useless 🥱. And to think he forced mc to help ruo. Ohh I'm gonna make them beg before I help, mainly cus I know I'll die if I straight up refuse lol.
I actually thought at that scene he'll ask us to teach ruo. Yunno turn her into our student
And one more mind-blowing concept is;

Wait for it...

Just a little minute....

It's getting old isn't it....

Ws bored so I had to make it fun...

Alright the last concept is...

I really have no idea

Jk
The last thing I wanted to bring to your minds was;

RUO AT HOUTIAN IS FORMING AN AURA 💀❗
or I think she is🤔. How'd you explain the stone stuff?
@Arlonb was tryna deny it..

God

bro just realised ruos the mc
Eh mc is still HIM, but it’s just hilarious that ruo gets everything and mc has to pick and choose. Remember Ruo had everything growing up compared to Mc, I think from now own mc will show how great they can be. I’m looking forward to Caihong vs Ruo in the future, far future since best girl would smack ruo, and she’s peak X atm

God

One negative I will say about the Mc is that they are so boring fighting wise, every fight is same thing just different variations. I know mc is just starting hopefully in the future we see mc use Dao in better ways. We know Niki can write interesting fights just when it comes to mc attacks it’s boring to me.

Arlonb

One negative I will say about the Mc is that they are so boring fighting wise, every fight is same thing just different variations. I know mc is just starting hopefully in the future we see mc use Dao in better ways. We know Niki can write interesting fights just when it comes to mc attacks it’s boring to me.
You're more critical than I am, friend. When it comes to fights, I'm pretty simple. If the text makes me imagine a cool scene, I'm satisfied. I particularly like the rare scenes when the MC uses a power, but when it doesn't have much effect or wasn't enough, he simply decides to add more Qi, simple but nice.

God

You're more critical than I am, friend. When it comes to fights, I'm pretty simple. If the text makes me imagine a cool scene, I'm satisfied. I particularly like the rare scenes when the MC uses a power, but when it doesn't have much effect or wasn't enough, he simply decides to add more Qi, simple but nice.
Fair, I loved the blood hunter fight though. I just want more variation.

Seyiz

Eh mc is still HIM, but it’s just hilarious that ruo gets everything and mc has to pick and choose. Remember Ruo had everything growing up compared to Mc, I think from now own mc will show how great they can be. I’m looking forward to Caihong vs Ruo in the future, far future since best girl would smack ruo, and she’s peak X atm
its a joke. anyone knows that the mc will be superior to all around the end,im just referring to those who play story mode and automatically think they are stronger than ruo rn.

God

its a joke. anyone knows that the mc will be superior to all around the end,im just referring to those who play story mode and automatically think they are stronger than ruo rn.
Exactly I love that Niki leans into the memes about Ruo too. “Why isn’t mc stronger than the person who is next heir of the strongest clan by far and got everything growing up while mc is from a dying poor clan?” The story mode got their brains fried.

Arlonb

was talking abt ruos present edge over the mc
Right, I see, but my point wasn't that MC was stronger, just that he's better than Ruo in an existential sense, because of his physique and because he's a cultivator. That Ruo is stronger I could never deny, no matter how unwilling I was, since the author loves to rub this fact in the reader's face, one way or another.

Arlonb

Exactly I love that Niki leans into the memes about Ruo too. “Why isn’t mc stronger than the person who is next heir of the strongest clan by far and got everything growing up while mc is from a dying poor clan?” The story mode got their brains fried.
Honestly, I agree. I haven't played Story Mode since it stopped being "Overlord Talent" or something. It's simply a disappointment, at first it was supposed to be the pinnacle of everything, but it's not too difficult to achieve similar results playing on normal. If it was like Aura Clash, with a different quote and paragraph here or there, it would be nice, but as it isn't, it's just bad.

God

Honestly, I agree. I haven't played Story Mode since it stopped being "Overlord Talent" or something. It's simply a disappointment, at first it was supposed to be the pinnacle of everything, but it's not too difficult to achieve similar results playing on normal. If it was like Aura Clash, with a different quote and paragraph here or there, it would be nice, but as it isn't, it's just bad.
Even anon said it would still not make sense sometimes in the story. Actually anon is built different with all the different scenes he has to write. Niki only added story mode for people who complained about stats and just wanted to pass every stat check without worrying

Arlonb

Even anon said it would still not make sense sometimes in the story. Actually anon is built different with all the different scenes he has to write. Niki only added story mode for people who complained about stats and just wanted to pass every stat check without worrying
It's cool, right? In this respect I really admire Anon, it's fun to search for the differences between normal mode and Jade Dragon mode. The way he puts passages like "how is this possible if I have the Jade Dragon Foundation?", or the way certain characters notice the MC's abnormal talent is good to read. He doesn't make the MC an invincible aberration, as far as the lore goes, but he makes the cheat mode fun to play.