What's new
Choice of Mods

Join our amazing community to find Choicescript games and modifications to improve your gameplay!

Stories that left you disappointed for a reason

Sant

Love and leases.

It's fairly new. The demo just dropped recently. Check it out if you're interested. You have probably heard of it, if you're around tumblr a lot. You catch your fiancè and sister cheating on you on your anniversary. You lose your apartment and dog both because of them and are currently living with your best friend.

On to ranting.
The story was good. The premise is good. But some of the dialogues were so cringe worthy I had to close the tab and walk away from my laptop. Especially the bold flirting options. Why isn't there a single bold option that is not suggestive? I don't mind innuendo but in this IF it was straight up unbearable because of how poorly written it was. I am baffled to see that it's so popular but i suppose, to each his own. I came expecting something similar to apt-502 but man.... wth. Lol.
Tbh I dislike it because of the lack of choices, when it haves it's just some choices to define your flirting style

Gone_Dead

Love and leases.

It's fairly new. The demo just dropped recently. Check it out if you're interested. You have probably heard of it, if you're around tumblr a lot. You catch your fiancè and sister cheating on you on your anniversary. You lose your apartment and dog both because of them and are currently living with your best friend.

On to ranting.
The story was good. The premise is good. But some of the dialogues were so cringe worthy I had to close the tab and walk away from my laptop. Especially the bold flirting options. Why isn't there a single bold option that is not suggestive? I don't mind innuendo but in this IF it was straight up unbearable because of how poorly written it was. I am baffled to see that it's so popular but i suppose, to each his own. I came expecting something similar to apt-502 but man.... wth. Lol.
Tbh, it seems like a story written for a female MC. The MC acts like a teenage girl, everyone treats MC like a girl especially Cam. As a straight guy, you can be sure that I will be creeped out by the way Cam acts. If I ever find out my best friend was lusting over me online I wont be able to see that guy the same way anymore (not in a good way). Now its an entirely different story when that person is someone you could potentially be interested in romantically and sexually. Therefore, it would have been better to make Cam gender selectable since that way the author could check off a common trope for all readers and that it wouldn't creep out a part of the readers and cater more interest to the game through the character (who is obviously very popular according to the author's tumblr).

I'm not a fan of the writing. As you said, the dialogues are nowhere good enough to express the mood some MC's might want to convey. I just cant find immersion anywhere in the demo. Tbh I read the demo completely and the only things that stayed with me are the negetives. That should say something. This is also the reason why I didnt send an ask for the Cam situation I mentioned. Since I cant find myself enjoying the story and there's the possiblity the author might not take well to my criticisms, I just decided not to care about it. Maybe I'll send an ask about this one of these days.

clover

As a straight guy, you can be sure that I will be creeped out by the way Cam acts. If I ever find out my best friend was lusting over me online I wont be able to see that guy the same way anymore (not in a good way). Now its an entirely different story when that person is someone you could potentially be interested in romantically and sexually. Therefore, it would have been better to make Cam gender selectable since that way the author could check off a common trope for all readers and that it wouldn't creep out a part of the readers and cater more interest to the game through the character (who is obviously very popular according to the author's tumblr).
Ahhh I didn't get that far in the first place because I just couldn't tolerate it anymore lololol.

but maybe the author's reasoning behind not making Cam gender selectable was wanting to put the player in an awkward situation to add drama? You know, feelings are not something anyone can control so perhaps she wanted to add some realism. I see nothing wrong with it AS LONG AS she gives the player the choice to react negatively to cam's crush or set boundaries.

Gone_Dead

Ahhh I didn't get that far in the first place because I just couldn't tolerate it anymore lololol.

but maybe the author's reasoning behind not making Cam gender selectable was wanting to put the player in an awkward situation to add drama? You know, feelings are not something anyone can control so perhaps she wanted to add some realism. I see nothing wrong with it AS LONG AS she gives the player the choice to react negatively to cam's crush or set boundaries.
No need for more drama in a story where you left your ex (selectable) for another ex and then that another ex cheated on you with your sister. I'm not a fan of stories forcing you into certain situations without giving you any agency. That's why I stopped reading 'Crown of Ashes and Flames'. Seemed like a story for masochists. There are these stories that railroads you into unpleasant environments and expects you to make friends and find love. I keep reading them expecting at some time it will pay off but no. Even 'The Exile' has moments like this but those moments are written well and is balanced well with the narrative.

Last edited: