What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Path of martial arts: leaked sneak peaks, and discussing thread

1O0

those who play story mode and automatically think they are stronger than ruo rn.
Those are some really delusional people

the game/book reminds you that Ruo is better/stronger than you everytime you meet him/her.

Why would people think otherwise?

Only delusional people really think that story mode Wu Heir>Ruo(even with dragon transform)

Last edited:

1O0

It's cool, right? In this respect I really admire Anon, it's fun to search for the differences between normal mode and Jade Dragon mode. The way he puts passages like "how is this possible if I have the Jade Dragon Foundation?", or the way certain characters notice the MC's abnormal talent is good to read. He doesn't make the MC an invincible aberration, as far as the lore goes, but he makes the cheat mode fun to play.
Anon is unironically a better writer than atleast 90% of the cog authors

Mr lol

The fight that I anticipate is Caihong vs Ruo both the dragonokind and the Dao child are all favor by heaven and Caihong is basically power of all the dragon combine as for Ruo stuff the latest update gave me peace since it's finally explain why he's this good but in the end our physique are much better and now I understand why we advance quicker than him

Kamisama

Bro did you play Yang Bohai's master route?

I didn't think it was actually disappointing...we had a lot of lore on this update and the YB route was especially good.
Yeah the lore was cool and all, but i want to fight!!!!! And power upppssss

• Haha
Reactions: 1O0

Arlonb

Those are some really delusional people

the game/book reminds you that Ruo is better/stronger than you everytime you meet him/her.

Why would people think otherwise?

Only delusional people really think that story mode Wu Heir>Ruo(even with dragon transform)
In all honesty, my problem with Ruo isn't that he's stronger, it's that he's a terrible rival, a good rival doesn't have to be an invincible existence until the end, many here, if not most, believe that the MC can only beat Ruo in the last book.

Now with the latest revelation, that the heavens favor Ruo, that may well be the case. What the author has done is practically turn Ruo into a Medaka and the MC into a Kumagawa (anyone who knows Medaka Box knows what I'm talking about). This guarantees that no matter if the MC gets a boost, Ruo will have a bigger boost, no matter if at some point the MC seems stronger than him, Ruo will show something new and stay ahead. It's exaggerated to the point that, if by some miracle the MC is winning, something absurd could happen to "save" Ruo.

Let's go back to the example of Aura Clash. Jack is apparently invincible at the moment and the protagonist's biggest obstacle, but I doubt that anyone who follows the game will think "It's only possible to beat Jack in the last book". Jack is a good rival, to the point that even if he ends up victorious in this book, no one will think "He's Anon's pet".

1O0

In all honesty, my problem with Ruo isn't that he's stronger, it's that he's a terrible rival, a good rival doesn't have to be an invincible existence until the end, many here, if not most, believe that the MC can only beat Ruo in the last book.

Now with the latest revelation, that the heavens favor Ruo, that may well be the case. What the author has done is practically turn Ruo into a Medaka and the MC into a Kumagawa (anyone who knows Medaka Box knows what I'm talking about). This guarantees that no matter if the MC gets a boost, Ruo will have a bigger boost, no matter if at some point the MC seems stronger than him, Ruo will show something new and stay ahead. It's exaggerated to the point that, if by some miracle the MC is winning, something absurd could happen to "save" Ruo.

Let's go back to the example of Aura Clash. Jack is apparently invincible at the moment and the protagonist's biggest obstacle, but I doubt that anyone who follows the game will think "It's only possible to beat Jack in the last book". Jack is a good rival, to the point that even if he ends up victorious in this book, no one will think "He's Anon's pet".
Yeah I actually agree with you.

Nicky exaggerated with Ruo a LOT.
And this won't end anytime soon...and honestly? That would be fine(strong rival yapyap MC only winning is boring yapyap I agree with allat tho) so as long as the MC gets the same treatment since they are supposed to be Ruo's rival,their only match and allat etc etc, but we all know that isn't the case.

In short:
I get you. 🤝

God forbid if you say that on discord,bro 😭

People there would be screeching left and right that you're a power fantasy madman.

Last edited:

Arlonb

Yeah I actually agree with you.

Nicky exaggerated with Ruo a LOT.
And this won't end anytime soon...and honestly? That would be fine so as long as the MC gets the same treatment since they are supposed to be Ruo's rival and all, but we all know that isn't the case.

In short:
I get you. 🤝

God forbid if you say that on discord,bro 😭

People there would be screeching left and right that you're a power fantasy madman.
Thanks, I'm glad someone agrees...

Did I overdo it with the reference to Medaka Box? Personally, I thought it was pretty accurate, but I don't really know anyone other than myself who's read it, so I don't know if anybody will understand.

1O0

Tbh in the early day of POMA Niki never plan to make Ruo this strong (just strong) or MC as God reincarnation but nearing the expo update Niki decide to make Ruo a plot device (ofc that's more than rival) now Ruo is a Dao child lol
Yeah as I said Nicky is exaggerating a lot with our boy Ruo.
He as you said legit feels like a plot device at this point.
Or dare I say a creator's pet?

And I say this while being someone that really likes when the MC actually has a strong and competent rival on their path.
Imo a fighting story where the MC doesn't even have a lick of struggle is horrible...plain and simple.

I can only hope that when the MC finally defeats him Nicky would write on a believable and convincing way that makes everyone or atleast more than half of the fanbase satisfied.

Last edited:

God

Honestly I only think Ruo is hated by some because they are going to be a persistent thorn in mc side for 3 books until the very end. In most cultivation stories there’s usually arcs and each arc is a different rival for the mc. I feel like some feel like Ruo is being rubbed in their faces by just being perfect and everyone talks about their greatness. Usually a cultivation mc has one rival beats him and advances realms and starts over, but ruo is part of the plot so always will be around.

God

I'm quite curious about her future strength growth actually

She's already a PX right? I wonder if she's starting the 2nd book as a weak S already

Or maybe she's already a S...
Yes she’s Px, all I know is Mc, Ruo, and Caihong will be strongest S at some point in the future. One of those 2 are getting 2vs1