What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Resource icon

Path of Martial Arts WIP Mod Menu WIP

Register to download this resource for free!

eyesonme

It's spelled out why Tang Ruo can do stuff above his level though - he trained under the most powerful martial artists walking the planet, and has access to all kinds of treasures, artifacts, elixirs, etc all his life. Plus whatever's going on with the lizard thing. You had an uncle who doesn't speak to you, and a father who's drunk all the time (who also doesn't speak to you!). Obviously he'll be ahead

Mr lol

It's spelled out why Tang Ruo can do stuff above his level though - he trained under the most powerful martial artists walking the planet, and has access to all kinds of treasures, artifacts, elixirs, etc all his life. Plus whatever's going on with the lizard thing. You had an uncle who doesn't speak to you, and a father who's drunk all the time (who also doesn't speak to you!). Obviously he'll be ahead
I remember an instance where he told us he drank an ocean worth of Elixir,a mountain worth of pill and an immeasurable amount of Paste,he's basically the last hope of Tang too since Tang Yichen is old af...Sure Tang Jia is a shangtian but compare to other shangtian she's below average so that's why they basically pour every of their resource to Ruo.

Seyiz

No. It is literally stated that there is no pill that should be able to do that.
I can agree with his lizard power and his sword dao but to say elixirs or training under anyone allowed him to do that makes absolutely no sense.
Each stage is only allowed to let you train to the peak of that stage,if someone were to train themselves that much or consumed elixirs, they wouldn't be meant to get stronger past the limit of that strength but they would unlock the next stage which the author seems to follow perfectly in regards to the mc but somehow turns the other eye when it comes to ruo.
There is literally a limit placed on stats increasing because of this, you are literally forced to either enter the next stage or be adamant on staying in the same stage while not getting stronger.
Using the sword dao and entering his lizard form would allow fighting a stage higher to be understandable but beating someone a stage higher without uses of skills and basic pummeling is just straight up idiocy from the author.
And to clarify myself,I am not saying fighting a stage higher wouldn't be understandable but I am saying that limiting that to tang ruo without giving sufficient explanation except from him swallowing pills and doing training is no reason to limit that sort of power to tang ruo.
Actual cultivation novels don't retract the ability for the mc to fight stages higher but just make it for those who train hard and don't restrict to some reason that makes no sense.
All I'm basically saying is that it would be preferable for the author to rewrite most of the battle scenes with tang ruo and make him implement his sword dao or use his lizard form or remove the ability of the mc getting locked out of increasing their stats while in a particular stage cause the whole barehanded winning against a stage higher makes no sense.

Seyiz

I remember an instance where he told us he drank an ocean worth of Elixir,a mountain worth of pill and an immeasurable amount of Paste,he's basically the last hope of Tang too since Tang Yichen is old af...Sure Tang Jia is a shangtian but compare to other shangtian she's below average so that's why they basically pour every of their resource to Ruo.
The author really doesn't have any proper explanation, either he admits he intentionally restricted everyone except tang ruo to be able to increase their stats while being a particular level or implements tang ruos sword dao and lizard power into his combat to make the story more sensible.
I very highly doubt there is any pill that could allow anyone to fight a level higher permanently that wouldn't be known by the mc by now, especially the so called ones used for mortals in "Mahjong" especially now that we are peak Houtian.
It's like saying a shangtian wouldn't know about a pill that an Houtian could use to fight a stage higher permanently.
There is literally no explanation aside that the author made a mistake.
If he wants to keep tang ruo with that power level no problem,but he should allow an overlord mc to do something similar to tang ruo because everyone knows that the mc from aura clash is in a way worse scenario than the mc from poma but the Jade foundation (basically the overlord of aura clash is written perfectly).
Or he simply doesn't restrict the increment of stats in a stage just makes it harder to increase which would explain the tang ruo power level easily.

walvd

If he had implemented his draconic powers sure. But from what we've seen,he hasn't even touched that power in our presence, even against long Chen🤣, the author might has well make him beat a xiantian now with his dragon blood line😭
That wouldn't be enough. Tang ruo with draconic powers will definitely wipe the floor with shangtians, why? Because......dragon powers that's it 😂

Arlonb

The author really doesn't have any proper explanation, either he admits he intentionally restricted everyone except tang ruo to be able to increase their stats while being a particular level or implements tang ruos sword dao and lizard power into his combat to make the story more sensible.
I very highly doubt there is any pill that could allow anyone to fight a level higher permanently that wouldn't be known by the mc by now, especially the so called ones used for mortals in "Mahjong" especially now that we are peak Houtian.
It's like saying a shangtian wouldn't know about a pill that an Houtian could use to fight a stage higher permanently.
There is literally no explanation aside that the author made a mistake.
If he wants to keep tang ruo with that power level no problem,but he should allow an overlord mc to do something similar to tang ruo because everyone knows that the mc from aura clash is in a way worse scenario than the mc from poma but the Jade foundation (basically the overlord of aura clash is written perfectly).
Or he simply doesn't restrict the increment of stats in a stage just makes it harder to increase which would explain the tang ruo power level easily.
In a way, I agree. I love POMA, but the power scale is almost ridiculous. Our mc can beat dozens of weaklings, but for anyone above average he'll have a tough fight or even his own face rubbed into the ground. Not to mention that Tang Ruo can beat the top 1000 two stages above while the mc can't even land a blow on a nobody two stages above.

unknown0ne

Y'all can blame the mc's grandpa for that

The fight your talking about is with a guy that's nearly identical in power scale from birth but unlike you he got access to one of the first emperor's vaults

And if Y'all noticed that the latest update literally showed you becoming the only person to be able to leave your world behind

There's literally no one like the mc in this universe anymore

Seyiz

In a way, I agree. I love POMA, but the power scale is almost ridiculous. Our mc can beat dozens of weaklings, but for anyone above average he'll have a tough fight or even his own face rubbed into the ground. Not to mention that Tang Ruo can beat the top 1000 two stages above while the mc can't even land a blow on a nobody two stages above.
Exactly,my advice to the author would be to just not limit the stats increment in a stage just make it very hard to the extent that most people would just prefer leveling up while those who picked to keep grinding in a stage would get the benefits of being a prodigy,or they could just play overlord mode and use exp which would make the overlord mode way better cause I don't see how being blessed by the heavens with the best talent out there wouldn't put you on the same levels as someone who eats elixirs all day

Seyiz

Y'all can blame the mc's grandpa for that

The fight your talking about is with a guy that's nearly identical in power scale from birth but unlike you he got access to one of the first emperor's vaults

And if Y'all noticed that the latest update literally showed you becoming the only person to be able to leave your world behind

There's literally no one like the mc in this universe anymore
I can't understand what you mean?
Though it is good that it will only be the mc that can ascend.
Tho I think tang ruo will probably find a way to ascend unless the author wants to make a whole new world again after the Ascension

unknown0ne

Your a reincarnated tang wei (however it's spelt aha) put a kind of lock on you that kida severed a connection to tang wei so could guide you to one of his vaults that have special moves etc( the skill when you fight in the massive battle against the boss how he kept exploding and regenerating

To ascend you gotta kill everyone on the planet 😅

Mr lol

Your a reincarnated tang wei (however it's spelt aha) put a kind of lock on you that kida severed a connection to tang wei so could guide you to one of his vaults that have special moves etc( the skill when you fight in the massive battle against the boss how he kept exploding and regenerating

To ascend you gotta kill everyone on the planet 😅
Well our maternal grandpa put a karmic seal on us that's why we hasn't meet with Wei from the start and meanwhile Tang ruo,Long chen and that little demon queen got Wei to guide them as a voice inside their head.

phantom

No. It is literally stated that there is no pill that should be able to do that.
I can agree with his lizard power and his sword dao but to say elixirs or training under anyone allowed him to do that makes absolutely no sense.
Each stage is only allowed to let you train to the peak of that stage,if someone were to train themselves that much or consumed elixirs, they wouldn't be meant to get stronger past the limit of that strength but they would unlock the next stage which the author seems to follow perfectly in regards to the mc but somehow turns the other eye when it comes to ruo.
There is literally a limit placed on stats increasing because of this, you are literally forced to either enter the next stage or be adamant on staying in the same stage while not getting stronger.
Using the sword dao and entering his lizard form would allow fighting a stage higher to be understandable but beating someone a stage higher without uses of skills and basic pummeling is just straight up idiocy from the author.
And to clarify myself,I am not saying fighting a stage higher wouldn't be understandable but I am saying that limiting that to tang ruo without giving sufficient explanation except from him swallowing pills and doing training is no reason to limit that sort of power to tang ruo.
Actual cultivation novels don't retract the ability for the mc to fight stages higher but just make it for those who train hard and don't restrict to some reason that makes no sense.
All I'm basically saying is that it would be preferable for the author to rewrite most of the battle scenes with tang ruo and make him implement his sword dao or use his lizard form or remove the ability of the mc getting locked out of increasing their stats while in a particular stage cause the whole barehanded winning against a stage higher makes no sense.
This is just 1 of the three books. So the author might make the mc op in the next books?